Author Topic: Alistair Overeem leaves Golden Glory citing “breach of trust”  (Read 1035 times)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Alistair Overeem leaves Golden Glory citing “breach of trust”
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:43:28 AM »
The strange saga starring Alistair Overeem and his management/training team, Golden Glory, took an unexpected twist today when the former Strikeforce heavyweight champ went on Twitter to announce he’d severed professional ties with the group.

“As with any relationship, there are good times and bad times – you have your common ground and your differences. As with any relationship, you have trust,” Overeem wrote. “When differences lead to a breach of trust, there’s no turning back and no way to continue a positive, working relationship. I don’t air my dirty laundry. I would appreciate the respect regarding my privacy to not disclose any further details on this matter.”

Overeem recently signed with the UFC after having his contract essentially frozen by Zuffa after explaining he would be unable to compete in the Strikeforce Grand Prix semifinals due to injury. However, the official reason provided by Zuffa was related to Golden Glory’s policy of being paid directly rather than their fighters receiving checks with the company even going so far as to release the Dutchman’s fellow Golden Glory competitors Marloes Coenen and Jon Olav Einemo as well.

Overeem Reacts to Contractual Limbo with Strikeforce

Other than finding a new management team and place to train, up next for “The Demolition Man” is a December 30 debut in the Octagon against Brock Lesnar at UFC 141. Overeem is 35-11 in his career with 33 finishes and is currently in the midst of a ten-fight winning streak.