Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 30, 2014, 02:36:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comicbooks that need to be adapted to the Big Screen  (Read 3069 times)
Desolate
Getbig III

I dream of Gods

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 05:19:18 AM »

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=74333

Todd McFarlane Updates On New SPAWN Movie; Second Animated Series In The Works

Speaking with MTV Geek at Toy Fair, writer Todd McFarlane offers an update on the next Spawn film. A sequel to the critically panned 1997 film was in the works, but in 2009, it was reported that McFarlane was working on a stand-alone script which would be completely different from the original. Now, he says that he's still working on the script, and he reveals that an Oscar-winning actor is on board (though he won't say who). "I continue writing pages here and there. I have a guy waiting in the sidelines, an Academy Award-winning actor. Every three weeks he's on the phone going, 'Todd, where's the script? Todd, where's the script?' I can't say who it is. You could [narrow it down].

"He came out to the office. He gave me his pitch, and I gave him mine," he added. "The pitch I gave was that we could do ten of these for the next ten years and he wouldn't have to be 22 for the rest of his life." Additionally, McFarlane stated that a new Spawn animated series is in the works, saying that they're now able to do things that weren't able to be done on the HBO series which ran 1997-1999. "We have 90 minutes all set and ready to go, other than sending it to an animation house. We've done all the voice recordings, we've done all the backgrounds, so the technology is way better than it was a decade ago; there are some spectacular things we can do now that we weren't able to when we were on HBO."

I have no interest in a new Spawn movie. But I always wanted the cartoon to come back.

McFarlane has been promising this for many years now.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I know that Keith David (voice of Al/Spawn) said he'd come back.

The HBO show was great.
Report to moderator   Logged

"What is the perfect physique?"
Gregzs
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2014, 12:07:01 AM »

https://www.nerdist.com/2014/02/amc-teams-with-seth-rogen-evan-goldberg-on-preacher/

AMC Teams with Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg on PREACHER

We’ve all been wrestling with emptiness following the Breaking Bad finale, and with Mad Men entering a split final season, it was easy to slip into dark thoughts like, “This is The End.” Cue irony: AMC confirms it’s teaming with This is The End duo Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg to adapt Vertigo’s 1990s comic book series Preacher. The dream team doesn’t stop there: Breaking Bad‘s Sam Catlin is on board to executive produce and serve as showrunner. Buzz surrounding the project has been percolating for months, including a report right here at Nerdist in November.

Preacher follows bad-ass Texas clergyman Jesse, his girlfriend Tulip O’Hare, and hard-drinking Irish vampire Cassidy as they track down God to hold him accountable for abandoning his duties in heaven. It’s been a long road for Preacher, which has been through numerous reincarnations: as a film with Sam Mendes attached to direct; as an earlier film from Kevin Smith and starring James Marsden; and as a TV show for HBO (the network ultimately passed).

Preacher joins Vince Gilligan’s Breaking Bad spinoff, Better Call Saul, and a Robert Kirkman Walking Dead spinoff on AMC’s drama slate.

Gregzs
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 12:03:00 AM »

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40440

First Look At TV's New Constantine
Matt Ryan prepares to blaze hell

As previously announced, Matt Ryan has the lead as the titular blue-collar mage in NBC's new Constantine TV series. Now, here's our first look at him in costume, and it's a get-up that should be pleasingly familiar to anyone au-fait with the DC/Vertigo Hellblazer (and Swamp Thing) comics in which the character originally lurked.

Trenchcoat, tie, white shirt, blonde hair: it's practically a uniform, and damn close to the images (based on Sting, of all people) drawn by the likes of Rick Veitch, Steve Dillon, Glenn Fabry, Tim Bradstreet et al. The one thing that's missing is a cigarette, but there does seem to be some wispy smoke swirling around him from somewhere. As a notoriously duplicitous cove, maybe his pants are on fire.

Ryan, who has prior credits in Torchwood and The Tudors, is a Welshman rather than a Scouser, but while we can't yet hear his Constantine, we'd say he's looking promising. He's certainly closer to source than the Keanu Reeves version from 2005.

Looking to find another success to sit alongside Smallville, Arrow and, they hope, Gotham, DC and Warner Bros. put DC go-to comics adapter David S. Goyer and showrunner Daniel Cerone to work on the pilot script. Empire's pal Neil Marshall - currently making something of a new name for himself in television following Game Of Thrones and Black Sails - is directing, and the signs are good that Constantine will develop beyond the pilot stage into a full series. Shooting is underway right now.
funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 08:35:29 AM »

Grin

* kona comics.jpg (185.9 KB, 975x1380 - viewed 14 times.)

* TurokSonOfStone_027-a.jpg (107.21 KB, 400x559 - viewed 14 times.)

* The_Bodymen_Front_Cover.JPG (82.06 KB, 548x850 - viewed 14 times.)
Gregzs
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 06:10:13 PM »

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/04/syfy-bringing-millers-ronin-and-soules-letter-44-to-tv/

Syfy Bringing Miller’s RONIN and Soule’s LETTER 44 to TV

Syfy is really flexing its muscles in picking up original programming for next year. Their latest acquisitions: Ronin based on the Frank Miller miniseries for DC, and Charles Soule’s ongoing science fiction drama Letter 44 from publisher Oni Press.

Ronin, which sees a masterless samurai reborn in a dystopian 21st while in pursuit of Agat, a powerful demon, is being adapted as a miniseries, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Famously, a big screen version of Ronin has been languishing in development hell after Darren Aronofsky (Noah, The Fountain) attempted to tackle the source material (making him 0 for 3 in his attempts to get a comic book movie made, following failed attempts at Batman and Wolverine). Later, Genndy Tartakovsky would use Ronin as the inspiration for the animated Samurai Jack, which ran for four seasons on Cartoon Network and was so, so good.

Currently, no talent has been associated with the project, nor do we know how many episodes the miniseries will be.

Letter 44, meanwhile, could be a little more open-ended. Writer Charles Soule’s series splits its action between Earth and the stars, when new president/badass name-haver Stephen Blades learns from his predecessor that seven years prior, a mission was dispatched to investigate alien construction in a nearby asteroid belt. Meanwhile, the crew of the space shuttle Clark are about to discover something that could lead to war between Earth and E.T.’s.

Terminator 3 and U-571 writer-director Jonathon Mostow will be writing and producing the pilot.

Soule also writes Swamp Thing and a handful of titles at both DC and Marvel, and will be tackling the “Death of Wolverine” event later this year.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!