Author Topic: Liberals are for " science ". - yeah ok. Whatever.  (Read 2811 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Liberals are for " science ". - yeah ok. Whatever.
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:35:18 PM »
Judge's blistering rebuke of two federal scientists stokes fires under Obama administration
Contra Costa Times ^ | 9/23/11 | Mike Taugher
Posted on September 23, 2011 9:34:55 PM EDT by SmithL

With a House Republican loading political ammunition in a national fight over government science, Interior Department officials said Friday they would stand by the work of two scientists whose integrity was attacked recently by a federal judge overseeing the Delta water wars.

U.S. District Judge Oliver Wanger, in a lengthy and strongly worded assault Sept. 16, said the two scientists deliberately misled him when they urged him not to weaken new rules meant to help imperiled Delta smelt in wet years like this one.

He called one scientist, Jennifer Norris of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, a "zealot" who is unwilling to change her opinion even in the face of changing facts and said she and Fred Feyrer of the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation had acted in bad faith.

He was critical because he said a fish and water issue originally presented as a lost opportunity came back in a new hearing as an extinction issue.

"The only inference that the court can draw is that it is an attempt to mislead and to deceive the court into accepting what is not only not the best available science, it's not science. There is speculation," according to a preliminary transcript of his comments.

The comments, made just weeks before Wanger is scheduled to retire from the bench to return to private law practice, have led to at least one call for congressional hearings and could provide ammunition to opponents of the Obama administration's environmental policies.

(Excerpt) Read more at contracostatimes.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Liberals are for " science ". - yeah ok. Whatever.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 08:01:52 AM »
Bump for fagbear

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 11:10:07 AM »

Weird science: EPA Inspector General calls greenhouse-gas regulatory process flawed
Published: 9:54 AM 09/28/2011 | Updated: 12:01 PM 09/28/2011
 By Caroline May - The Daily Caller
Bio | Archive | Email Caroline May  Follow Caroline May

In response to a report that could lead to questions about the credibility of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) , Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Inhofe, ranking member of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, is calling for hearings to investigate. The report — from the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) of the EPA — reveals that the scientific basis, on which the administration’s endangerment finding for greenhouse gases hinged, violated the EPA’s own peer review procedure.

In a report released Wednesday (at Sen. Inhofe’s request, dating back to April) the inspector general found that the EPA failed to follow the Data Quality Act and its own peer review process when it issued the determination that greenhouse gases cause harm to “pubic health and welfare.”

“I appreciate the inspector general conducting a thorough investigation into the Obama-EPA’s handling of the endangerment finding for greenhouse gases,” Inhofe said. “This report confirms that the endangerment finding, the very foundation of President Obama’s job-destroying regulatory agenda, was rushed, biased, and flawed. It calls the scientific integrity of EPA’s decision-making process into question and undermines the credibility of the endangerment finding.”

Inhofe lambasted the EPA for its failure to adhere to its own rules, outsourcing the science to the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change — and refusing to conduct its own analysis of the science — in the period leading up to its final endangerment finding.

“The endangerment finding is no small matter: Global warming regulations imposed by the Obama-EPA under the Clean Air Act will cost American consumers $300 to $400 billion a year, significantly raise energy prices, and destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs. This is not to mention the ‘absurd result’ that EPA will need to hire 230,000 additional employees and spend an additional $21 billion to implement its [green house gas] regime. And all of this economic pain is for nothing: As EPA Administrator [Lisa] Jackson also admitted before the Environmental and Public Works] committee, these regulations will have no affect on the climate.”

According to Inhofe, Jackson has failed in her 2009 vow to commit the Agency to high transparency standards. The senator will instruct the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works to hold hearings to investigate the EPA’s failings.

“Given what has come to light in this report, it appears that Obama-EPA cannot be trusted on the most consequential decision the agency has ever made,” Inhofe added.“I am calling for the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, the committee of jurisdiction over the EPA, to hold immediate hearings to address EPA’s failure to provide the required documentation and have the science impartially reviewed. EPA needs to explain to the American people why it blatantly circumvented its own procedures to make what appears to be a predetermined endangerment finding.”

The inspector general’s full report can be viewed here here.

Follow Caroline on Twitter

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/28/weird-science-epas-own-inspector-general-calls-green-house-gas-science-flawed/#ixzz1ZGvDmcnP

WOW!!!!   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 12:52:53 PM »
EPA inspector general faults climate document peer review
By Ben Geman - 09/28/11 12:22 PM ET
www.thehill.com

The Environmental Protection Agency’s inspector general has concluded that the agency did not meet all White House peer review guidelines for a key document on climate science that supported EPA’s conclusion that greenhouse gases threaten human welfare.

The IG report — requested by Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), who says global warming is a hoax — explores how EPA vetted the so-called technical support document (TSD) for its 2009 “endangerment finding” on greenhouse gases.

The endangerment finding provides the legal underpinning for climate-change regulations.

Inspector General Arthur A. Elkins Jr. said in a statement Wednesday that the technical support document should have undergone a “more rigorous” peer review. The report also finds that EPA should improve its procedures for vetting outside scientific data.

The IG's opinion disputes both the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and EPA. Calling it a “highly influential scientific assessment” under OMB’s peer-review guidelines, Elkins said EPA’s review didn’t meet the standards for such a consequential document.

The report states:

EPA had the TSD reviewed by a panel of 12 federal climate change scientists. However, the panel’s findings and EPA’s disposition of the findings were not made available to the public as would be required for reviews of highly influential scientific assessments. Also, this panel did not fully meet the independence requirements for reviews of highly influential scientific assessments because one of the panelists was an EPA employee.

While many EPA critics will likely pounce on the report, it finds that EPA met its statutory requirements for the endangerment finding and “generally followed” requirements for ensuring the quality of the supporting documents.

The IG report is not an evaluation of the underlying science that informed EPA’s endangerment finding.

“We did not test the validity of the scientific or technical information used by EPA to support its endangerment finding, nor did we evaluate the merit of the conclusions or analyses presented in EPA’s endangerment finding,” the report notes.

Both EPA and OMB both differ with the report's main conclusion about the TSD. EPA argued that the document was a not itself a scientific assessment but instead a document that straightforwardly summarized the work of the National Research Council, the U.S. Global Change Research Program and the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

“EPA responded that the TSD does not meet the OMB definition of a scientific assessment in that no weighing of information, data, and studies occurred in the TSD. EPA maintained that this process had already occurred in the underlying assessments, where the scientific synthesis occurred and where the state of the science was assessed,” the report notes.

The IG disagreed, saying the document's analysis qualified it for more rigorous review.

“In our opinion, the TSD met the definition of a scientific assessment in that it evaluated a body of scientific knowledge and synthesized multiple factual inputs,” the report states, adding that the document also included other information, such as statements from federal officials about the national security consequences of climate change.

Inhofe, the top Republican on the Environment and Public Works Committee, said the report nonetheless “calls the scientific integrity of EPA’s decision-making process into question and undermines the credibility of the endangerment finding.”

“I am calling for the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, the committee of jurisdiction over the EPA, to hold immediate hearings to address EPA’s failure to provide the required documentation and have the science impartially reviewed,” he said in a statement Wednesday.

Elkins, in his statement, does not wade into what effect the alleged flaws in reviewing the document might have had on the endangerment finding.

"While it may be debatable what impact, if any, this had on EPA’s finding, it is clear that EPA did not follow all required steps for a highly influential scientific assessment," he said.

EPA's remarks on a draft version of the report, which are attached to the IG findings, note that it's about procedural issues and does not undercut the endangerment finding.

“All of the science used to support the endangerment finding is from peer-reviewed scientific assessments," EPA officials note.

“Although the draft report states that the OIG did not assess the quality of the scientific information and data EPA used to support the endangerment finding, we remain concerned about the potential for this report to mislead readers about the scientific content underlying EPA’s greenhouse gas endangerment finding,” EPA’s comments on the draft report state.

Inhofe had asked the IG to review whether EPA properly implemented the Data Quality Act, a very brief statute that was buried in a 2000 appropriations bill.

It says federal agencies must ensure the integrity of data they disseminate and allow outside parties to submit petitions for corrections.

—This post was updated at 12:32 p.m. and 1:08 p.m.

WHERE YOU TA - BLACKENED STRAW KC AND THE REST OF YOU GREEN BITCHES?   

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:13:36 PM »
Yawn.  The issue is the EPA didn't follow protocol.  Not that the science behind this is faulty or incorrect. 

;)
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 01:19:57 PM »
Yawn.  The issue is the EPA didn't follow protocol.  Not that the science behind this is faulty or incorrect. 

;)

ddduuuhhhh - had they followed the proper peer review - thier bogus nonsense would never see the light of day. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »
ddduuuhhhh - had they followed the proper peer review - thier bogus nonsense would never see the light of day. 

Hahaha sure buddy.  Keep telling yourself you know more than 99% of climate scientists. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 01:51:11 PM »
Hahaha sure buddy.  Keep telling yourself you know more than 99% of climate scientists. 

99% of so called 'climate scientists" do not buy into the sky is falling crap from you green communists.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 02:13:59 PM »
99% of so called 'climate scientists" do not buy into the sky is falling crap from you green communists.   

Haha fool! you are a fool.  I always wondered what it would be like to be around people who believed the world was flat despite evidence to the contrary. 

Now i know!  :D
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 02:20:16 PM »
Haha fool! you are a fool.  I always wondered what it would be like to be around people who believed the world was flat despite evidence to the contrary. 

Now i know!  :D

So tell me genius - just what exactly does the so called "science" say? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 02:50:24 PM »
So tell me genius - just what exactly does the so called "science" say? 

so called "science" haha better watch out everyone the world is flat! Can't trust so called "science".

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »
so called "science" haha better watch out everyone the world is flat! Can't trust so called "science".

No - tell me the science that you claim 99% of scientists agree in. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 02:57:09 PM »

Your bias would prevent you from understanding what climate scientists have been saying for years.  If you are so interested in knowing, read a report produced by a climate scientist, or better yet, find someone who is an expert and ask them.  You can find them at many north American universities. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 02:58:15 PM »
Your bias would prevent you from understanding what climate scientists have been saying for years.  If you are so interested in knowing, read a report produced by a climate scientist, or better yet, find someone who is an expert and ask them.  You can find them at many north American universities. 

If its 99% agreed upon - you should have no problem concning me or anyone else.  Post it. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »
If its 99% agreed upon - you should have no problem concning me or anyone else.  Post it. 

Haha! Your bias knows no bounds 333.  If you want information find it yourself.  Like i said you have plenty of ways of finding evidence if you would like to.  By sitting here asking for it, you are showing you don't really want to evidence as your mind is already made up.  Something proven over and over again in many threads on this topic. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »
Haha! Your bias knows no bounds 333.  If you want information find it yourself.  Like i said you have plenty of ways of finding evidence if you would like to.  By sitting here asking for it, you are showing you don't really want to evidence as your mind is already made up.  Something proven over and over again in many threads on this topic. 

Go ahead - bump those threads to where 99% of climate scientists agree on something. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 03:13:50 PM »
Go ahead - bump those threads to where 99% of climate scientists agree on something. 

I'm not pathologically obsessed enough to care about your view point or trying to change it.  I know climate scientists believe in the work they are doing, i know you don't and i know that makes you an idiot.  I may not know everything, but those are things i do know.  ;)
Abandon every hope...

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 08:37:08 AM »

Did you say science stooge?   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 08:40:18 AM »
FAIL.   Already debunked numerous times.   

Again - if the science on AWG is so solid that 99% of so called scientists agree with it - why the need to cut corners, lie in Federal court, etc? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
Abandon every hope...