Author Topic: How do people respond to your muscularity?  (Read 25469 times)

Your Average GymRat

Re: How do people respond to your muscularity?
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2011, 04:25:58 PM »
In short, women want to fuck me, men want to be me.

and then when I open my mouth and they realize i'm a highly intelligent, wise person with solid morals, and i'm a standup guy...either they think I'm the greatest thing that ever happened....or they HATE me....because i guess it's not fair that i have the body, looks..and BRAINS too..oh well, comes with the territory

what i call myself is "walking guilt".....Because no matter what the situation, when I am around... people inevitably start talking about 'getting back into it"...."i've be eating really well"...because they see you and they realize how bad they look in contrast.

It does get old......but the truth is looking the way i do sets me apart from the crowd and is an instant conversation starter in any social setting...and it's up to me to use it to my advantage.... I'm not ashamed to say i do

I've seen the pictures and I'm definitely not impressed. The comments about intelligence and morals are innaccurate as well.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »
LOL

You guys are either trolling or so full of yourself it makes me sick :D

People are NOT impressed with muscles. They go like "oh, you look good" when you're athletic, girls may go like "wow, nice arms" but that's it. They don't think about it for more than 10 seconds. It's not something they look up to or seek. Nowadays it's all about power, money and intelligence. And by intelligence I mean something you proved, not just being fucking smartass in conversation, every moron can do that. I get more attention for wearing my department's t-shirt than for my fucking muscles. AND if you're too big most of that attention is negative. And it's not them being envious, morons. They truly feel disgusted by 48cm arms on 175cm tall guy.

Don't fool yourself.

tlc

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
I only started using at the beginning of June, so I've had quite a few people who haven't seen me for a while just casually walk up and fucking grope me in amazement. I know I should be flattered but I just find it bloody rude. I'm usually tempted to grab myself a handful of their tits in return, but I don't. Next bloke who does it to me though is going to have his balls crushed to paste. Grip strength, baby,  8)

People I don't know I don't give a damn what they think, so apart from the odd obvious stare of lust/jealousy I don't really notice.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2011, 04:57:31 PM »
LOL

People are NOT impressed with muscles. They go like "oh, you look good" when you're athletic, girls may go like "wow, nice arms" but that's it. They don't think about it for more than 10 seconds. It's not something they look up to or seek. Nowadays it's all about power, money and intelligence. And by intelligence I mean something you proved, not just being fucking smartass in conversation, every moron can do that. I get more attention for wearing my department's t-shirt than for my fucking muscles. AND if you're too big most of that attention is negative. And it's not them being envious, morons. They truly feel disgusted by 48cm arms on 175cm tall guy.

Don't fool yourself.

seems like the muscle gods are causing you a bit of distress

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2011, 04:59:18 PM »
I've seen the pictures and I'm definitely not impressed. The comments about intelligence and morals are innaccurate as well.

yes, but who gives a fuck what you think.  :)

thankfully, in real life,,,assholes like you don't exist...because you only have the balls to say the things you do virtually  ;)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2011, 05:00:26 PM »
LOL

People are NOT impressed with muscles. They go like "oh, you look good" when you're athletic, girls may go like "wow, nice arms" but that's it. They don't think about it for more than 10 seconds. It's not something they look up to or seek. Nowadays it's all about power, money and intelligence. And by intelligence I mean something you proved,

It's biological reaction, people can't control it. When you see a bitch that's so perfect your eyes hurt - you continue chekin' ger ass/legs/boobs out for as long as she's on your sight (unless you are homo). Can you control that? The REACTION? It's there. So it is with a male body, and while a young female can have a perfect body even without doing a single sit-up, a male very very rarely will have somtehing similar going on without at least some work. It's "bigger then life" effect at work at the same time, something that is rare and unexpected. I've had a girl in a clothing shop going from a sleepy "Yeah..this jacket maybe..ir that one.." mode to a "What do you do? blah blah..derp derp.." all flirty and happy after I took of my jacket to try out another. Cars, accomplishments, business, they may impress people once they get to know you, but that will be something different. Someone with a nice car may be treated with a big respect in a poor country, while the same person would be just "another joe" in Arab Emyrates.. That does not happen with physique. Rich country, poor country, people still REACT, it's in their nature. Be it disgust, awe, jealousy.. thers's a reaction.

And yes - we, bodybuilders are very FULL of ourselves, if you are one you should know this. You may not admit this, but if you are a bodybuilder as in state of mind - you are full of yourself. PERIOD.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2011, 05:04:33 PM »
Also I find being bigger than average is a good way to get known in the work place. As long as you do not come across a dickhead you will be grand!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2011, 05:08:17 PM »

It's biological reaction, people can't control it. When you see a bitch that's so perfect your eyes hurt - you continue chekin' ger ass/legs/boobs out for as long as she's on your sight (unless you are homo). Can you control that? The REACTION? It's there. So it is with a male body, and while a young female can have a perfect body even without doing a single sit-up, a male very very rarely will have somtehing similar going on without at least some work. It's "bigger then life" effect at work at the same time, something that is rare and unexpected. I've had a girl in a clothing shop going from a sleepy "Yeah..this jacket maybe..ir that one.." mode to a "What do you do? blah blah..derp derp.." all flirty and happy after I took of my jacket to try out another. Cars, accomplishments, business, they may impress people once they get to know you, but that will be something different. Someone with a nice car may be treated with a big respect in a poor country, while the same person would be just "another joe" in Arab Emyrates.. That does not happen with physique. Rich country, poor country, people still REACT, it's in their nature. Be it disgust, awe, jealousy.. thers's a reaction.

And yes - we, bodybuilders are very FULL of ourselves, if you are one you should know this. You may not admit this, but if you are a bodybuilder as in state of mind - you are full of yourself. PERIOD.

Excellent post

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2011, 05:10:54 PM »

Well you're wrong becouse females perceive male in different way than male perceive females. Females tend to focus less on physical beauty and more on your personality. And honestly, even men vary when it comes to their preference. For example for some of you bikini/figure girls are awesome whereas for me they're honestly disgusting. Same goes for women, some like athletic guys, some prefer muscle gods, some love skinny or even anorectic guys. Last group seems to be the largest since nowadays most attractive (at least to me) girls hang around with anorectic/skinny guys wearing jeans too tight for most girls.

Usually tho my "Johny Deppish" skinnyfat friend gets most attention from girls. When we start talking I get serious advantage becouse of my eloquence. Maybe it's cultular difference between USA and Poland, I don't know.

Swlabr

« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »
deceiver, are you a professor of mathematics...?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2011, 05:13:03 PM »
deceiver, are you a professor of mathematics...?

not yet, unfortunatelly

Honestly I hang around with bodybuilders of various height and size and they can't match my skinnyfat friend. He's like a fucking magnet. Also bodybuilders I know tend to create relationships only with fellow fitness/figure competitors.

Swlabr

« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2011, 05:14:45 PM »
Researcher?

That's what I want to do. 8)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2011, 05:17:52 PM »
Researcher?

That's what I want to do. 8)

Still studying, 4th year of theoretical computer science. I wanna do research eventually but I think I need to get some real work first to get money. Research is much more interesting tho but when you focus just on research you have to accept being poor.

I have still 2 years to decide wether I wanna do phd or fuck it and find some real job.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »
LOL

Don't fool yourself.

says you......I get compliments, and strangers strike up conversations out of the  blue with me...always about my build. and they are always respectful....except for black women, too fucking grabby.

I'm not "full of myself"....I'm not lying, this is the way it is for me....you can call me an asshole, an egomaniac...whatever.... it is what it is....people like the way i look

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »
Well you're wrong becouse females perceive male in different way than male perceive females. Females tend to focus less on physical beauty and more on your personality. And honestly, even men vary when it comes to their preference. For example for some of you bikini/figure girls are awesome whereas for me they're honestly disgusting. Same goes for women, some like athletic guys, some prefer muscle gods, some love skinny or even anorectic guys. Last group seems to be the largest since nowadays most attractive (at least to me) girls hang around with anorectic/skinny guys wearing jeans too tight for most girls.

Usually tho my "Johny Deppish" skinnyfat friend gets most attention from girls. When we start talking I get serious advantage becouse of my eloquence. Maybe it's cultular difference between USA and Poland, I don't know.

I'm not from Poland, just to be precise, anyway - regardless of what a certain female prefers - there's an "encounter - subconscious evaluation - reaction" process going on in. If you are jacked - you will be noticed, doesn't matter what enviroment. In some - people on purpose act like they haven't noticed (but they will start referring if the chance arrives), in some - they will openly praise you, it depends.. But overall - physical fitness (even if it's overexhaggarated, as it usualy is n bodybuilding) is an universal "value". Ancient artists created "perfect body" sculptures for a reason. It projects certain acrhetypes.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »
says you......I get compliments, and strangers strike up conversations out of the  blue with me...always about my build. and they are always respectful....except for black women, too fucking grabby.

I'm not "full of myself"....I'm not lying, this is the way it is for me....you can call me an asshole, an egomaniac...whatever.... it is what it is....people like the way i look

I think it's cultular difference then coz all bodybuilders here get is hate honestly. When you're slightly toned it's ok, anything more than that equals hate and negative comments.

Da Vinci for someone who seems to be interested in art you know little about what was meant by ideal male/female body throghout the ages. Just take a look at women painted by Rubens and compare them to say, Aphrodite of Cnidus. There's no universal definition of perfect body, it depends on culture and era.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2011, 05:31:02 PM »
I think it's cultular difference then coz all bodybuilders here get is hate honestly. When you're slightly toned it's ok, anything more than that equals hate and negative comments.

Da Vinci for someone who seems to be interested in art you know little about what was meant by ideal male/female body throghout the ages. Just take a look at women painted by Rubens and compare them to say, Aphrodite of Cnidus. There's no universal definition of perfect body, it depends on culture and era.

Not sure about US, but in western Europe for ex. - physical fitness is admired very much. People will compliment you openly and say various kinds of nice things. Well at least from my experience.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2011, 05:34:56 PM »
Not sure about US, but in western Europe for ex. - physical fitness is admired very much. People will compliment you openly and say various kinds of nice things. Well at least from my experience.

Well honestly, most admired guy at my Uni is my professor. He's professor of computer science, cool, funny guy wearing shades and drinking with students. He's got some morals apparently but I am pretty fucking sure he could get laid every night with different female student who's totally obsessed about him.

Combination of being cool, smart and succesful seems most important, at least in my community.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2011, 05:35:08 PM »
There's no universal definition of perfect body, it depends on culture and era.

lol coming from a guy who says "people are NOT impressed with muscles."

Wolfsanglerune

• Getbig II
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2011, 05:35:38 PM »
IMO...physical culture itself is on the decline.unfortunatley.in America we have enormous gap between those watch and and those that do.millions of people fat sedentary adults watching and rooting for sports teams who are legions beyond them in just everyday fitness.people absorbed in mmog and console games getting weaker and fatter.this whole generation is losing the connection with there bodies.the proof is all around us.the "twlight"and other media trendiness has made skinny feminine men the fad.if you have muscles at all its odd in this fucked up time...

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2011, 05:37:04 PM »
Well honestly, most admired guy at my Uni is my professor. He's professor of computer science, cool, funny guy wearing shades and drinking with students. He's got some morals apparently but I am pretty fucking sure he could get laid every night with different female student who's totally obsessed about him.

Combination of being cool, smart and succesful seems most important, at least in my community.

I'm sure he could get some guys blow him off too, but we are talking about a reaction/response to a sheer fact someone is above average muscular (or so I think).

Swlabr

« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »
I was the biggest guy at my high school, and the younger kids would always call me "ripped guy" whenever they saw me. My classmates just got jealous with their "Oh, you think you're better than we are because you're big" et cetera et cetera.

I just take it as compliments. 8)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2011, 05:43:55 PM »
I'm sure he could get some guys blow him off too, but we are talking about a reaction/response to a sheer fact someone is above average muscular (or so I think).

And I told you, it's usually negative.

Even my ex gf told me I'm getting too big for her. Oh, and she didn't like visible abs either. She hated when I was 18% bf with gut so I figured that after I get down to like 10-12% she would be impressed. Nope, she liked flat stomach with no visible muscles. Soccer type body is what her and what most of her friends admired. We talked many times about this :P

And at the end she still was with me and we didn't break up becouse of that so I guess it was just preference, nothing serious to her.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2011, 05:44:15 PM »

he s just preying on younger people using his maturity and experience to lure unexperimented teens. Typical behavior of a loser who cant fit with people his age or older.

Swlabr

« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2011, 05:46:14 PM »
::)