Author Topic: Forearm machine  (Read 15907 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Forearm machine
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2011, 10:41:59 PM »
;) ;)

I dont know, seems like all those powerlifting movements are a waste of time. You either have big and strong forearms or you don't. I mean, if you havent developed big looking forearms from all the years of basic lifting, doing towel pulls probably wont help much.  :-\ :-\
You do realize the bber posted are puny in comparison to the strongmen posted right? Side by side their forearms are probably the same size, the fact that bbers are 5'6" tall and strongmen are 6'5" tall plays a huge role. Even then, I'd rather be strong and functional than ripped and unathletic.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2011, 10:52:45 PM »

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2011, 10:52:52 PM »
so a 5'6" guy has forearms as big as a 6'5" guy and we're supposed to train like the 6'5" guy???

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2011, 10:55:51 PM »
;) ;)

I dont know, seems like all those powerlifting movements are a waste of time. You either have big and strong forearms or you don't. I mean, if you havent developed big looking forearms from all the years of basic lifting, doing towel pulls probably wont help much.  :-\ :-\

Powerlifting = squat, bench, deadlift. Learn your fucking strength sports son.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2011, 11:16:20 PM »
the gym i go to has one. i use it on occasion. that is alot of weight the guy in the vid is using
irongearco.com

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2011, 08:34:59 AM »
You do realize the bber posted are puny in comparison to the strongmen posted right? Side by side their forearms are probably the same size, the fact that bbers are 5'6" tall and strongmen are 6'5" tall plays a huge role. Even then, I'd rather be strong and functional than ripped and unathletic.

But your neither :D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2011, 08:42:10 AM »
This device was invented by Vince Basile precisely after he invented the forearm itself.

Hahaha - but when did he find the time to invent white vans to gather "workput partners"?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2011, 08:47:46 AM »

But your neither :D
"You're"......stubby.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2011, 09:06:25 AM »

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »
But bodybuilders have bigger forearms than those powerlifters who do all the exercises you have suggested  :-\ :-\

Bahaha Id be surprised if a 5'7" 250lb bodybuilder had bigger anything than a 6'4" 330lb+ powerlifter or strongman. Some of those guys have more solid muscle in their necks alone than guys like Phil Heath have in their entire body, they are HUGE dont get confused by seeing proportionately differences in pictures. Poundstone as many others would make the current Mr. O look very puny and weak.

dave gulledge, cut down from 320lbs to 270 ripped. Huge mofo.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2011, 01:04:04 PM »

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2011, 01:05:11 PM »

tbombz finally upping the dose?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
Which one will have the longer lifespan, or is it about equal?

I remember talking to some strongman/PL (more PL than strongman) one time and he told what he ate--my arteries started clogging up just listening to him.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2011, 01:36:17 PM »
My old gym had one I actually liked it too.
L

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2011, 05:06:03 PM »

I remember talking to some strongman/PL (more PL than strongman) one time and he told what he ate--my arteries started clogging up just listening to him.
I don't know, alot of those 70's/80's strongmen are still around aren't they?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2011, 05:11:52 PM »
I have one of those Wide "V" angled bars that you can put weight on and do wrist curls.
Works real well---my brother has it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »
Powerlifting = squat, bench, deadlift. Learn your fucking strength sports son.

Sorry, I bow down to the ultimate schmoeness, which is you!  :D :D
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2011, 05:22:09 PM »
Bahaha Id be surprised if a 5'7" 250lb bodybuilder had bigger anything than a 6'4" 330lb+ powerlifter or strongman. Some of those guys have more solid muscle in their necks alone than guys like Phil Heath have in their entire body, they are HUGE dont get confused by seeing proportionately differences in pictures. Poundstone as many others would make the current Mr. O look very puny and weak.

dave gulledge, cut down from 320lbs to 270 ripped. Huge mofo.

I dont know many powerlifter or strongmen with forearms this size  ::)

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2011, 05:24:31 PM »

Perhaps height does play a huge role. But in overall size, there are certain bodybuilders who are on par, if not have bigger forearms than most powerlifters.
X

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2011, 05:28:53 PM »
does HIT help get fivearms?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
Perhaps height does play a huge role. But in overall size, there are certain bodybuilders who are on par, if not have bigger forearms than most powerlifters.
It's cool though, cause most powerlifters/strongmen can rest their beer on top of the bodybuilders head while the bodybuilder sips his water. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2011, 05:47:43 PM »
It's cool though, cause most powerlifters/strongmen can rest their beer on top of the bodybuilders head while the bodybuilder sips his water. :)

:o :o :o ;) ;)
X

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »

Olympic lifters probably have longest lifespans of the barbell based strength sports just bouncing the idea around in my mind, perhaps because they are more of a weight class strength sport.

Offhand, I can think of 5 notable Strongmen that have passed in the last 20 years- John Perry(complications from Rec. drugs, heart attack I believe), Murunde, O.D. Wilson, Grizzley Brown, and Sigmarsson. Wilson and Brown were Powerlifters first and for the most part.

Powerlifters tend to be ok, after there careers are over. A decent amount have died over the years, but they tend to be the SHW's that never dropped the weight after their career was over and stopped training.

Here's a very famous forearm on the powerlifting scene-

Many strongmen tend to have forearms in the 16-17" range, fromwhat I've seen over the years.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »
Olympic lifters probably have longest lifespans of the barbell based strength sports just bouncing the idea around in my mind, perhaps because they are more of a weight class strength sport.

Offhand, I can think of 5 notable Strongmen that have passed in the last 20 years- John Perry(complications from Rec. drugs, heart attack I believe), Murunde, O.D. Wilson, Grizzley Brown, and Sigmarsson. Wilson and Brown were Powerlifters first and for the most part.

Powerlifters tend to be ok, after there careers are over. A decent amount have died over the years, but they tend to be the SHW's that never dropped the weight after their career was over and stopped training.

Here's a very famous forearm on the powerlifting scene-

Many strongmen tend to have forearms in the 16-17" range, fromwhat I've seen over the years.

I remember that Grizzley Brown used to be in the Guinness Book of World Records. There was a big write up of him in Musclemag when he died, they had a pic of him leg pressing 3000 pounds.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »
This device was invented by Vince Basile precisely after he invented the forearm itself.

. . . The world's best forearm.

THE BEEF