Author Topic: Is it GOD or just luck?  (Read 11829 times)

Nirvana

• Getbig V
Re: Is it GOD or just luck?
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 01:58:04 PM »
he must be one of the elfs.  or do you mean the other god?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 01:59:22 PM »
Most of you guys miss the point.  It is not just a cell phone or tech gadgets, but just a guy that has a lot of positive things happen to him while others don't.  I gave some examples.

He definitely is a positive dude, doesn't talk shit about anyone and keeps low key.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »
MOS, just pure luck. No other explanation is needed. However, lets hypothetically assume that God is responsible for this man getting all this cool shit. This would make me draw 2 conclusions:

1) God is wasting his time on petty bullshit. Instead of curing world hunger and violence, God is wasting his time getting some guy a laptop. Doesn't sound like God is utilizing his time to efficiently. Thus, God is pretty bad at putting his priorities in order.

2) God would have had to ignore all the other important prayers from other people, i.e., parents praying that their 4 year old doesn't die of cancer. Although this guy might not have prayed for his laptop, God is choosing to put some pretty cool shit in front of this guy while the 4 year old dies of cancer.

My conclusion: Even if it was the work of God, would you really want to worship something so incompetent?  :-\ :-\
X

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 08:11:59 PM »
There will come a day when "every knee shall bow" ~ science will have nothing to do with it.

Hope folks get that straight at some point in their lives.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »
There will come a day when "every knee shall bow" ~ science will have nothing to do with it.

Hope folks get that straight at some point in their lives.

Get straight with what? :-\ :-\
X

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 08:23:16 PM »
MOS, just pure luck. No other explanation is needed. However, lets hypothetically assume that God is responsible for this man getting all this cool shit. This would make me draw 2 conclusions:

1) God is wasting his time on petty bullshit. Instead of curing world hunger and violence, God is wasting his time getting some guy a laptop. Doesn't sound like God is utilizing his time to efficiently. Thus, God is pretty bad at putting his priorities in order.

2) God would have had to ignore all the other important prayers from other people, i.e., parents praying that their 4 year old doesn't die of cancer. Although this guy might not have prayed for his laptop, God is choosing to put some pretty cool shit in front of this guy while the 4 year old dies of cancer.

My conclusion: Even if it was the work of God, would you really want to worship something so incompetent?  :-\ :-\

why would God help people who create their own suffering by giving birth to babies when they cant take care of them, and who dont even believe in his sayings? you re a retard, shut your mouth.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 08:27:10 PM »
why would God help people who create their own suffering by giving birth to babies when they cant take care of them, and who dont even believe in his sayings? you re a retard, shut your mouth.

no, my point was pretty valid  :D
X

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 08:35:48 PM »
I've studied the law of attraction a lot.. I think I've got over 50 books on the subject.. Its a proven science which speaks volumes since most things are just theories. But its recently has been discovered and researched. However, its been in the Bible since the beginning of time.

Its proven that praying has resolved problems including medical problems. Miracles do in fact happen. Does that mean god shined down and cured you? no. But it shows that whats inside the bible was centuries in front of modern psychology and science. How did God know about the power of the mind? How did he know that prayer and faith was so powerful when its been recently discovered to be true? Why did he tell people to do things and techniques that doctors are now doing? I find that interesting.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 08:44:39 PM »
I've studied the law of attraction a lot.. I think I've got over 50 books on the subject.. Its a proven science which speaks volumes since most things are just theories. But its recently has been discovered and researched. However, its been in the Bible since the beginning of time.

Its proven that praying has resolved problems including medical problems. Miracles do in fact happen. Does that mean god shined down and cured you? no. But it shows that whats inside the bible was centuries in front of modern psychology and science. How did God know about the power of the mind? How did he know that prayer and faith was so powerful when its been recently discovered to be true? Why did he tell people to do things and techniques that doctors are now doing? I find that interesting.

Prayer does not work. Please cite the evidence where these miracles have occurred. Documentation?

and no, it has not been proven that pray resolves problems, including medical ones. Where is this proven? Please point me to the resource.
X

Stavios

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Prayer does not work. Please cite the evidence where these miracles have occurred. Documentation?

and no, it has not been proven that pray resolves problems, including medical ones. Where is this proven? Please point me to the resource.

prayers work because I pray every night to wake up healthy and beautiful and every morning it happens

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 08:53:08 PM »
prayers work because I pray every night to wake up healthy and beautiful and every morning it happens

Pics or its not true  :o :o
X

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 09:56:02 PM »

prayer does work if you do it right. but you can only ask for help on improving your self. help forgiving yourself for a past wrong, help forgiving others, help to strengthen your will to do what is right, help to understand yourself and what you really want. asking for miracles or any other interferance in physical reality, material things, etc is not going to work. the point of life is spiritual growth and nothing else. pray for that, focus on it yourself, and you will recieved help.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, 12:22:11 AM »
I think God has better things to do then be concerned about someone's laptop or cell phone. Your co-worker is just lucky, that's all. Of course, someone put in the order for this equipment. Perhaps he has an in with someone in purchasing.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2011, 11:52:54 AM »
God is not affected by time and space like we are.  None of His time is "wasted" in favor of doing one thing over another.  Why does He allow some types of suffering when He is capable to change it? I don't know. But I believe someday we will know.  Sometimes we see the reason for suffering.  Sometimes we do not. At least not yet? Much of the the time we bring it upon ourselves.  And does God care about the little things? yes, i believe He does.  Do loving parents care about "little things" that affect their childrens lives? I think they do. And I believe God loves us even more than our earthly parents do..... Is mon of steeles co worker being blessed by God in these things?  I believe its possible.

Will move this thread to relig later

My conclusion: Even if it was the work of God, would you really want to worship something so incompetent?  :-\ :-\
R

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »
God is not affected by time and space like we are.  None of His time is "wasted" in favor of doing one thing over another.  Why does He allow some types of suffering when He is capable to change it? I don't know. But I believe someday we will know.  Sometimes we see the reason for suffering.  Sometimes we do not. At least not yet? Much of the the time we bring it upon ourselves.  And does God care about the little things? yes, i believe He does.  Do loving parents care about "little things" that affect their childrens lives? I think they do. And I believe God loves us even more than our earthly parents do..... Is mon of steeles co worker being blessed by God in these things?  I believe its possible.

Will move this thread to relig later

Which god are you talking about? Jahweh, Allah, Satan, the demiurg....? Does any Real God want to be worshipped? Does any real God favor some people over others? Why do people "believe"?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »
Which god are you talking about? Jahweh, Allah, Satan, the demiurg....? Does any Real God want to be worshipped? Does any real God favor some people over others? Why do people "believe"?

"which god are you talking about"

that question makes you look like a fool

god may or may not exist.  but if god exists then it doesnt matter what name you use when you pray or worship, you will be talking to god.

why do people believe? um.. where did everything come from and what caused everything to happen?  ;)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2011, 11:26:05 PM »
"which god are you talking about"

that question makes you look like a fool

god may or may not exist.  but if god exists then it doesnt matter what name you use when you pray or worship, you will be talking to god.

why do people believe? um.. where did everything come from and what caused everything to happen?  ;)

I'm the one who asks questions, you just take things for granted because you believe all the religious crap you read and what you've been told in church.

That makes you the fool, not me. Don't pretend that you're smart, because you're not. Hope this helps.  :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, 04:41:30 PM »
I'm the one who asks questions, you just take things for granted because you believe all the religious crap you read and what you've been told in church.

That makes you the fool, not me. Don't pretend that you're smart, because you're not. Hope this helps.  :)
dont believe in the bible and dont go to church ! sorry friend, your arrogance only works on those inferior to yourself..  ;)

now answer me, where did everything come from and what caused it all to happen ?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 06:03:05 PM »
now answer me, where did everything come from and what caused it all to happen ?

Nobody knows and neither do you. Don't even start.
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
Nobody knows and neither do you. Don't even start.
nobody knows. Truth. But what are the possible answers?

Hint : there is only one

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2011, 12:07:02 AM »

Don't give a "hint" if you are completely clueless about this subject. Just like a lot of people you walk around like a mindless zombie.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2011, 01:36:43 AM »

Brutal contradiction in your mind

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2011, 11:25:36 AM »
either there is no answer or....    ;)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas