Author Topic: BATTLEFIELD 3  (Read 4957 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: BATTLEFIELD 3
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »
Is the demo still on Xbox Live?   30 fps?
As far as I'm aware... yes.

I was playing it last night.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 10:33:22 PM »
Ive been playing the beta for the last few days. Couple points.

The tacticool light. Its like a bright ass bullseye. Does nothing to hinder accuracy or blind me or whatever the point of it is. But people still purposely try to shine it in your face. I thank them for doing this.

Glitchy' map. Its fun to camp under the map and pick people off. Not fun when youre crawling in a random area and you fall in to the sky.

The weapon layout. I liked bfbc2 version better. It gave you each weapons strengths and weakness. Also easier to navigate. The new layout is like what madden did with pre snap controls. Just complicated things and serves no purpose/advantage over the previous style.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 05:00:24 AM »
PC, just upgraded to a 2600k@4.5, 16gb ram, gtx 570@ 580 speeds and a 32" 1080p tv\monitor so Id be mad not to  8) Sweet case too  :P

May I ask how much that set you back?
from incomplete data

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
Ive been playing the beta for the last few days. Couple points.

The tacticool light. Its like a bright ass bullseye. Does nothing to hinder accuracy or blind me or whatever the point of it is. But people still purposely try to shine it in your face. I thank them for doing this.

Glitchy' map. Its fun to camp under the map and pick people off. Not fun when youre crawling in a random area and you fall in to the sky.

The weapon layout. I liked bfbc2 version better. It gave you each weapons strengths and weakness. Also easier to navigate. The new layout is like what madden did with pre snap controls. Just complicated things and serves no purpose/advantage over the previous style.

Couple more observations.

I'm running past raggedy bodies on the ground that look like wtc jumpers..and out of no where they mow me down.

The hit box is very similar to bfbc2. You fire rounds at an enemy, see the head/body getting pounded by the bullets yet still perfect health.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 11:19:26 PM »
Couple more observations.

I'm running past raggedy bodies on the ground that look like wtc jumpers..and out of no where they mow me down.

The hit box is very similar to bfbc2. You fire rounds at an enemy, see the head/body getting pounded by the bullets yet still perfect health.
great just great i hated that about bad company 2  ::)

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 11:43:43 PM »
I'm actually going against what I usually do and buying it for PS3.  I need to upgrade my 360, I have a launch console with the little 15gig HDD and it is FULL.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 03:16:03 AM »
Playing the full pc version online now and some single player also, awesome game so far  ;D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 10:57:23 PM »
Havent got around to buy it yet. Just bought a new laptop and am patently awaiting ES V.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 04:22:21 AM »
I've spent a solid 12 hours to get the game to work properly on my mediocre laptop. Now that all drivers etc are all up to speed, the game is still buggy as hell. I'm getting a lot of audio issues.. but at least the graphics work fine now. Still an awesome game but it needs to be patched asap.
from incomplete data

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 07:08:38 AM »
Got the game yesterday 3 days after release for 360 very cod like feel to it not sure were I stand with it yet the shottys are fun as hell

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 07:10:22 AM »
Anyone else playing this for 360 we should squad up sometime