Author Topic: Poop power!  (Read 1027 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Poop power!
« on: October 06, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
(Newser) – Calling it “clean” fuel would be a bit of a stretch: Japan’s top toilet maker has built a bike that runs on human excrement. TOTO’s Toilet Bike Neo has a seat that looks like a toilet, and it’s powered by bio-gas from the driver’s own poop, TreeHugger reports. Apparently, feces is pretty powerful stuff: Some have called it the “new coal,” and it will soon fuel a 600-mile Japanese tour.

The trip includes a stop at a boulder in the shape of a rear end. And if all that isn’t weird enough, the bike also talks and plays music. There remain some questions to be answered: For example, Treehugger asks, does the driver poop in private or while driving? And what happens when the fuel supply runs out?
G

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
Re: Poop power!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 08:17:13 PM »
Who else here thought "I wonder how far Kovacs could go?"

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 08:19:49 PM »
(Newser) – Calling it “clean” fuel would be a bit of a stretch: Japan’s top toilet maker has built a bike that runs on human excrement. TOTO’s Toilet Bike Neo has a seat that looks like a toilet, and it’s powered by bio-gas from the driver’s own poop, TreeHugger reports. Apparently, feces is pretty powerful stuff: Some have called it the “new coal,” and it will soon fuel a 600-mile Japanese tour.

The trip includes a stop at a boulder in the shape of a rear end. And if all that isn’t weird enough, the bike also talks and plays music. There remain some questions to be answered: For example, Treehugger asks, does the driver poop in private or while driving? And what happens when the fuel supply runs out?

The exhaust fumes must be like a billion times more nauseating than diesel fumes :-X

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »
Who else here thought "I wonder how far Kovacs could go?"

ha ha ha ha ha ...  ;D around the world in ....   ;D

Robgun1

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 09:32:58 PM »
I could go miles and miles on that thing.