Author Topic: Iphone 4S  (Read 6691 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Iphone 4S
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 08:41:40 PM »
Why would anyone be pissed off?  If you are happy with your phone (whoever makes it) more power to you.  I just wonder why so many people who specifically do not like Apple products spend so much time paying attention to them.  It reminds me of getbig; 90% of the guys here claim to not be into pro bodybuilding--or claim that they hate it--yet they spend their saturday nights watching streaming videos of pro contests and can name headless torsos and other bodyparts of the top 20 bodybuilders in the world--even from 20 years ago.  ::)

You're right, but you must admit that Apple fanbois bring it on themselves.  This is like arguing which video game is better:  the answer is, the game that you personally enjoy more is better.  It's all subjective.

In a nutshell, iOS is a more refined experience, and you can be pretty much assured everything should work pretty well.  Android offers more flexibility, but you must be willing to accept the bugs and glitches that an open sourced platform will inevitably have.

To each his own.
Y

Stavios

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »
I have a nexus google phone and I love it exept for the fact that I have to restart it 2-3 times per day or else it freezes too much

but it's not that much of a pain in the ass

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 08:46:16 PM »
I have a nexus google phone and I love it exept for the fact that I have to restart it 2-3 times per day or else it freezes too much

but it's not that much of a pain in the ass

sounds like your phone is working fine LOL
TEAM Nasser

Stavios

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »
sounds like your phone is working fine LOL

it takes 30 seconds honestly, I prefer than that dealing with the fuckin Iphone apps on the computer when I want to upload or download shits from my phone

berblexer

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »
never wasted my money on touchphones, a phone is to talk and that's it. If you need more buy a notebook or a tablet.
Team Pat Banana

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 09:33:15 PM »
never wasted my money on touchphones, a phone is to talk and that's it. If you need more buy a notebook or a tablet.

Yeah. That's what I thought too until I got the Droid. Like someone told me, "It'll change your life."
It has.

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 10:45:33 PM »
epic fail
this is better

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

io856

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 10:57:54 PM »
Why would anyone be pissed off?  If you are happy with your phone (whoever makes it) more power to you.  I just wonder why so many people who specifically do not like Apple products spend so much time paying attention to them.  It reminds me of getbig; 90% of the guys here claim to not be into pro bodybuilding--or claim that they hate it--yet they spend their saturday nights watching streaming videos of pro contests and can name headless torsos and other bodyparts of the top 20 bodybuilders in the world--even from 20 years ago.  ::)
HAHAHA! you're funny Bay

Not to mention whilst watching those streaming vids and guess who pics they are whining about women on some other thread.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm
Connecting...the...dots. ..

dustin

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 11:01:12 PM »
Fucking Apple. What a bunch of patent trolls that rip their customers off to high hell. I never understood why they had such an amazing group of loyal customers. They'll still buy this shit right up.

Apple is the only company that can tout a feature such as "CUT & PASTE" and make it sound like they've just ended world hunger. Didn't they have a huge fucking conference about it and launched commercials and radio spots. What in the actual FUCK are consumers thinking!?!? These cock suckers would try to patent the shape - RECTANGLE - if they could get away with it. ::)

Android all the way. The platform has it's challenges with fragmentation, but ICS will end that. Every popular phone has a following of mega nerds like myself that find a way to gain root access, bypass the bootloader and load custom ROMs such as AOSP ROMs like CyanogenMod7. Whenever I whip my phone out people are shocked and in awe. I can do damn near anything with my phone. It's insane. I love the Android platform.

Apple provides end users with a walled garden experience. Sure, it's great for checking Facebook, snapping pictures, playing Angry Birds and using some pretty nice apps. But Apple completely owns the user experience. You want a song on that fucker and you've got to install iTunes. Flash? Hell no... Jobs is a whiny little nerd who thinks he knows what your impressionable hipster ass wants so no Flash. Their Appstore is so restrictive and a fucking nuisance for developers that just want to get some good apps out there. Everything about Apple is sickening. Google owns Apple in every way, shape and form. And I don't care if Google wants to data mine and track my info, they can gladly have it as long as they keep pumping out the great products.  8)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 11:14:22 PM »
I've had all kinds of Android phones and I kept going back to my iPhone.

For some reason though, as someone said about their friend, the Android phone I really thought had it all... Performance, weight, feel, reliability, and features was the Samsung Galaxy S2.

That was a great phone, but it was on T-Mobile... That killed it for me... but the phone itself was great.

I think the iphone for all of what people use a phone for is the best, but I don't think that from a Hardware standpoint that it's the best phone... However, the iOS in conjunction with that industry standard hardware makes it the best phone to use for me.

NO iPhone has ever had better hardware than any other phone out there, but they package it up better than anyone else does.

The iOS is the magic.

dustin

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 11:17:26 PM »
I've had all kinds of Android phones and I kept going back to my iPhone.

For some reason though, as someone said about their friend, the Android phone I really thought had it all... Performance, weight, feel, reliability, and features was the Samsung Galaxy S2.

That was a great phone, but it was on T-Mobile... That killed it for me... but the phone itself was great.

I think the iphone for all of what people use a phone for is the best, but I don't think that from a Hardware standpoint that it's the best phone... However, the iOS in conjunction with that industry standard hardware makes it the best phone to use for me.

NO iPhone has ever had better hardware than any other phone out there, but they package it up better than anyone else does.

The iOS is the magic.

The magic is the blind loyalty towards Apple. Apple has done a great job exploiting idiots and creating a nation of sheep. I commend them for this but don't want to participate.

If you want a similar experience on Android then look to the MIUI ROMs. The GUI is extremely similar but you still have all the good stuff that sets Android light years apart from anything Apple could produce. They're suing the fuck out of Samsung which is probably why they threw their A5 chips in the iPhone 4S instead of launching the iPhone 5. I'm willing to bet production will be curbed a good while because of that dick move.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2011, 11:59:01 PM »
so basically the 4s is the 4 with some new bells and whistles?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 12:30:14 AM »
The mobile phone is something that just about everybody can own. Instant status if you have the latest and greatest. I have iPads 1 & 2 and I dislike having to do everything through iTunes. I hate that restriction. Twice I had everything erased when I upgraded the operating system. To avoid that you have to close anti-virus software and firewalls. What a pain.

That is why I own an HTC Incredible S. I can add and subtract photos directly on my PC. 8 Mp, big screen, and I can play Angry Birds and have Cleartune to tune my guitars. The trouble with having state of the art is you will want something better about every 6 months. The technology is moving foreward rapidly and this is a good thing. Lots of innovation.

LOL at the guys on Getbig. You guys knock everything. The iPhone 4s has plenty of innovation. Maybe Siri the assistant can help you answer all your perplexing questions!

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2011, 02:04:53 AM »
Buying Apple is like buying European luxury cars, you have to replace it within a year, its not cool anymore and the insides are falling apart.

Eurotrash, Appletrash, different label same hipster tech trash on the inside  :D
all drugs - TPPIIP

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2011, 02:09:47 AM »
Buying Apple is like buying European luxury cars, you have to replace it within a year, its not cool anymore and the insides are falling apart.

Eurotrash, Appletrash, different label same hipster tech trash on the inside  :D

Yep, European luxury cars suck, american cars are so much better.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

All those shitty Benz, BMW and Audis that fall apart after a year, or even worse the Lamborghini and Ferrari that is not cool anymore after 3 months, damn that stupid Maserati, Aston Martin and whatever, who would want that stupid European shit when you can own a Dodge instead!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 02:12:52 AM »

That's not true, be fair. Apple products are notorious for lasting long and being reliable. Macbooks are a very good example.  The coolness factor might be true for showoffs but insides failing is not.

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2011, 02:22:34 AM »
ahahaahaah, "I-Phone"...  ::) ::) ::)

And now it has a 8M camera!! Whooooooooow! The phone i bought last year has 12M.  ::) ::)

I guess the I-Phone 5 will have 10, then the I-Phone 6 will have 11.

You gotta be stupid to buy this shit.

Megapixels aren't the determining factor of how good a camera is. Cameras have very small sensors and going higher in MPs is not always a good idea. Many 6mp or even 8 point and shoot camera wipe the floor with 10 and 12 mega pixel cameras. What would you know you middle aged noob  ::) ;D

And Dustin, very good post!

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »
Fucking Apple. What a bunch of patent trolls that rip their customers off to high hell. I never understood why they had such an amazing group of loyal customers. They'll still buy this shit right up.

Apple is the only company that can tout a feature such as "CUT & PASTE" and make it sound like they've just ended world hunger. Didn't they have a huge fucking conference about it and launched commercials and radio spots. What in the actual FUCK are consumers thinking!?!? These cock suckers would try to patent the shape - RECTANGLE - if they could get away with it. ::)

Android all the way. The platform has it's challenges with fragmentation, but ICS will end that. Every popular phone has a following of mega nerds like myself that find a way to gain root access, bypass the bootloader and load custom ROMs such as AOSP ROMs like CyanogenMod7. Whenever I whip my phone out people are shocked and in awe. I can do damn near anything with my phone. It's insane. I love the Android platform.

Apple provides end users with a walled garden experience. Sure, it's great for checking Facebook, snapping pictures, playing Angry Birds and using some pretty nice apps. But Apple completely owns the user experience. You want a song on that fucker and you've got to install iTunes. Flash? Hell no... Jobs is a whiny little nerd who thinks he knows what your impressionable hipster ass wants so no Flash. Their Appstore is so restrictive and a fucking nuisance for developers that just want to get some good apps out there. Everything about Apple is sickening. Google owns Apple in every way, shape and form. And I don't care if Google wants to data mine and track my info, they can gladly have it as long as they keep pumping out the great products.  8)

I couldnt have said it better.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2011, 02:27:51 AM »
I couldnt have said it better.

x2, great post.

Xerxes

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2011, 02:37:49 AM »

Yep, European luxury cars suck, american cars are so much better.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

All those shitty Benz, BMW and Audis that fall apart after a year, or even worse the Lamborghini and Ferrari that is not cool anymore after 3 months, damn that stupid Maserati, Aston Martin and whatever, who would want that stupid European shit when you can own a Dodge instead!

lol

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 03:09:35 AM »

;D
tank u jesus

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 07:38:22 AM »

dustin

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2011, 07:46:38 AM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
HAHAHA! you're funny Bay

Not to mention whilst watching those streaming vids and guess who pics they are whining about women on some other thread.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm
Connecting...the...dots. ..

Tell me I am wrong. Everyone here knows it is true.  They all claim to hate bodybuilding yet they are experts on all pro bodyparts, pro personal lives, videos, the contest schedules, steaming contest coverage, etc.  ::)

io856

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2011, 01:48:00 AM »
Tell me I am wrong. Everyone here knows it is true.  They all claim to hate bodybuilding yet they are experts on all pro bodyparts, pro personal lives, videos, the contest schedules, steaming contest coverage, etc.  ::)
ummmmmm its just so obvious though

Ok so all those posts about bodybuilders, contests pictures and everything else with slightly negative undertones and jokes

...and then anything about women is highly negative and often depressive. Those posts don't seem like people happily engaging in a heterosexual relationship or in the pursuit thereof. Those that are would be too busy with those or god forbid "happy".

Yes all women (HALF the fucking world) want is money and a fitness body.  ::) Lets face it on getbig chances are posters are ok looking physically and are not exactly broke.
 ::) How many threads do we need "What women want?"
How about actually pursuing them you fucking closet homosexuals or coming out. !! Or just be happy if you like to be alone

Yehhhhh! whatever make another what women want thread(100th)! but remember women are receptive sexually so they ain't comin to you because of your big arms and toned body.
The ones that do approach to fuck then brake your fuckin hearts and then you post in on here cause they were actually the sluts! They'll be approaching another in sight thats what they do...