Author Topic: Buh-bye, Yanks!  (Read 5887 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: Buh-bye, Yanks!
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 07:56:50 AM »
Playoffs are small sample sizes where great players can appear horrible, and horrible players can get hot.  It's just the way baseball works.  As the sample size increases, most players will gravitate toward their career norms, in terms of production.

Exactly....big salaries only guarantee a good regular season record...come playoff time it's all about pitching and sometimes that doesn't get it done. Those Yankee teams that kept on winning had a lot of luck too, many memorable come from behind moments and big hits...none of that 'magic' happened last night ...at least I got my G-MEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
L

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 07:59:57 AM »
Exactly....big salaries only guarantee a good regular season record...come playoff time it's all about pitching and sometimes that doesn't get it done. Those Yankee teams that kept on winning had a lot of luck too, many memorable come from behind moments and big hits...none of that 'magic' happened last night ...at least I got my G-MEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

x2, especially on the GMen.

Playoff baseball is as much about luck and timing as it is skill.  Like you said, great players will get you there when stuff normalizes over 162 games, but anything can happen in short series.  I personally think that the Division Series should be 4 out of 7 to preserve a little more integrity of the 162 games that precede it.
Y

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 08:04:25 AM »
x2, especially on the GMen.

Playoff baseball is as much about luck and timing as it is skill.  Like you said, great players will get you there when stuff normalizes over 162 games, but anything can happen in short series.  I personally think that the Division Series should be 4 out of 7 to preserve a little more integrity of the 162 games that precede it.

I agree that it should be best of 7.  Also, the regular season should be 120 games, ending in mid August.  It doesn't make any sense to have a long marathon season and then a best of 5 sprint in the playoffs.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 08:28:59 AM »
I agree that it should be best of 7.  Also, the regular season should be 120 games, ending in mid August.  It doesn't make any sense to have a long marathon season and then a best of 5 sprint in the playoffs.

Totally agree.  162 is just an iconic number at this point, and there's way too much revenue given up if they shortened the season.
Y

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 09:10:02 AM »
my uncle has 4 season tix to the Los Angeles dodgers,  :'( :'( :'(.

81 dreadful games  a year, he has to drag me to the stadium atleast 20 of those games, anything past 10 games a year starts putting a dent in my wallet

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »
Fuck the Yankees and fuck New York  :-*

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 09:28:58 AM »
Fuck the Yankees and fuck New York  :-*

Cant you wait a day or two? 

Last night was brutal .  Screw A-Fraud!   

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 11:10:12 AM »
 :(

L.L

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »
Im gonna give Alex Rodriguez a call and see if he can teach me some Jiu- Jitsu..i need someone who's an expert in CHOKES.!!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 11:18:52 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
ARod manned up and took responsibility:

“Everything this postseason is on me,” he said. “Let’s make that crystal clear. There’s no excuses for what happened these five games. I was healthy enough to do whatever I needed to do.”
Y

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »
The New Yawk "Chunkees" weren't goin' anywhere...I'm surprised they reached the playoffs.....the average weight of the entire roster was something like 230+ pounds......buncha old fatasses ain't running to the World Series.

But....how come Arod doesn't get a pass?  Did he not contribute quite a bit in the Yanks '09 series win?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 06:40:01 PM »
Relax everyone. The Cards are playing as we post. 

So there's still some real baseball left, at least for a while.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 06:41:48 PM »
Relax everyone. The Cards are playing as we post. 

So there's still some real baseball left, at least for a while.

I guess I will root for the rangers now that the yanks choked.