Author Topic: Barbarian BP  (Read 51676 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Barbarian BP
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2006, 12:12:01 AM »
Butch Perry getting a little ink... nice. I haven't heard that name in 10 years. :)

I met Butch when he worked at a Tux store in Beverly Hills.  I was actually in there helping out the designer on a show I was going to be on to get me a custom tux.  I met Clyde "Butch" Perry then.  I found out he was also related to Manny Perry.  I was very surprised when he showed up in Hawaii with the twins.  He is a great guy.  I haven't seen him since Hilo.

Another story.  From Hilo.  I hope I'm not repeating these stories on here to many times.  I don't want them to get boring.  First off since the Rabbit couldn't hold everyone in our group which consisted of me, Grymko, Peter and David, Butch, Rod (my friend who is a Mel Gibson lookalike), and the two girls (one I was with and the other liked Rod), my friend who owned a restaurant and nightclub in Hilo let us use his Limo.  You can imagine those nuts in this thing.  Anyway we drove all over the place.  And we got to a place which is very popular called Akaka Falls.  One of the tallest waterfalls in Hawaii.  We get out and start walking to the falls.  As we get nearer David is getting in a really crazy mood.  Finally we get to the top of the falls and taking pictures and stuff.  Now there is this walkway that everyone has to go on to get to the falls and where wee were.  So allot of people are passing by.

They are looking at all us and especially at the twins taking pics and all.  Anyway allot of Japanese are walking by when all of a sudden David jumps over the railing and starts acting like a gorilla.  I mean he is all bent over and grabbing the plants tearing them up and growling like a gorilla.  People are going crazy taking his picture. 

Then David decides to get really close to the edge.  Now we are at least 300'+ up above the bottom of the gorge.  And he is hanging on a plant over the edge.  Well Grymko is now hysterical.  He is screaming and yelling at David to get back over the rail this isn't funny anymore he is yelling.  David is in his own world now.  He hears nothing and having a blast.  I swear Pete was pacing up and down yelling at him just not knowing what to do.  Then all of a sudden just like it started David jumped over the railing and it was over.  Grymko called him a couple of names and Peter was just laughing his ass off.  And we just headed back to the car and left.  Man that was funny.

I got more from this one trip alone.  I will continue next time.  One story involves a little nudity.  SO get your parents permission to read it,.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2006, 07:38:44 AM »
good stuff Keith, i could read this stuff all day.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2006, 10:53:39 AM »
Excellent story Keith.  ;D. I'm suprised Peter didn't kick him over the ledge and then jump off himself.
a

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2006, 08:41:34 PM »
here is david rapping

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2006, 09:12:43 PM »
I get sme pics in a few weeks.  David will be here on the 12th of June for about 3 weeks.  It will be nice to see him again.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2006, 11:03:30 PM »
i find it hard to believe that both twins would run away from lyle.  i'm sure one of them could take him, but both at the same time...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2006, 11:55:18 AM »
I get sme pics in a few weeks.  David will be here on the 12th of June for about 3 weeks.  It will be nice to see him again.
yeah that's awesome onlyme,i'll send u a message soon.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2006, 04:14:19 PM »
that wasn't even close, any jack off could have done what he did with that other dude pulling it off him like that.
E

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2006, 05:51:48 PM »
that wasn't even close, any jack off could have done what he did with that other dude pulling it off him like that.
i'd love to see you even try to hold 550 at the top of the bench, it would break your 13 inch arms.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bast175

« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2006, 06:06:06 PM »
They had good aesthetics for being so big and strong.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2006, 06:53:42 PM »
i'd love to see you even try to hold 550 at the top of the bench, it would break your 13 inch arms.

I think they are closer to 15. But I dont measure them. Only a complete tool measures bodyparts ;) And if you watched the damn, grainy video you'd see he wasn't even close.
E

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2006, 07:04:40 PM »
I think they are closer to 15. But I dont measure them. Only a complete tool measures bodyparts ;) And if you watched the damn, grainy video you'd see he wasn't even close.
ok "bobby". ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2006, 07:55:14 PM »

Have we seen pics of you yet.  You sound like you are very strong since you put down a couple guys who are known for their strength.  Just wondering if you walk the walk or just talk the talk.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2006, 08:07:05 PM »
Have we seen pics of you yet.  You sound like you are very strong since you put down a couple guys who are known for their strength.  Just wondering if you walk the walk or just talk the talk.

When did I say I was strong? I bench 345. I have no clue as to my other lifts, I do stiff legged dead lifts with 185 just to loosen my legs.I use 65 db's for shoulder presses(80's for low reps, 4-6). I rarely train legs, cuz I need them to be flexible for MA(plus I run several miles a day). When did I put down anyone known for their strength? If I did, I apologize. I weigh 178 and keep my bf very low(4 to 5%). I realize that many people put on large amounts of weight every year to gain a few ponds of muscle. I never do that, mainly cuz I don't want to get any bigger. I just want to maintain what I have as I age. As far as my posting my pics, I will for the Mr. Getbig contest, just for fun. I realize I can't win, I am a total runt compared to most getbiggers.(yet probably much more shredded) Can you please tell me who I put down? I got into a few arguments with people getting on my ass for one reason or another, but I don't recall calling bs on anyones claims.
E

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2006, 08:44:26 PM »
remember it's also reverse,very dangerous,u could have the bar slip forward if u don't have the perfect grip

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2006, 08:45:58 PM »
remember it's also reverse,very dangerous,u could have the bar slip forward if u don't have the perfect grip

I know, but those barbarians were famous for reverses, they were very accustomed to that particular lift.
E

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2006, 02:54:40 AM »
Great pics Overload.  That first pic has Mike Sapp watching.  He was part owner of the best gym on Oahu called The Gym.  David and Peter were strong dudes no doubt.  Very intense in the gym.
How old were they back then and how old are they now. Why didnt they try to keep that size they once had. Now there smaller, then what they once were. I was just wondering.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2006, 08:12:34 PM »
I know, but those barbarians were famous for reverses, they were very accustomed to that particular lift.
They really brought their training to a whole other level. I've read things and seen some pictures where they sure used their imaginations to make one hell of a crazy workout.
bodybuildersreality.com

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2006, 10:18:27 PM »
A shame though that Weider or wrestling didn't do more with them. As wrestlers they'd have been golden.

They were in town (Honolulu) and I had them staying at a hotel my friend was manager at.  A nice hotel.  Now for breakfast a common thing for them was a protein shake.  So I show up and they want me to have one.  I said thats okay I just ate.  So I watched David make it.

1 can tuna (drained of course, in water)
6 eggs (whole)
1 can Diet Orange soda
Some protein powder
mix it up good with the blender.  Take the lid off, hold your nose and drink.  Very disgusting and smelled horrible

hahahahahahhaahahahahaha h

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2006, 04:14:09 AM »
damn the sad thing is that they never competed as pro bodybuilders..these were the first guys who had the ronnie coleman like power...these guys were just sick strong..they all had raw power of biblical proportions..its always nice to hear stories about these legends..these days there are just a handfull of bodybuilders who are this strong..i think so only coleman comes closest in matching with their lifts..i would say there were couple of strong mofos ..we had eddie robinson,kevin levrone,johnnie jackson and ronnie coleman..i think so its these days strong bodybuilders are very rare.there are almost no strong pros these days..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2006, 07:12:51 AM »
He couldn't do it. Good try. tho
"Mystery Is Life"

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2006, 03:28:25 AM »
Did the pauls train legs much, i no they wer freaky big and strong, but was this all upper body with lower bodys not in proportion to the top half?

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2006, 10:22:49 PM »
Oh yeah...we have gone over that story a few times here, the problem is no one has the first hand info on it (as in saw it with their own eyes).

The version I heard was the Brothers lost a bet on a Raider game and would not pay up-and Alzado knocked one out and the other one ran for cover.

Onlyme got word form Grymko that there was no fight at all really, and the abuse of the Gold's Venice equipment was what started it.

I find this hard to believe b/c Alzado himself abused the f**k out of the equipment at Gold's Venice.

Who knows though-after 20+ years only the Brothers can give us a straight answer-considering Lyle is long gone.....
Ah, the line between love and hate can be very thin indeed, esp. where there's money involved.  The three were all very close during the time Lyle sought the Barbs out to help him with his training.  He swiftly went from a low position on the NFL draft list, straight up.  Right to the top.  During this time, Lyle had them actually living with him at the Green House.  But the Barbs had sort of created a monster.  Soon after, conflicts grew, and a lawsuit was filed.  The fight at Gold's occured immediately following a court decision on the suit.  Obviously, Lyle wanted more justice than he had been given.  By this time in his physical conditioning, he could kill his way out of the gym.  The Barbs on the other hand are rather pacifistic idealists, and very gifted artists. Not killers. Lyle would take
on anything except a Taser, he once told me.  He liked to fight. That was his trip.
Oh, and he loved to start fights between athletes in the gym.  He thrived on
conflict and violence.  I hope this helps you.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2006, 08:16:14 AM »
Did the pauls train legs much, i no they wer freaky big and strong, but was this all upper body with lower bodys not in proportion to the top half?

davie

Look at page 1 about halfway down...

8)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2006, 11:09:16 AM »
Look at page 1 about halfway down...

8)
yup that will just about cover it! holy fuck!
bodybuildersreality.com