Author Topic: Sleep Apneia Problems for bodybuilders and athletes?  (Read 4157 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Sleep Apneia Problems for bodybuilders and athletes?
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 10:36:30 AM »
listen to the DASHOW with dr durling dr castro. talking about sleep apneia. lot of bodybuilders and athletes have it. do you? very informative info. hope all is well.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dashow/2011/10/08/dashow-80-guests-dr-durling-castro-and-eric-broser

and other guest eric broser natural bodybuilder.

a great show.
it all has to do with the neck. bigger the neck  more problems. i stopped training my neck problem solved.
F

lm

• Getbig II
Re: sleep apneia problems?
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 12:38:38 PM »
  • tonsils out?
  • Uvula shaved down?
  • Deviated septum fixed?

I had all three done and still have to use cpap...though at a reduced pressure.

These fix less severe problems related to soft tissue, usually snoring. I had a maxillo-mandibular advancement, which is the treatment for severe obstructive sleep apnea. I used a CPAP for a couple of years till my surgery. The surgery is kind of extreme though. They cut your upper and lower jaw and reconnect them about 10mm forward giving you more breathing space. 8.5 hours of surgery. I wouldn't have the guts to do it again, but I'm happy with the results.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: sleep apneia problems?
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 04:53:24 PM »
Testosterone levels are a risk factor fo sleep apnea.  The Higher they are the more likely you are to have sleep apnea.

Really? Looking at my wife, I'd say here test levels are really low. She has sleep apnea.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: Sleep Apneia Problems for bodybuilders and athletes?
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 03:17:21 AM »
Testoserone affects throat structures...also consider that although your wife may have sleep apnea,...it is an overwhelmingly male problem.