Author Topic: I knew it - Seal Beach - D.A. expects an insanity defense  (Read 11203 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: I FUCKING KNEW IT!!
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2011, 10:38:03 AM »
Oh, great. Another capital punishment thread.

Capital punishment is no deterrent, and serves no other purpose than a sense of societal revenge. Some people find comfort in this, some don't.

/condolences on your loss, coach.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2011, 10:56:11 AM »
and serves no other purpose than a sense of societal revenge.

What's wrong with that ?

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2011, 11:07:03 AM »
I'll never understand shit like this.  This guy walks in and starts shooting up a salon with a dozen or so people in it.  Including a couple of males.  WTF?  I'm not trying to come off as billy bad ass or anything like that but my god didn't anyone think to tackle this fucker?  There had to have been atleast a few people next to this guy while he was popping off rounds.  The fucker even had time to reload. I don't care if I shit and pissed all over myself out of complete fear.............if I'm going to die I'm sure as fuck going to try to take this asshole out.  It's always a lot different being in an actual situation like this and I have been in a couple but  A gun Im sure would be different.  I just don't get how these guys can sit there and kill this many people in 2 minutes without anyone doing shit.  I know most were women but still there were like three men around this guy.  Not only that I don't give a fuck if I was a cop I would have put a fucking bullet in this assholes head or whipped out my baton and caused this fucker some serious damange.  I mean if there is EVER a time to go Rodney King on someone's ass this would be it.  

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »
Oh, great. Another capital punishment thread.

Capital punishment is no deterrent, and serves no other purpose than a sense of societal revenge. Some people find comfort in this, some don't.

/condolences on your loss, coach.
well the prison system isnt self sustaining , costs money to house inmates, and since they dont try rehabilitating them either housing an inmate for a life sentence really doesnt make sense.  if we had a self sustaining criminal rehabilitation system then the death senence wouldnt make sense.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2011, 11:12:02 AM »
25 years in Prison is far worse than Death.

You will not be the same human being after that, if you manage 25 years that is.

Mental Torture.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2011, 11:15:33 AM »
What's wrong with that ?
Did you read all of my post!?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2011, 11:16:13 AM »
25 years in Prison is far worse than Death.

You will not be the same human being after that, if you manage 25 years that is.

Mental Torture.
How do you know this  ???
How many years have you spent in prison  ???
Have you ever been dead before  ???

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
well the prison system isnt self sustaining , costs money to house inmates, and since they dont try rehabilitating them either housing an inmate for a life sentence really doesnt make sense.  if we had a self sustaining criminal rehabilitation system then the death senence wouldnt make sense.
Didn't the California prison union just recently strike a huge new labour agreement!? Big business is big business, bro.  ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »
Yes
Well, then you know some find comfort in it (CP) and some don't. So why your post!?  ???

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2011, 11:23:12 AM »
So why your post!?  ???
I don't know, you are one of my favorite posters here , I apologize bro , I didn't mean to offend you .

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2011, 11:25:10 AM »
I don't know, you are one of my favorite posters here , I apologize bro , I didn't mean to offend you .
None given, or taken. Just home from a friend's overnight binge, and sat down with a fresh one (probably not a smart move, but feels right). Carry on, as usual.   :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2011, 11:25:54 AM »
Sounds like a lot of people in this thread want to roll over like bitches and be assfucked by any two bit criminal that comes along so they don't interfere with his right to have anal sex. ::)

Mangoo....I'll have to respond to you later..but it sounds like you're making an argument to back up existing laws and that people should just accept that its a criminals inalienable right to commit crimes, regardless of the victims rights?

The one paragraph from your nobel guy there gave me a good idea though....surprise executions, just walk to the cell and open fire on the intended subject while he sleeps. I like that. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »
Sounds like a lot of people in this thread want to roll over like bitches and be assfucked by any two bit criminal that comes along so they don't interfere with his right to have anal sex. ::)

Mangoo....I'll have to respond to you later..but it sounds like you're making an argument to back up existing laws and that people should just accept that its a criminals inalienable right to commit crimes, regardless of the victims rights?

The one paragraph from your nobel guy there gave me a good idea though....surprise executions, just walk to the cell and open fire on the intended subject while he sleeps. I like that. :)
You're not far off from the Japanese. Japanese DP prisoners never know the date of their execution - could be days, or years - until the day they are taken from their cell.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2011, 11:38:45 AM »
INTERESTING and mostly intelligent discussion.

It's interesting to see the remarks when emotions are involved such as COACH's initial input followed by an intelligent apology.

But I still have no clue on HOW I SHOULD INTELLIGENTLY FEEL about capital punishment, but my emotional feeling is a ten-cent bullet through the cranium with no paper work except for an IT IS DONE notice once there is no doubt that he is guilty.

DOC, a friend of mine steals and eats apples when he goes shopping realizing that nothing will happen if he gets caught .... but if a big guy with a hand-chopper walked the aisles, he'd be the most honest shopper it the world. (My attempt at simplifying a complicated situation.)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »
CHE, You gave up too early. I think your discussion or disagreement with DR GHIMPS was going someplace intelligently.

You do appreciate his friendship as do I, but real friends are there to argue with ... or better stated .... "to discuss serious stuff with".

SORRY! Had to say that.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2011, 11:57:14 AM »
Do any of you GetBiggers have any statistics on prison populations, etc in any of these countries that can chop hands off?

I wonder what kind of medical treatment they get afterwards and how much paperwork is required?

And .... How many US prisons have work requirements that enable the prison to be financially solvent?

I think inmates in Nevada make DMV license plates.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2011, 12:00:15 PM »
INTERESTING and mostly intelligent discussion.

It's interesting to see the remarks when emotions are involved such as COACH's initial input followed by an intelligent apology.

But I still have no clue on HOW I SHOULD INTELLIGENTLY FEEL about capital punishment, but my emotional feeling is a ten-cent bullet through the cranium with no paper work except for an IT IS DONE notice once there is no doubt that hr is guilty.

DOC, a friend of mine steals and eats apples when he goes shopping realizing that nothing will happen if he gets caught .... but if a big guy with a hand-chopper walked the aisles, he'd be the most honest shopper it the world. (My attempt at simplifying a complicated situation.)
I do feel that the world would be better off without certain individuals. No Question. And please insert your favourite serial killer or war criminal here. I know I have my list. But, as part of the legal/judicial system, the death penalty is a total failure, in all aspects.

/and i only steal and eat jumbo salted cashews, not apples, in grocery stores.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2011, 12:06:35 PM »
I don't believe there is a god, but I thought the idea about him was forgiveness and stuff....
And this case is another reason to stop selling guns in  stores in the US like they are toys.
Where you live you can get drugs,correct? Legally or illegally? Think of  the issue of "guns", like that.
Furthermore, if what you say were true, then we'd have more salon shootings...
The biggest thing is, anyone of us on here is fully capable doing what this guy did...all there needs to be is a "spark', many of us would talk ourselves out of it, and some wouldn't. Everyday there are ordinary citizens that have never committed a crime, or one this heinous, go off the deep end and sdo something totally out of "character". 

Now, what I'm interested is how this will play out in court. He may plead insanity, but if he found competent to stand trial, it's a whole 'nother ball game. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
DOC, Only cashews?!

In that case I'd only get the Little-Finger-Chopper-Guy after ya.

But I think and HOPE that capital punishment works!

I do know that it makes me feel better to know that the guy or gal who shoots me for good will be in a shitload of trouble.

Are there any 'stats' that can undeniably prove that CP is worthless?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »
But, as part of the legal/judicial system, the death penalty is a total failure, in all aspects.

What if it gives the victim's family a sense of comfort for their loss, is that enough?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2011, 12:12:33 PM »
Every issue like this has people on both sides that can provide statistics to prove their side is right. Where is the truth?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2011, 12:16:05 PM »
Because even a hardcore killer is afraid of death---Death means THE END...the same reason why Tookie had a tear come out. Only a truly insane person welcomes death, and even then there is still a inkling of fear.

That was my point. If you also quoted the context and who and what I was responding to it would have been obvious.

But there is another case where a murderer will asked to be put to death, and that is the truly repentant. i only know of one case and that is the case of Dave Berkowitz, The Son of Sam. He claimed that he found God. A lot of prisoners find God and use that as a way to get a lighter sentence and possibly early release. Not Berkowitz. He admitted that he did something wrong and must pay for it. And pay for it with his life. He is sentence to life but he has canceled everyone of his parole hearings.  

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2011, 12:17:10 PM »
What if it gives the victim's family a sense of comfort for their loss, is that enough?
Absolutely! But satisfaction at another's loss is a chimera. Totally human, tho.  

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:55 PM »
I'll never understand shit like this.  This guy walks in and starts shooting up a salon with a dozen or so people in it.  Including a couple of males.  WTF?  I'm not trying to come off as billy bad ass or anything like that but my god didn't anyone think to tackle this fucker?  There had to have been atleast a few people next to this guy while he was popping off rounds.  The fucker even had time to reload. I don't care if I shit and pissed all over myself out of complete fear.............if I'm going to die I'm sure as fuck going to try to take this asshole out.  It's always a lot different being in an actual situation like this and I have been in a couple but  A gun Im sure would be different.  I just don't get how these guys can sit there and kill this many people in 2 minutes without anyone doing shit.  I know most were women but still there were like three men around this guy.  Not only that I don't give a fuck if I was a cop I would have put a fucking bullet in this assholes head or whipped out my baton and caused this fucker some serious damange.  I mean if there is EVER a time to go Rodney King on someone's ass this would be it.  

Have you ever been on the scene of an accident? Notice how there may be 30 people standing around with their fingers up their asses? It takes a certain mentality to automatically jump in and get shit done. Some people just don't get that.

Sheeple.

There are plenty of them around.