Author Topic: 120 mph Crash Test: Ford Focus Meets Wall  (Read 6065 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: 120 mph Crash Test: Ford Focus Meets Wall
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 04:40:53 PM »
Dude across the street from me just bought Maybach. I only recently heard of one (saw Jeter with him on TMZ) niiiiice car!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 05:30:16 PM »
Two Hyundais/Kias
I wonder what would happen if we engineered cars to withstand the 120mph crashes? Imagine the structural engineering, and imagine what the cars would look like---because it would dictate what the designers/stylists have to work with.

we would be in a whole new era. ... even if they did build vehicles it would probably be like minority report where we just jump in a go for a ride. they'd be so far advanced. very cool stuff

you opened up a good can of worms

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 05:49:39 PM »
I seen this a long time ago.

An excerpt from the 1958 Disneyland TV Show episode entitled Magic Highway USA. In this last part of the show, an exploration into possible future Transportation technologies is made. It's hard to believe how little we've accomplished on this front since 1958, and how limited the scope for imagining such future technologies has become. Witness an artifact from a time where the future was greeted with optimism. Note the striking animation style here, achieved with fairly limited animation and spectacular layouts.

its very funny.

long version. save it in your bookmarks for rainy day

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 02:50:45 AM »
what a way to kill a thread.