Author Topic: Insane strength on a teenager  (Read 3294 times)

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
Insane strength on a teenager
« on: October 13, 2011, 05:28:48 AM »
Been watching this guy for a while and I can't get over how strong he is for his size. Dude is overly powerful. In the video below he does a 180 kg clean with perfect form,

&feature=relmfu

he also has a video of him deadlifting 240kg without straps overhanded at around 80 kg. How to people like him get so strong? is it simply progression over a long time or raw talent? ~Anyone here incorporate olympic movements into their regular training? I found clean and press is great for getting my triceps stronger for training heavier on chest day

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Insane strength on a teenager
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »
very impressive!!

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 01:40:05 PM »
insane strenght but horrible squat from.
how can a trainer can let him do that ?
asstropin

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 01:18:36 AM »
I just hope  he does not pay for it a few years down the road. I am not a big fan of explosive lifts as i think with heavy weight it CAN be dangerous. Taking nothing from the guy in the video...just not my cup of tea ;)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 08:33:37 AM »
Has been found that less injuries occur with Olympic lifts compared to the other forms of major weight training (BB'ing/PL'ing). Including back & joint injuries.

Pretty good form and hitting the groove by that kid. That's not bad form in the front squat part of the lift. Also good example of the "S" curve when doing those lifts.

Try doing BB'oing style workouts with the Olympic lifts, including the front press, for rapid muscle mass increases. Rather than the set's of 2's & 3's of Olympic training. Good Luck.
F

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 05:40:38 AM »
I agree JPM. Nothing wrong with lifting heavy weight with depth and good form. What makes him so strong in these lifts? is it mainly his glute/hip strength? thats alot of weight to front squat from so deep!

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 08:42:34 AM »
Dom: Most top level Olympic lifters have one noticeable thing in common, extra thick spinal erectors. Along with great muscle/joint flexibility. Adding to that, hip/glutes/abs, which makeup the hinge portion of the body, that can transfer power from the lower part of the body (leg/ham and calves) to the upper. The pull is extremely important, another reason that the erectors & traps are so well developed.

Given all this, technique, quickness & timing are a vital element with any serious lifting. Most of the Olympic lifters I know are usually athletic by nature. Quite a few Pl'ers I know are not. This personal view can also go towards pure BB'ers, who (as a group) seem to be the less athletic of the three lifting branches. Not a putdown of BB'ing, just a personal observation on my part.  

So what makes any lifter stronger is a coordinated effort from the whole body on one movement of lifting a very heavy weight to an overhead position. But the key factor is the hinge or middle section of the body, where learning correct technique is very important. Good luck.
F

max_rep1975

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 11:25:14 AM »

best of the best
419lbs @ bodyweight 132lbs

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 02:55:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply JPM, I always follow your posts and you always speak sense.

Yeah he has a few videos up of him doing some free running stuff and his lower back muscles are like steel. What would be the best way to break into olympic lifting like this? Getting a proper coach or just constant practice? I'd imagine if he changed his volume and ate more he could gain some fairly impressive muscle with such strength, funny how he says he never really trains deadlifts yet he can pull 240kg overhand easily lol.

Do you think you could recommend a programme to increase strength? I'm working alot these days so I train sundays, mondays and wednesday thursdays. Whats the best workout plan to increase strength and size?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 04:22:12 PM »
I agree JPM. Nothing wrong with lifting heavy weight with depth and good form. What makes him so strong in these lifts? is it mainly his glute/hip strength? thats alot of weight to front squat from so deep!

ABS ABS ABS!!!

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 09:27:27 AM »
Dom: Don't know if you live in a urban or rural area, so you might have to do some searching to find a place to learn the proper Olympic forms. A little rare now days.  If the only option is to learn them on your own, than there are web sites, video's, books, etc to help. Hint; start with a bar only, at first, to learn the correct form.  You will also learn the find the correct groove when lifting. Watching yourself in a full length mirror is also important., to checkout any flaws during the learning period. Of course a coach would be the first selection. Might try local colleges or high schools, they might have classes in lifting.

There is really no best way, but the one that works for you. If you do the Olympic training, you will add impressive strength (and confidence) and muscle. Though the usually 2's or 3's can be boosted up to a more BB'ing protocol of 6 to 9 reps, if you wish. And making sure the diet is enough to support the extra demands for gains to your body.

The other selection would be the 5X5 system (5 sets of 5 reps each), as a basic way to increase size & power. Only use the basic compound exercises, like the squat, BB row & bench  (in that order)each workout. Throw in a couple sets of arms, if you wish, at the end of the workout. Try for the mon-wed-fri, or twice a week plan. Same for the Olympic protocol ,per days a week. In any event, try not going to failure on any exercise or set.

Olympic lifters do a form of DL's when they pull the bar from the floor. Only they raise the bar higher, in one motion, to snatch it overhead or catch the bar on the shoulders for cleans. The Olympic lifters pulls are lighting fast compared to the Pl'er slower efforts.  Speed will increase basic strength in training. Timing & quickness is another element that separate the Olympic lifter from the PL'er. On a whole, Olympic lifters tend to be more faster & athletic than P'ers. Not sure if any Olympic style lifters have tried serious DL'ing, but I would not doubt that many could be in the top 10% of PL'er in that lift. Good Luck.

Side Bar:  Most men find that if training for the one hand DL's, they can raise almost as much as they do in the two handed version. But than again, the DL's is more of a leg driven exercise than anything else.
F