Author Topic: Herman Cain: 'I'm Not Familiar With The Neoconservative Movement'  (Read 1551 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Herman Cain: 'I'm Not Familiar With The Neoconservative Movement'
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 11:13:23 AM »
"What would be wrong with Cain saying something like, yes I am familiar with it but I don't identify with neoconservatism because XYZ..."

because he doesn't want karl rove using him as a punching bag ala rick perry.  He doesn't want ot offend those morons who high-five and get hard at the thought of more war.  he wants to be everything to everyone.

The minute he says "I support or do not support the neocons", he loses 5 or 6 points.  Period.  The more you learn about a candidate, the more votes he/she LOSES.  It's why perry, ,cain, everyone is top when they're unknown, then as their positions and behaviors are exposed, they plummet.

Ask rudy and fred thompson about that.
so you're saying he has a good reason for not saying anything?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Herman Cain: 'I'm Not Familiar With The Neoconservative Movement'
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:15 AM »
so you're saying he has a good reason for not saying anything?

politically - YES.

He will alienate either the hardcore neocons - and they're out there, whether they admit it or not - or he will alienate those tea party repubs who dislike the neocons greatly.

So by playing dumb... "I am no familiarrrrr with them" he can put this onion peeling process off a bit longer.

Mind you, he will have a better prepared answer next time he sees a microphone, bet on it.  And idiots will say "See, that makes sense, he doesn't offend anyone".  But cain knew that owning/disowning them woudl cost him votes.

Same way christie would be #1 on every poll... until voters discovered his liberal record was a lot like Mitt's.

So it's smart politics, but morally hypocritical since Cain can't stop patting himself on the back saying "be careful piers, you might just get the straight answer from a no-nonsense candidate like myself".

IMO, anyone who brags about their integrity, usually needs to work on it.  Anyone who brags about how little they lie, is probably lying.