Author Topic: RAVENS  (Read 24477 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: RAVENS
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2012, 03:08:23 PM »
i look forward to this 8)

E

You have to get passed the Broncos first.  :D
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2012, 03:10:05 PM »
You have to get passed the Broncos first.  :D

no worries

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »
Mendenhall possibly out with an ACL tear. Ouch.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »
Mendenhall possibly out with an ACL tear. Ouch.

oh no what will we do without his dancing behind the line ::)

worst first round draft choice since troy edwards in 1998

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2012, 10:02:59 AM »
oh no what will we do without his dancing behind the line ::)

worst first round draft choice since troy edwards in 1998

E

LOL...yeah...he's terrible---nearly three straight 1,000 yard seasons and your starting RB. Yeah..he sucks...makes you wonder why such a top notch organization would even stick him out there in your starting lineup in the first place.  ::)

Will any of your other starting players miss the Broncos game due to their sickle cell flaring up??

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2012, 02:54:05 PM »
LOL...yeah...he's terrible---nearly three straight 1,000 yard seasons and your starting RB. Yeah..he sucks...makes you wonder why such a top notch organization would even stick him out there in your starting lineup in the first place.  ::)

Will any of your other starting players miss the Broncos game due to their sickle cell flaring up??

he's replaceable, i actually think issac redman runs better

no

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »
he's replaceable, i actually think issac redman runs better

no

E

Who backs up Ryan Clark? Is he replaceble?

I think the Broncos have a decent shot. It will come down to turnovers but it won't be a high scoring game. If Tebow gets into a rythm early in the game it could be a competitive contest.

Denver has a very experienced secondary and two great edge pass rushers in Von Miller and Dumervill.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 06:21:41 PM »
ryan clark rides troy's coattails, see the 09 season

the broncos could win, but the only reason you think they have a "decent shot" is because you want them to win

the broncos winning this game would be a colossal upset

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »
ryan clark rides troy's coattails, see the 09 season

the broncos could win, but the only reason you think they have a "decent shot" is because you want them to win

the broncos winning this game would be a colossal upset

E

Really, Earl? Is that the reason I think the Broncos have a shot? Because The Ravens are afraid to play them in round two? LOL. I think they have a shot for the very same reason I mentioned in the previous post.

You are one presumptuous turd sometimes.....

Bring it the fuck on..I hope the Steelers do come to Baltimore. And so do the Ravens.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
Earl, how thefuck are you a steelers fan?  Your boy Kevin Levrone is a Ravens fan. Anyway, that argument of the Ravens not wanting the steelers in Baltimore, why? they beat them twice this season, the first time was severe ownage.  Guess it's all for not, as the steelers are out, and unless the Ravens have a meltdown, will be cruising to the AFC title game.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »
Earl, how thefuck are you a steelers fan?  Your boy Kevin Levrone is a Ravens fan. Anyway, that argument of the Ravens not wanting the steelers in Baltimore, why? they beat them twice this season, the first time was severe ownage.  Guess it's all for not, as the steelers are out, and unless the Ravens have a meltdown, will be cruising to the AFC title game.

In Earl's defense he lives in PA.

I really did want to the Steelers to win so that they could get a shot to upset the Patriots. I couldn't imagine the choas if the Ravens and Steelers played for the AFC title in Baltimore. Holy shit.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »

yes Mr. Levrone is a ravens fan, nobody is perfect

i still think the steelers have a psychological advantage over the ravens

if they weren't in their heads, harbaugh wouldn't act like a 13 year old touching his first breast after finally beating them

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2012, 01:31:30 PM »

if they weren't in their heads, harbaugh wouldn't act like a 13 year old touching his first breast after finally beating them

E

Yeah, I suppose beating the Steelers would elicit some joy after losing to you guys every year. I'm just pissed we didn't do it in the playoffs.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »

E

I will agree that I think that there is a small part of them(steelers) that is in the Ravens heads, but I think that they finally overtook them this year, and it will be for a while that they(Ravens) will be on top, as long as Flacco gets his shit together, and they fire Cam and get a real OC.  I hope that the confidence level of the team catches up with the talent, becasue I think they are truly better than pitt now, it is all mental at this point.  Believe it or not, the series isn't as one sided as you make it, just in the playoffs.  Check the numbers, I know the steelers are up, but only by a few games.  I was going to go to the game next weekend had they played pitt, but now I will wait to see if denver upsets the pats, and the AFCCG is in Baltimore, I'm going.  M&T is an awesome venue to watch football, not like that bullshit a few miles away in DC.  Went to the Niners game there this year, and I have to say, skins fans and their place blew.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2012, 04:07:59 PM »
I will agree that I think that there is a small part of them(steelers) that is in the Ravens heads, but I think that they finally overtook them this year, and it will be for a while that they(Ravens) will be on top, as long as Flacco gets his shit together, and they fire Cam and get a real OC.  I hope that the confidence level of the team catches up with the talent, becasue I think they are truly better than pitt now, it is all mental at this point.  Believe it or not, the series isn't as one sided as you make it, just in the playoffs.  Check the numbers, I know the steelers are up, but only by a few games.  I was going to go to the game next weekend had they played pitt, but now I will wait to see if denver upsets the pats, and the AFCCG is in Baltimore, I'm going.  M&T is an awesome venue to watch football, not like that bullshit a few miles away in DC.  Went to the Niners game there this year, and I have to say, skins fans and their place blew.

they went 5 years without beating big ben, they came close many times but came up short until this season, i don't put much stock in wins against dennis dixon and charlie batch

i'm not going to concede to the ravens yet, they gave the steelers their best games this year and then lost to bad teams, steelers are very young on offense and will be competitive for years

that last drive by flacco a few weeks back ended their season, with all the injuries they desperately needed a bye week

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2012, 08:28:58 PM »

How about the purple and black today?? One win away from the big dance. Whew.....beating the Patriots is going to be tough. But I know we can do it. Brady isn't going to score like that against our D. It's going to be the Suggs vs. Uggs matchup!

GO RAVENS!!!!!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »
Should be a great game. As a Pats fan, this is the game we've been waiting for. Could go either way.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2012, 07:34:20 AM »
Should be a great game. As a Pats fan, this is the game we've been waiting for. Could go either way.

The Ravens have to pressure Brady and take chances blitzing against the Patriots spread offense alignments.

Flacco has to take chances throwing the ball downfield. The Pats' secondary is average, at best. Ray has to carry 20 times. If he does, that means the Ravens aern't playing from behind.

The Ravens can win this game. As a fan, I'm actually insulted at the current line(+7.5)  >:(

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2012, 12:25:57 PM »
The Ravens have to pressure Brady and take chances blitzing against the Patriots spread offense alignments.

Flacco has to take chances throwing the ball downfield. The Pats' secondary is average, at best. Ray has to carry 20 times. If he does, that means the Ravens aern't playing from behind.

The Ravens can win this game. As a fan, I'm actually insulted at the current line(+7.5)  >:(

That line has a lot to do with what the Pats did to Denver. Its started at +6.5 and looks like everyone bet Pats. Now at +7.5 its a suckers bet for anyone who likes the Pats. The spread should actually be +3.5 because the Pats are at home.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2012, 02:07:04 PM »
That line has a lot to do with what the Pats did to Denver. Its started at +6.5 and looks like everyone bet Pats. Now at +7.5 its a suckers bet for anyone who likes the Pats. The spread should actually be +3.5 because the Pats are at home.

Ravens +3.5 @ NE would indicate that Vegas feels the teams are almost exactly even, and the Pats sole advantage was Foxboro.   The line is adjusted because they feel the Pats are a flat out better team, and the Ravens stink on the road.

So, I'm guessing it started at Pats -3, add in the Pats perceived superiority and Ravens road woes and -7.5 is not surprising.
Y

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
I hope the Ravens win. I like teams that can really play defense and that Pats haven't convinced me that they really can. Sure they stopped Tebow, but he's not a passer. If you look at their losses, it's to QB's who are very decent QBs. Not saying that Flacco is in that league, but he has enough weapons to do it and is a much better passer than Tebow.
And who here ISN'T really tired of Tom Brady by now?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
The ravens need to stop brady early to have a chance either that or force turn overs on defense.

If they play from behind and have to limit ray rices role theyll lose.

Honestly brady has been on a tear lately and I think they just have to much going on offense to get stopped.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2012, 06:42:36 PM »
The Ravens will test Brady early with safety and middle linebacker blitzes up the middle, early in the game. The result will go either two ways: We're able to hit Brady and possibly cause turnovers OR he burns our ass up the seam with Gronk straight up the field. Brady really does not have a favorite receiver in that offense between the 20's. In the Redzone, he looks for his tight ends, mostly.

I don't see a combined score going over 45 points for this game. The Ravens, despite their road woes during the regular season, have a PROVEN track record while playing on the road in the playoffs. They will enforce their defensive presence in this game. I know it in my gut.

Look....If you go undefeated at home and split your road games....that's a 12 win season. Any team in the NFL will take that year after year. Sure...going .500 on the road sucks, no matter what you do at home. But the Ravens have proven that they know how to play well in the playoffs ON THE ROAD. Fuck the Pats. Suggs vs. Uggs bitch

GO RAVENS!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »
The Ravens will test Brady early with safety and middle linebacker blitzes up the middle, early in the game. The result will go either two ways: We're able to hit Brady and possibly cause turnovers OR he burns our ass up the seam with Gronk straight up the field. Brady really does not have a favorite receiver in that offense between the 20's. In the Redzone, he looks for his tight ends, mostly.

I don't see a combined score going over 45 points for this game. The Ravens, despite their road woes during the regular season, have a PROVEN track record while playing on the road in the playoffs. They will enforce their defensive presence in this game. I know it in my gut.

Look....If you go undefeated at home and split your road games....that's a 12 win season. Any team in the NFL will take that year after year. Sure...going .500 on the road sucks, no matter what you do at home. But the Ravens have proven that they know how to play well in the playoffs ON THE ROAD. Fuck the Pats. Suggs vs. Uggs bitch

GO RAVENS!!!
and the pats havent proven anything in the playoffs right?

I agree with you about between the 20's and brady, the problem is that when they get their TE's going it opens ups welker and green ellis.

I say its the pats 27-20, brady is kicking ass and taking names right now and their O line seems to finally have gotten their act together somewhat(well see if it lasts)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2012, 06:04:08 AM »
I see it going one of two ways, Ravens in a close one, or Pats in a blowout.  It all depends on the Ravens O. If they can get it going early, control the clock, and get TD instead of FG, they can hang on and win.  If Flacco does whats he has done in some of his road games this year, the D will keep it close until sometime in the 4th quarter, when they become gassed and NE goes up by a few scores.  IT sucks being a Ravens fan sometimes, because that's how they play sometimes.  Either way, if Suggs shows up, and smacks Brady in the mouth early, it's game over, Ravens advance to Superbowl.  this will be the toughest game they have left, I like them against the 9ers or the Giants.