Author Topic: The most misused and misunderstood speech by conspiracy theorists ever...  (Read 1749 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I can't count the number of times I've seen segments of this speech posted below twisted by conspiracy theorists.  Before you make or post a conspiracy that highlights JFK's speech, please make sure you know the context of what he was saying and why he was saying it.  It really is the most misued thing ever by theorists.  There are thousands of videos out there that highlight the words they want to hear from Kennedy while ignoring the context intended.

If anything, this is what people should highlight from his speech considering the current time and events:

"...there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it."

"no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."

And now for the full speech which is about communism and how the press and government should proceed in a cold war, NOT ABOUT SECRET SOCIETIES AND ALL THE OTHER SHIT IT'S BEEN TWISTED TO MATCH...

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: The most misused and misunderstood speech by conspiracy theorists ever...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 01:41:34 AM »
This pisses me off, i was fooled by the other edited speeches....Good find....I went through a period of time where I was real deep into all the conspiracy theory bullshit...Now i look back and think, what an idiot I was...Do not get me wrong, Bilderberg group is real, but is it as nefarious as the conspiracy buffs want us to believe? I dont think so....

So what if a group of guys get together and take part in a ritual in front of a big owl....Rich people that have done it all, get wierd after a while, who cares...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: The most misused and misunderstood speech by conspiracy theorists ever...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 03:28:31 AM »
Good post.... Lessons learned... You really gotta double check stuff, that you hear or read, for yourself.  Even when you kinda trust a source, it's a good idea to double check what they are saying.