Author Topic: Water intake  (Read 1845 times)

anthony57

• Getbig I
Water intake
« on: March 02, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »
I need some advice. I drink alot of water throughout the day and twice as much while I work out at around noon each day. Needless to say I am pissing like a race horse all day long. I'm worried that I'm pissing out my creatine, multi, and protein drink before they are able to hit the muscles or take effect in my body. Anyone deal with this. I am in pisser about 2 times every 30 mins all day.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Water intake
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 05:45:57 PM »
By the time the fluid reaches your bladder, your body has extracted all it can from it.
The nutrients go in one direction; the waste is excreted via urine.

The frequency of your piss breaks is unrelated to (not indicative of) muscle malnourishment.

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 05:51:43 PM »
i piss all day long too bro, part of the game. as to your other question.....dont worry you are fine

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »
I would suggest that drinking too much water is a weird health craze... no double blind studies have ever linked over-hydration with any health benefits... on the contrary many have confirmed the opposite...

I'd suggest drinking enough to quench thirst and focus on more water before and after training...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 07:30:33 AM »
I generally just drink enough water to keep my urine clear and not yellow/orange looking..............unl ess prepping for a contest.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
No need to force water down. It is rare but you can actually dilute electrolytes like potassium so low you could drop dead. This has actually happened to new marathoners who are told to drink as much water as you can during the race. 

I would get excessive urination checked if it can't be traced to drinking to much. It could be diabetes or an indication of blood sugar problems. Needless to say I'm not a doctor and it should be discussed with one.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 06:06:02 PM »
Drink when your thirsty.

Problem solved.

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 04:27:31 AM »
I need some advice. I drink alot of water throughout the day and twice as much while I work out at around noon each day. Needless to say I am pissing like a race horse all day long. I'm worried that I'm pissing out my creatine, multi, and protein drink before they are able to hit the muscles or take effect in my body. Anyone deal with this. I am in pisser about 2 times every 30 mins all day.

i think the more u drink the more ur body craves water. obviously there are limits but i dirnk about 6 litres a day and im still pretty thirsty at times. my sister drinks about 2 cups of water a day and says she is never thirsty. i can't imagine drinking so little. but the pissing issue is fucking annoying. when i work my shifts its really annoying to have to keep taking toilet breaks and often i cut down on water and feel pretty dehydrated. need to drink all the time is a pain  :-\

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 05:49:32 AM »
Increased water intake is not without some benefit.
It can help deter developing urinary tract infections if you are prone to them.

Also, drinking more water can help rid your body of retained fluids (retention/bloat).
Dehydration, or even just lower water levels, activates anti-diuretic hormone (ADH), which discourages the body from excreting as much fluid, instead storing it in organs and subcutaneously.
ADH is, essentially, a defense mechanism to protect your body from losing too many fluids. Drinking more water basically deactivates ADH, convincing the body that it’s getting adequate amounts, and negating the need to “hoard” it.