Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
March 27, 2015, 05:46:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My kid last night hitting 480lbs  (Read 4485 times)
Nails
Getbig V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqVI2DmLI2Q

« Reply #200 on: Today at 11:50:40 AM »

Don't rack pin DLs just shorten the range of motion?   That's not what Box squats do.

Huh

Report to moderator   Logged
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #201 on: Today at 11:51:27 AM »

Then is the rack pin the DL equivalent of the box squat?
Yes, imo.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Coach is Back!
Competitors
Getbig V

He won by a "landslide" lol

« Reply #202 on: Today at 11:53:07 AM »

Well you're right. Still I kind of feel like the hex bar, just like the box squat, is a way for some
to inflate their numbers. It's a deadlift yet it isn't.

Specifically for us we use the trap bar as a performance tool and not as a replacement for a straight bar in most cases and at different times depending on what phase we're in. Example, the trap bar dead is considered a knee dominant lift used mostly for athletes in skill positions (RB, DB/Safety, Wide Receiver, QB) as well as baseball, basketball and most other sports that require staying the "athletic" stance. These are the athletes that explode out of their first step in an athletic stance while the straight bar would be more hip dominant used mostly for athletes such as linebackers, lineman, etc. These athletes start their first step usually in the three point stance, lower to the ground. make sense?
Nails
Getbig V

« Reply #203 on: Today at 11:53:55 AM »

Coach is Back!
Competitors
Getbig V

« Reply #204 on: Today at 12:07:29 PM »

Huh

Touch and go ^^^ we don't do that. We sit back on the box placing the shin angle behind the toes. "Touch and go" IMO is used more for lifters that can't gauge depth.
tommywishbone
Competitors II
Getbig V

Biscuit

« Reply #205 on: Today at 12:09:59 PM »

God damn it!  I still can't find the working video of the young man hitting 480!  Angry

P
Grape Ape
Getbig V

Alphamod / Y board approved

« Reply #206 on: Today at 12:10:59 PM »

Touch and go ^^^ we don't do that. We sit back on the box placing the shin angle behind the toes. "Touch and go" IMO is used more for lifters that can't gauge depth.

Thanks, that's what I was getting at.

Y
Coach is Back!
Competitors
Getbig V

« Reply #207 on: Today at 12:19:40 PM »

Personally I think this turned into a decent training thread. Makes everyone think...I think.
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #208 on: Today at 12:26:50 PM »

Personally I think this turned into a decent training thread. Makes everyone think...I think.
I'll have it moved to the training board.....

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Coach is Back!
Competitors
Getbig V

« Reply #209 on: Today at 12:28:00 PM »

I'll have it moved to the training board.....

Nooooooo...it'll get buried. Wait, we have a training board? lol
Mawse
Getbig IV

« Reply #210 on: Today at 12:32:16 PM »

feel the same way about sumo pullers, that's not a deadlift

yeah, except no as most records are conventional and even equipped sumo pullers struggle to come close to the top raw conventional pullers

did someone really say they squatted 315 for 31 earlier in the thread? I guess the vid of that will be as elusive as coaches vid of his son squatting 480  Undecided

juruth
Getbig III

« Reply #211 on: Today at 12:50:02 PM »

Nooooooo...it'll get buried. Wait, we have a training board? lol
Coach is Back!
Competitors
Getbig V

« Reply #212 on: Today at 12:58:21 PM »

yeah, except no as most records are conventional and even equipped sumo pullers struggle to come close to the top raw conventional pullers

did someone really say they squatted 315 for 31 earlier in the thread? I guess the vid of that will be as elusive as coaches vid of his son squatting 480  Undecided

Roll Eyes

*sigh
Never1AShow
Getbig III

« Reply #213 on: Today at 05:03:48 PM »

I said it in the other thread about hardest workout ever.  Right after someone else said he had done 32.  There were no cell phone cameras or even cell phones back then.  Only one witness I could call.
Van_Bilderass
Getbig V

"Don't Try"

« Reply #214 on: Today at 05:07:49 PM »

I get that angle too.  I look at box/hex as ways to improve/compliment traditional lifts, not replace.

BUT, I do feel that the hex is a lot safer, and the more I think about it, maybe should replace the DL (outside of competitive powerlifting, of course).

Hex may be safer but it's a completely different lift. Hex becomes more of a squat, less hamstrings and lower back. But if it helps your sport then go right ahead. The poundages aren't transferable to the regular deadlift.
Van_Bilderass
Getbig V

"Don't Try"

« Reply #215 on: Today at 05:11:58 PM »

feel the same way about sumo pullers, that's not a deadlift

Yeah, I even know an elite powerlifter who only sumos in comps who says sumos aren't a "real" deadlift.
He says regular deadlifts says more about someones overall strength when unequipped.
Fortress
Getbig V

« Reply #216 on: Today at 05:12:45 PM »

When I read this, I was like, I don't recall mentioning how many reps I've done with 315. MY best ever with three plates is 31, as well. Strange. There's a video of me doing 25 on YouTube but that obviously isn't my best ... as, as I say, I've done 31. On the day I did the 25, me and a buddy had driven down from Toronto to Akron to visit some friends and have some fun lifting at my old training place, Bodybuilders (shout out to Pep and the crew!). The 25 was done after benching. I hit two sets of 10 with 315 and then did a touch-and-go with 405. Then we squatted. And THEN I deadlifted. It was frigging hot that day, too.

Fun times, all around.  
Nails
Getbig V

« Reply #217 on: Today at 05:28:55 PM »

I hit 315 for 30reps myself , maybe 8 years ago I was 28 at them time probably, 405 for 10, and 500 for 2

I never pushed it because I never used a spotter and my gym only had these squat racks

Oh and ass to grass squats, I was more impressed with myself hitting 500lbs, no belt, no knee wraps

Fortress
Getbig V

« Reply #218 on: Today at 05:32:29 PM »

I hit 315 for 30reps myself , maybe 8 years ago I was 28 at them time probably, 405 for 10, and 500 for 2

I never pushed it because I never used a spotter and my gym only had these squat racks

Oh and ass to grass squats, I was more impressed with myself hitting 500lbs, no belt, no knee wraps

Nice lifting, man. I know first-hand the psych focus it takes to go for big reps with a heavy weight.
Nails
Getbig V

« Reply #219 on: Today at 05:38:49 PM »

Nice lifting, man. I know first-hand the psych focus it takes to go for big reps with a heavy weight.

Last year I was training to dead lift over 600lbs I got to 555 didnt property warm up trying to hit 560 and blew my lower back out for 3days LMFAO, I quit after that

I try my best to just go in and hit the weights with moderate weight but the challenge of lifting heavy always takes over
Fortress
Getbig V

« Reply #220 on: Today at 05:42:11 PM »

Last year I was training to dead lift over 600lbs I got to 555 didnt property warm up trying to hit 560 and blew my lower back out for 3days LMFAO, I quit after that

I try my best to just go in and hit the weights with moderate weight but the challenge of lifting heavy always takes over

That sucks. But getting injured is just a part of the game. Ed Coan once told me the trick to building great strength is the ability to avoid CATASTROPHIC injury.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!