Author Topic: Wrestlers = Independent contractors  (Read 1295 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Wrestlers = Independent contractors
« on: October 26, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
I always read that most Wrestlers are independent contractors(claim all expenses on their own taxes) but how is it that they sign contracts when they aren't getting paid?

I read that Punks new contract allows him to fly first class and I beleive a limo, if he is an indendent contractor then how does this work out?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Wrestlers = Independent contractors
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »
In one word: LAWYERS.

Seriously though, I worked twice in my life as an independent contractor, and both times I signed an employment contract.
There are lots of stipulations the employer can and does include; maybe some are not entirely appropriate/within their rights, but it would cost the employee money to find out and fight it if the need arose.

Whether the terms and conditions are within legal parameters or not, once you sign the dotted line, you are bound by everything.
Contesting anything is a major hastle.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: Wrestlers = Independent contractors
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:01:11 AM »
In one word: LAWYERS.

Seriously though, I worked twice in my life as an independent contractor, and both times I signed an employment contract.
There are lots of stipulations the employer can and does include; maybe some are not entirely appropriate/within their rights, but it would cost the employee money to find out and fight it if the need arose.

Whether the terms and conditions are within legal parameters or not, once you sign the dotted line, you are bound by everything.
Contesting anything is a major hastle.

Well said.