Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 24, 2014, 11:14:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 NPC Nationals - Nov 18-19 - Miami, Florida - Info  (Read 10935 times)
Wiggs
Getbig V

Child of Y'srael

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 07:12:39 AM »

only 10/15 yrs ago the nationals handed out 9 to 10 pro cards between men/womens classes.

It's called greed masked as something else. Nothing more.
Report to moderator   Logged

Krankenstein
Getbig V

OMG I JUST BURNT OUT MY CNS. HELP ME JOE

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 07:14:39 AM »

lol...not quite.  Many are there for as many different reasons..personal goals, getting their feet wet at the National level, trying to improve from their last show, and of course, the pro card for others...

Chick....seriously....I can buy the "compete for different reasons" stuff on a local or state level....but at nationals?  Seriously...I doubt you could find more than 2 - 3 that would not be there for the chance to turn "pro" in their reasons for competing

With so many competitors...its like an audition for American Idol....FFS
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 07:19:47 AM »

It's called greed masked as something else. Nothing more.
i give bob credit as a spokesman and keeping his ties to bbing so strong,,,but local,state, level shows have loosened there qualifing strings to let a lot of so/so people qualify and get ideas there ready for national stage .most people know if there ready or not but there seems to be more competitiors who lack that 'wow he looks like a pro ready guy/girl'.some classes in past had top 10 looked pro potential.

$
BiGHer
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 07:56:10 AM »

Chick,

I respect your opinions on this board as I have stated before and of course respect you as a pro bodybuilder, but I have question.  It doesn't apply much to me because I do bodybuilding, but I am little lost on some things:

What exactly are they looking for in the figure and physique divisions?

Let me explain:  When I go an watch a bodybuilding competition, I'm usually not far off when I watch the quarter turns about predicting who will be first call out.  Bodybuilding has a pretty set criteria.  If you are the biggest, most conditioned, and better proportioned competitor on stage, you will win (generally).  If not, you can get specific feedback (i.e. you need more size or you held water, etc.) and go from there.  It is also bodybuidling.  You are supposed to be forever growing and improving... BUILDING.

I don't get this with Men's Physique though?  You can't be too big, but not too small.  You can be ripped but not too ripped, etc etc.  How is one supposed to improve in Mens Physique?  Is it a competition to see who can maintain their beach body the best?  Is it just to put a cap on the level of drug use?  Also with womens Figure.  I have a friend who competes in this.  At first she had too much muscle and was too ripped.  She placed 6th.  Got feedback from judges, made changes, brought a different package and placed 6th again.  then they told her she needed to shrink down even more, she did and brought a much more soft feminine package with a lot less muscle and it showed via weight on the scale too and placed 6th again.  I then get confused because I'll see Erin Stern look shredded and win a show.  Then Nicole Wilkins will win and have a much softer look.  I know it's all subjective, but what is the criteria with these mid-level classes?  What are they looking for?
drmarkp
Getbig II

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 08:02:04 AM »

1,000 people in a race for a "Plastic Trophy" HAHAHAHAHA

how many plastic trophies have you won? why? why not?
SamsonD
Getbig II

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 09:26:23 AM »

its very good there are 1000 competitors,, it will be much better if there will be 2000 and 3000 ,, its better for bodybuild so more fellas know about it and more fellas aware that hormones should be legalized in americana ...or uncontrolled once again like they used to be,, the more fellas compete...the more familys are aware of bodybuild...the more people introduced once again to bodybuild...and the more exposure it gets = goverment can nto ignore it forever ,, the bigger it gets the more influence it wil have

gh15 approved

This right here.
Bring on the men's physique and the bikini girls and whatever else the NPC/IFBB wants to add.  More competitors isn't just good for the promoters it's good for all of us.  I keep hearing people talk about the "plastic trophy"...
Get over it.  People do this for a variety of different reasons.  I doubt very many of the 1000 competitors this weekend would say they are there for the plastic trophy alone.
MB
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 09:29:37 AM »

Having 10,000 competitors would be great, but stop trying to cram it into 2 days with TBD show times because one division spills over into the next. 
wes
Competitors
Getbig V

The Power Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 09:49:27 AM »

That`s gonna` be a helluva` long show and an ordeal for those competing.

I just did the North America which had over 400 competitors and though Gary Udit and company kept things moving and running smoothly as they always do,it was tough being so depleted and waiting around a lot,but that`s how it goes.

1000 competitors is great for the sport,but tough on all involved including judges and expeditors,not to mention the contestants.

Bodybuilding is growing though,which is a good thing.

Am I losing it or did I mention growth hormone kits in my previous post Huh

GEEZUS!!
BiGHer
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »

One thing the NPC/IFBB does need to work on is how the shows are run.  I have been to several of them now and many times they start late (meaning like not 15 mins late, a couple of hours), they can go well into the night, and are at times poorly organized.  I can see it with a small local show and a 1st time promoter, but when it happens at the IFBB level, it's pretty sad  Sad.

How many football games do you guys watch that don't start on time?  How many basketball games have you been to where the entrance music doesn't play?  If you go to an IFBB or NPC event though, music being off or things running late are common.  If shows are going to start have thousands of competitors, they will need to be spread out over more days to make it run better which complicates things even more because athletes have a difficult time peaking for 1 day, let alone 2 or 3.  The fact that more people are competing and getting into the fitness world is a great thing, but these events need to start being run a bit better.  It's like the old business motto "Act as if."  If you want to be treated like a high level competitive sport, you need to act as if it is a highlevel competitive sport and treat it as such.

Just 2 pennies...
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »

One thing the NPC/IFBB does need to work on is how the shows are run.  I have been to several of them now and many times they start late (meaning like not 15 mins late, a couple of hours), they can go well into the night, and are at times poorly organized.  I can see it with a small local show and a 1st time promoter, but when it happens at the IFBB level, it's pretty sad  Sad.

How many football games do you guys watch that don't start on time?  How many basketball games have you been to where the entrance music doesn't play?  If you go to an IFBB or NPC event though, music being off or things running late are common.  If shows are going to start have thousands of competitors, they will need to be spread out over more days to make it run better which complicates things even more because athletes have a difficult time peaking for 1 day, let alone 2 or 3.  The fact that more people are competing and getting into the fitness world is a great thing, but these events need to start being run a bit better.  It's like the old business motto "Act as if."  If you want to be treated like a high level competitive sport, you need to act as if it is a highlevel competitive sport and treat it as such.

Just 2 pennies...
good points on both ur post's,,,but 1st post u mentioned men's physique is like putting a cap on how much one is taking or going to take to keep size down or level of extreme hardness/drieness ,,some of those dude's can compete in novice or open class .i think it's maybe less duration on and not blowing up too heavy offseason ,,keep compounds simple not overboard all year,,who knows.

$
Schmoe Buster
Getbig V

Unnatural Bodybuilder

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »

I wonder how many 5iu warriors are going to show up there and get their feelings hurt...

Undecided

Grin Grin Grin

Thunderdome approved
Ron
Getbigistrator
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 12:42:55 PM »

only 10/15 yrs ago the nationals handed out 9 to 10 pro cards between men/womens classes.

I think all classes get a Pro Card at Nationals.  This is approx how many pro cards will be given.

NPC Mens BB is 7.
NPC Womens BB is 3 or 4.
NPC Bikini is 6
NPC Figure is 6.
NPC Mens Physique is 3
NPC Womens Physique is 3

This is Nationals - the best compete here. 

10-15 years ago, all they had at Nationals was Bodybuilding (Men/Womens) so that is right.

Parker
Getbig V

Autobots, Transform and Roll Out!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 12:55:16 PM »

When you increase the quantity like this, you decrease the quality....
The only upside is that there are more bikini chicks to oogle at judge.
stuntmovie
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »

RON, I'm hoping that you'll be placing your National's comments here as they happen ...
starting with the competitors' list which will most likely fill up one complete page, the prejudging call outs which usually forecast the top five of each event, your personal opinion of who should win and who should lose, and the final results ... maybe even a copy of the official judges' tabulation sheet.

Even more interesting would be your comments regarding how well the show was run with that many contestants (1,000??!!) including any valid remarks regarding things that you may have observed that would help in the planning of future NPC events that may draw a large number of contenders.

My best regards to all the contestants (I know a couple), the promoters, and the NPC officials who will be doing their best to make the right decisions.

Gonna be interesting to see how it all turns out.

stuntmovie
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 02:47:30 PM »

GANGSTA! What do you mean by this statement.

"When you increase the quantity like this, you decrease the quality...."

I don't agree .... but maybe I may not be understanding what you mean.

newmom
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2011, 02:51:28 PM »

GANGSTA! What do you mean by this statement.

"When you increase the quantity like this, you decrease the quality...."

I don't agree .... but maybe I may not be understanding what you mean.

I don't think you did Stunt. I agree with you. Nationals, you never know who comes out of the woodwork. Seen dudes compete in big nyc shows per se, and get their ass handed to them.
Chick
Getbig V

sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »

Chick,

I respect your opinions on this board as I have stated before and of course respect you as a pro bodybuilder, but I have question.  It doesn't apply much to me because I do bodybuilding, but I am little lost on some things:

What exactly are they looking for in the figure and physique divisions?

Let me explain:  When I go an watch a bodybuilding competition, I'm usually not far off when I watch the quarter turns about predicting who will be first call out.  Bodybuilding has a pretty set criteria.  If you are the biggest, most conditioned, and better proportioned competitor on stage, you will win (generally).  If not, you can get specific feedback (i.e. you need more size or you held water, etc.) and go from there.  It is also bodybuidling.  You are supposed to be forever growing and improving... BUILDING.

What theyre looking for is a "Look", and much like in BB, you can spot one fairly easily if you know what youre looking for.  First and foremost...genetically gifted competitors will automatically separate themselves from the pack...proportion, symmetry, shape, structure are the key elements...then you get into conditioning, musculature, color/ presentation/ looks.

I don't get this with Men's Physique though?  You can't be too big, but not too small.  You can be ripped but not too ripped, etc etc.  How is one supposed to improve in Mens Physique?  Is it a competition to see who can maintain their beach body the best?  Is it just to put a cap on the level of drug use? 

Same answer as above applies to mens physique...and you pretty much summed it up...big, but not too big/ muscular, lean, but not emaciated.  How one improves is directly proportionate to what they need improvements on....If youre winning, then probably not much to be done.  Maintainence mode....drug use is irrelevant, as is how much you bench, or how much anyone sacrificed to get there...judges judge on whats in front of them...

Also with womens Figure.  I have a friend who competes in this.  At first she had too much muscle and was too ripped.  She placed 6th.  Got feedback from judges, made changes, brought a different package and placed 6th again.  then they told her she needed to shrink down even more, she did and brought a much more soft feminine package with a lot less muscle and it showed via weight on the scale too and placed 6th again.  I then get confused because I'll see Erin Stern look shredded and win a show.  Then Nicole Wilkins will win and have a much softer look.  I know it's all subjective, but what is the criteria with these mid-level classes?  What are they looking for?

Youre friends situation is tough to explain as there are too many factors to list...how her physique changed ( if at all)..if it was an insignificant change....if her body structure just isnt as good as others...bringing "much less muscle" is reletive to how much they were carrying to begin with...i.e.- if your friend was 15 lbs too muscular, then even if she drops 5 lbs, shes still 10 lbs. over the top and STILL doesnt meet the criteria to place better...

also factors like different shows and different competitors standing next to them can illicit the same placing...the fact that shes placiong outside the top 5 tells me shes either not put together that well, or is WAY too muscular, whereas theyre able to place 5 girls ahead of her...and its tough to go 5 deep with that great of quality...

Hope this helps in clarifying...
Borracho
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2011, 03:18:26 PM »

its very good there are 1000 competitors,, it will be much better if there will be 2000 and 3000 ,, its better for bodybuild so more fellas know about it and more fellas aware that hormones should be legalized in americana ...or uncontrolled once again like they used to be,, the more fellas compete...the more familys are aware of bodybuild...the more people introduced once again to bodybuild...and the more exposure it gets = goverment can nto ignore it forever ,, the bigger it gets the more influence it wil have

gh15 approved

Why don't you just call your friends in washington and save us all the time.
wes
Competitors
Getbig V

The Power Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 03:33:47 PM »

Good post Bob.
biff
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »

Bodybuilding is growing though,which is a good thing.

no.  bikini and mens physique are growing.

wes
Competitors
Getbig V

The Power Cosmic

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 05:18:49 PM »

no.  bikini and mens physique are growing.

That too.  Smiley
muscle19
Getbig IV

Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 05:33:37 PM »

its just like the guys that play rec. bball leagues, risk hurting themselves for a ribbon, a marithon runner training his ass off for a show that wins a trophy, who gives a shit what these people do, if they like to compete, this is perfect for them! its much more than a trophy dumbass lol fucking clueless people on this board who have nothing better to do than to hate on others that love to compete REGARDLESS at what they are competing at. flame me all you want cause im off to the gym to train for my national show Smiley fuck off losers

muscle
War-Horse
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »

They need to seperate the shows cuz its ridiculous to see prejudging last 6 hours....
Hulkotron
Getbig V

Step by step with barbells to be outstanding

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 05:36:24 PM »

Many great battles will be waged.
muscle19
Getbig IV

Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »

im not too big on the mens physique or bikini, the bikini gives us "straight" dudes something nice to look at but i dont like it personally, keep it bb, fitness which is amazing! true strenght and their routines are crazy good, and figure, great shape, little muscle but not over board, womens bb needs to scale things back a bit but to each her own, do what you feel works

muscle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!