Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 19, 2014, 04:17:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHOGUN VS HENDO: BEST FIGHT IN YEARS  (Read 2119 times)
GraniteCityDon
Getbig IV

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 06:32:47 AM »

I thought there was a strong chance that Hendo was going to finish him in the first, had his chances in the second and when he smashed him with the right and got on him i thought game over. Amazing resilience from Shogun, i thought for sure he would quit due to exhaustion but he kept going and could have won the fight by stoppage / submission with a little more energy.

For sure round 5 was a 10 - 8 but there's a case that Hendo won one 10 - 8 also, they were NEVER all 10 - 9 rounds i will say that much. Judges werent honest with themselves on that point and should have had the courage to follow through and score it as they honestly saw it.

I applaud Dana for introducing the 5 round non-title fight because had this been a 3 round fight then we wouldnt have been talking about anything other than Shogun being dismantled and over the hill / finished at elite level MMA. Now we are discussing why this fight can be viewed amongst the greatest of all time and i for one would LOVE to see a rematch. The only negative was this card should have been the Fox debut, one of the best cards ive seen for a long time.
Report to moderator   Logged
apply85
Getbig IV

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 07:10:59 AM »

che is right, the best fights are the lighter weight classes, cuz theyre the best fighters
jedibrat
Getbig III

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 07:25:28 AM »

looks like Shogun dirty bulked  Grin

Yeah dude looked in his worst condition yet, but he gassed in round 2 in previous fights, so looks are deceiving. Incredible fight nonetheless.
jedibrat
Getbig III

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 07:33:18 AM »

He was looing sharper at the weigh in. Guess he loads cards and water heavily after making weight.

Radical Plato
Getbig V

Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 07:39:49 AM »

but the judge who didn't probably went along
SUCKMYMUSCLE
Yeah, I can see the logic in the conspiracy theory argument.  So your saying even though Henderson smashed Shoguns face in for five rounds, so badly that his mother wouldn't recognise him that the American Judge still wasn't convinced enough so decided that the fact Henderson come from the same country as him was enough for him to falsify his score sheet thus jeopardising his career and reputation and releasing some unconscious racist bias lurking in his physche.  Yeah, I see, maybe the judge did just go along.

V
GraniteCityDon
Getbig IV

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 08:30:02 AM »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, from my perspective, Shogun's final round secured a 47 - 47 draw. Its all subjective and any genuine opinion holds as much value as the next but that'show i saw it.
Dreadlifter
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 08:34:22 AM »

It was an unanimous decision. I disagree with that. I think Hendo won the first three rounds but lost the last two. It should have been a split decision. I think the fact that Hendo is American might have played a role here.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I was shocked to see all 3 judges in Hendo's favour, i thought it was going to be a split decision. I don't think a draw would've had me too surprised either.

Got a lot of respect for Shogun now, wasn't too big a fan of him prior to this battle.

Great card on paper, great to watch.
Migs
Getbig V

THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 09:16:33 AM »

i had Hendo 3 rounds to 2.  It was a great fight.  great recovery from both of them.  Truly one of the better fights in a while. 

MMM BOOBIES
Benny B
Time Out
Getbig V

Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 09:42:19 AM »

It was good, but neither fighter is winning a belt any time soon.

!
The.Giant
Getbig IV

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2011, 11:28:02 PM »

It was an unanimous decision. I disagree with that. I think Hendo won the first three rounds but lost the last two. It should have been a split decision. I think the fact that Hendo is American might have played a role here.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

lol, impressive intellectual reasoning. You just revolutionized mathematics.

It's Hip to be Square!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!