Author Topic: Occupy Starbucks..  (Read 6872 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: Occupy Starbucks..
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2011, 08:58:52 AM »
starbucks treats their employees very well. much better than the market would determine. they are a good corporation.

x2

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2011, 09:04:42 AM »
could someone raise a family and own a home with one of the salaries of the cash register ppl like you believe they should be able to?

Starbucks pays the baristas hourly wages above other fasd food chains  plus they get all the benefits a full time employees gets which incluse medical ins, vacation, tution reimbursment, 401 k , plus granted stock as well as tips whch avg. about $1.00 to $2.00 an hr. Management positions is where you can make good money and live a comfortable living which include having a house and cars... etc...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
No, but not all "jobs" should have to do this. Starbucks sells drinks. These are very good jobs for college kids or recent grads who can't find a high paying job.
not according to cumdrizzle, in his mind a part time high school worker should make enough to support a family and own a home...

I SHIT YOU NOT!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2011, 09:15:08 AM »

Starbucks pays the baristas hourly wages above other fasd food chains  plus they get all the benefits a full time employees gets which incluse medical ins, vacation, tution reimbursment, 401 k , plus granted stock as well as tips whch avg. about $1.00 to $2.00 an hr. Management positions is where you can make good money and live a comfortable living which include having a house and cars... etc...
wonderful, doesnt address the point...

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2011, 09:16:46 AM »

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2011, 09:25:12 AM »

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »
not according to cumdrizzle, in his mind a part time high school worker should make enough to support a family and own a home...

I SHIT YOU NOT!!!

::) ::) ::)
D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2011, 09:32:40 AM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2011, 09:33:15 AM »
By me for one. However, I wasn't being very clear in my earlier post. He is highly regarded for his humanitarianism (in part due to his tireless work with Habitat for Humanity and his overall humility and honesty.

Below, I have outlined some of his accomplishments since his Presidency ended:

Notwithstanding perceptions while Carter was in office, his reputation has much improved. Carter's presidential approval rating, which sat at 31% just prior to the 1980 election, was polled in early 2009 at 64%. Carter's continued post-Presidency activities have also been favorably received. Carter explains that a great deal of this change was owed to Reagan's successor, George H. W. Bush, who actively sought him out and was far more courteous and interested in his advice than Reagan had been.

In 2002, President Carter received the Nobel Peace Prize for his work "to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development" through The Carter Center.Three sitting presidents, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Barack Obama, have received the prize; Carter is unique in receiving the award for his actions after leaving the presidency. He is, along with Martin Luther King, Jr., one of only two native Georgians to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

Bill Clinton secretly recruited Carter to undertake a peace mission to North Korea, under the guise that it was a private mission of Carter's. Clinton saw Carter as a way to let North Korean President Kim Il-sung back down without losing face.

Carter negotiated an understanding with Kim Il-sung, but went further and outlined a treaty, which he announced on CNN without the permission of the Clinton White House as a way to force the US into action. The Clinton Administration signed a later version of the Agreed Framework, under which North Korea agreed to freeze and ultimately dismantle its current nuclear program and comply with its nonproliferation obligations in exchange for oil deliveries, the construction of two light water reactors to replace its graphite reactors, and discussions for eventual diplomatic relations.

The agreement was widely hailed at the time as a significant diplomatic achievement.

In August 2010, Carter traveled to North Korea in an attempt to secure the release of Aijalon Mahli Gomes. Gomes, a U.S. citizen, was sentenced to eight years of hard labor after being found guilty of illegally entering North Korea. Carter successfully secured the release.

Carter and experts from The Carter Center assisted unofficial Israeli and Palestinian negotiators in designing a model agreement for peace–-called the Geneva Accord–-in 2002–2003.

Carter has also in recent years become a frequent critic of Israel's policies in Lebanon, West Bank, and Gaza.

Carter visited Cuba in May 2002 and had full discussions with Fidel Castro and the Cuban government. He was allowed to address the Cuban public uncensored on national television and radio with a speech that he wrote and presented in Spanish. In the speech, he called on the US to end "an ineffective 43-year-old economic embargo" and on Castro to hold free elections, improve human rights, and allow greater civil liberties. He met with political dissidents; visited the AIDS sanitarium, a medical school, a biotech facility, an agricultural production cooperative, and a school for disabled children; and threw a pitch for an all-star baseball game in Havana. The visit made Carter the first President of the United States, in or out of office, to visit the island since the Cuban revolution of 1959.

These are but a few of his accomplishments since his Presidency.

Carter was one of them and supported the communist agenda, why else do you think he was able to this? It's not exactly a secret he was friends these dictators. Do you actually think he had a way about him that no one else did?  

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2011, 10:09:15 AM »
Carter was one of them and supported the communist agenda, why else do you think he was able to this? It's not exactly a secret he was friends these dictators. Do you actually think he had a way about him that no one else did?  
LOL. For once in your life, Coach, pick up a book.  ;D 

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2011, 01:21:14 PM »
Doesn't happen too often...but I'm with coach on this one!

Whiny idiots!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »

Yes I do.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2011, 01:33:28 PM »
No, but not all "jobs" should have to do this. Starbucks sells drinks. These are very good jobs for college kids or recent grads who can't find a high paying job.
Stabucks also sells "gourmet" premade meals...their couscous curry chicken is the shit...but, these meals are highly overpriced.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2011, 01:36:15 PM »
Stabucks also sells "gourmet" premade meals...their couscous curry chicken is the shit...but, these meals are highly overpriced.

I agree with you on Starbucks pricing on some food items. The breakfast sandwiches are priced OK, but I think $6 for an egg salad sandwich is a bit much....and yet, I pay the price because I am too lazy to make an egg salad sandwich at home.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »
Jimmy makes the best coffee

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2011, 03:38:23 PM »