Author Topic: Noxplode BSN  (Read 7622 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Noxplode BSN
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 11:00:47 PM »
yes, a drug is traditionally defined as anything that alters physiology when consumed. Thus everything is truly a drug its just the potency and effect that differs, some a shit drugs and some things are pharmaceuticals.

Going by this logic, then the ultraviolet rays from the Sun are also drugs since it affects our physiology. Again, this is a matter of conceptualization and definition. This is arbitrary, but usually a drug has the following two characteristics:

1. It is put inside the body(inhalation, intravenous injection, ingestion)..

2. It is not air, water and lacks nutritional properties.

Speaking of caffeine, I am still unsuccesful in losing the habit. I will follow your advice and titrate.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 10:11:52 AM »
  Going by this logic, then the ultraviolet rays from the Sun are also drugs since it affects our physiology. Again, this is a matter of conceptualization and definition. This is arbitrary, but usually a drug has the following two characteristics:

Speaking of caffeine, I am still unsuccesful in losing the habit. I will follow your advice and titrate.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

yes clarification is required, but you do not consume UV rays. The definition i provided is the generally accepted one, what is creates is a continuum if which drugs based on strength and characteristics can be classified.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 10:13:43 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

some nutrients are drugs like lithium, i would classify that as a drug and a potent one at that. There are many more examples like this and to remove things because they have nutritional properties further complicates the matter.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 04:15:08 PM »
some nutrients are drugs like lithium, i would classify that as a drug and a potent one at that. There are many more examples like this and to remove things because they have nutritional properties further complicates the matter.

The semantics of the word "drug" is imprecise and nebulous, thus allowing the concept to be expanded to encompass pretty much everything. But a word that describes everything has no meaning, because words are terms of description of aspects of reality and not of all of it. Because of this the word drug is used to describe substances, other than food and water, that affect your physiology. Caffeine is not needed to sustain life and affects your physiology, thus being best described as a drug and not a food.

Lithium is included in the food category because it is needed in the diet and I defined drugs as substances other than food and water that affects your physiology, just like Mercury which is also found in certain foods and affects your physiology but is not needed. Besides, using your definition it means nothing, because sugar also affects your mood causing drowsiness by raising serotonin levels,. Should we classify sugar as a drug? What about Magnesium? It makes your sleepy, and is a nutrient. Should we call it a drug too? If we are going to drug as anything that affects your physiology, then we should abolish the word food as it becomes redundant since all foods by definition affect your physiology. We should also abolish the words "Oxygen" and "ulteraviolet rays" since they also affect your physiology and could just be called drugs. A drug is a substance, other than food and water, which affects your physiology. The terms in bold qualify the precision of the definition.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
yes clarification is required, but you do not consume UV rays. The definition i provided is the generally accepted one, what is creates is a continuum if which drugs based on strength and characteristics can be classified.

Define "consume". Your body consumes UV rays to turn carotenes into vitamin A, for instance, or to manufacture cholecalciferol.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 10:12:49 AM »
 The semantics of the word "drug" is imprecise and nebulous, thus allowing the concept to be expanded to encompass pretty much everything. But a word that describes everything has no meaning, because words are terms of description of aspects of reality and not of all of it. Because of this the word drug is used to describe substances, other than food and water, that affect your physiology. Caffeine is not needed to sustain life and affects your physiology, thus being best described as a drug and not a food.

Lithium is included in the food category because it is needed in the diet and I defined drugs as substances other than food and water that affects your physiology, just like Mercury which is also found in certain foods and affects your physiology but is not needed. Besides, using your definition it means nothing, because sugar also affects your mood causing drowsiness by raising serotonin levels,. Should we classify sugar as a drug? What about Magnesium? It makes your sleepy, and is a nutrient. Should we call it a drug too? If we are going to drug as anything that affects your physiology, then we should abolish the word food as it becomes redundant since all foods by definition affect your physiology. We should also abolish the words "Oxygen" and "ulteraviolet rays" since they also affect your physiology and could just be called drugs. A drug is a substance, other than food and water, which affects your physiology. The terms in bold qualify the precision of the definition.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
caffiene is found in food .. just to name one.. well, actually most drugs are found in food.. lol

suckmymuscle

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 04:54:41 PM »
caffiene is found in food .. just to name one.. well, actually most drugs are found in food.. lol

First of all it is not found in food...most of the foods that contain caffeine have close to no calories and nutrients. Secondly, caffeine in itself is a drug and not a food, regardless of it being found in food. Chocolate is a food and contains theobromine, but this doesen't change the fact that theobromine in itself has zero nutritional properties.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 05:12:51 PM »
 First of all it is not found in food...most of the foods that contain caffeine have close to no calories and nutrients. Secondly, caffeine in itself is a drug and not a food, regardless of it being found in food. Chocolate is a food and contains theobromine, but this doesen't change the fact that theobromine in itself has zero nutritional properties.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
 i get your point but if something is found in food then how do you seperate it form the food category ??  i think your original definition, non-nutritious, would be better then "not a food"..

although both definitions are far from perfect. for example, a virus is not a food and is non nutritious but profundly effects physiology. a virus is not a drug.

im thinking..  drug=  a chemical, either found in nature or synthesized by man, used in medicine or in recreation to effect physiology in a desired manner. 

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 03:12:13 AM »
Here is a review of all the PreWorkouts..... I have never really gotten a blood bursting pump persay but I use them for the creatine and caffeine aspect

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=372231.0

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 04:10:24 PM »
Who cares about the definition, tbomz original point stands that...pre-workout supplements will not have any noticeable effect on your physique whether taken or not...in conclusion waste of money.

These were hardly around just several years ago yet the quality of physiques has not improved since the pre-workout supplement fad started.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
I agree with Bigbobs.
No Preworkout drink is going to magically get you more cut.  The whole premise has always been a good pre workout drink will get you off your ASS and into the gym.  After that it comes down to lifestyle. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2011, 12:27:36 PM »
Who cares about the definition, tbomz original point stands that...pre-workout supplements will not have any noticeable effect on your physique whether taken or not...in conclusion waste of money.

These were hardly around just several years ago yet the quality of physiques has not improved since the pre-workout supplement fad started.

i wouldnt buy them.