Author Topic: Bob Chick's Dad is Very Sick  (Read 13658 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: Bob Chick's Dad is Very Sick
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2011, 12:05:04 AM »
Hoping for the best, Chick.

Stay strong, Bob.
D

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2011, 12:07:43 AM »
Well I hope your dad is fine Bob. People do overcome this. I'll give you a call.
and keep moving!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2011, 12:58:58 AM »
Best wishes for Chick sr..

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 01:12:29 AM »
Prayers sent.

Swlabr

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 01:15:40 AM »
All the best, Bob's dad, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2011, 01:18:55 AM »
Stay strong.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2011, 01:30:38 AM »
Sorry but prayers don't do anything, but I do feel sorry for Bob's dad, let's not be mean to Bob in this time, let the man be.

That's the best you can do?

[edit] Sorry, but IN MY OPINION prayers don't do anything ~ and you warn people not to be "mean?"

Pathetic.

Prayers and the belief in God's will go out to your father, Bob.

In prayer you can ask for what you want. It doesn't mean that you always get what you want. You don't ask for a Ferrari to be parked in your driveway... like God is Santa Claus or something. You are acknowledging God's providence of sovereignty.

If your father is in the hospital, maybe you can check out "Caring Bridge" which most hospitals have nowdays. It's a connection to people who care, family, friends, etc., ~ all by way of the internet.

My brother has been paralyzed for 5 weeks now. The Caring Bridge connection has over 5000 hits, journal and guestbook entries...all from people who believe in the power of prayer and good wishes.

Swlabr

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2011, 01:31:55 AM »

[edit] Sorry, but IN MY OPINION prayers don't do anything ~ and you warn people not to be "mean?"

Pathetic.

In prayer you can ask for what you want. It doesn't mean that you always get what you want. You don't ask for a Ferrari to be parked in your driveway... like God is Santa Claus or something. You are acknowledging God's providence of sovereignty.

If your father is in the hospital, maybe you can check out "Caring Bridge" which most hospitals have nowdays. It's a connection to people who care, family, friends, etc., ~ all by way of the internet.

My brother has been paralyzed for 5 weeks now. The Caring Bridge connection has over 5000 hits, journal and guestbook entries...all from people who believe in the power of prayer and good wishes.

But if God has a divine plan, what good is prayer? God's not going to change his divine plan for you, how selfish to even think that...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2011, 01:38:28 AM »
Best wishes for Chickster Sr.'s speedy recovery.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2011, 01:48:27 AM »
But if God has a divine plan, what good is prayer? God's not going to change his divine plan for you, how selfish to even think that...

We pray because God wants us to tell him what is on our minds. Even though he sees and understands our situations better than we do, he still wants to hear from us in our own words.

You are not asking for him to change his mind, you are asking for his will to be done. You are not doing so in such a way that you feel you are educating God or enlightening Him in some way. You are simply acknowledging that He knows what he is doing, knows what is best, and you are abiding in his request for your prayers.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "selfishness" or changing His pre-destined divine plan.

Our finite minds cannot possibly understand an infinite mind.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2011, 02:13:28 AM »
keep god out of this, he does not even exist, let alone prayers that does "something"

best of luck to you Bob, i hate the idea of losing my dad one day.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2011, 02:29:17 AM »
May the Olympians have mercy.
Hope he has a chance.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 02:30:30 AM »

Pathetic.

Awesome post! Best wishes to your brother as well. I know you know that it doesn't matter what others believe but what you believe. The thing that I never get is why people who don't share your beliefs and faith is so bothered by those who do.

God bless and I will include your brother along with Bob's father in my prayers. And it's not to try to bend or influence God's will -- What will be done, will be done. What will happen, will happen. But to give comfort, solace and courage. The same comfort, solace and courage that I have received when others have prayed for me. Many will dismiss it as just something made up in my head. Perhaps. But that something made up in my head would not have been there without the prayers.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2011, 02:36:22 AM »
Get well old man. Your son is an icon!  :)
MIRAGETROPIN

newmom

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2011, 02:42:33 AM »
Best wishes and prayers for your dad and family

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2011, 02:42:47 AM »
Get well old man. Your son is an icon!  :)

I dont think theres any tribute i can make that tops this, so QTF  ;)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2011, 03:16:17 AM »
sorry to hear that Bob - all the best hope he will manage to kick cancers ass

TRock99

• Getbig II
  • Lot's of naked wives at http://www.smyw.org
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2011, 03:28:11 AM »
Best wishes...hang strong and may God bless your family

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2011, 03:50:36 AM »
Best wishes, Bob!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2011, 04:25:38 AM »
all jokes and fun aside, Hope everything goes well for him.....aint no getbig without Big Bob.....

AGB

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2011, 05:21:47 AM »
So I am a massive loser and GetBig has been my escape for years now. One of the most comforting things is when life starts taking on water and you start feeling like your going to drown you come to GetBig, laugh your ass off and diurese all that fluid away. I don't know about you guys but it always seemed more comforting when Bob is posting on GetBig-it's just better; I put out 2L of lifetoxicpiss when Bob isn't posting and a full 2.5 L when he is. Bob, I lost my Dad a few years back and honest to goodness when I would get done with my work, I'd come up to the hem-onc floor and spend the night in his room and then in the morning go back to work and repeat. At night with my Dad asleep in his bed to my left and me lying on a cot to his right next to him, I would open up my laptop and read GetBig for a few minutes-laugh, then  then look up to make sure he was still in sinus and then look back down and read a few more disembowelments one GetBigger was committing against another Getbigger and laugh a little more. And pretty soon, I'd feel that lovely feeling you get when your eyelids start feeling like sandbags slowly drooping and drooping down until you fade to black. I would be able to sleep for a few hours and then wake up, kiss my dad, go take a shower, round, and at some point lock my self in my office and cry and wish like hell that I was dying instead of my hero, my father. Nothing cured the eunuch in me like logging in again later that night and reading one of Bob's patented one liner zingers...so witty, just made me smile. Thanks to GetBig and Bob and God bless you and your father, Bob. Welp its 6 and I am already half an hour late getting back to the hell that is my life. I'm such an f'ing loser.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2011, 07:06:36 AM »
Sorry but prayers don't do anything, but I do feel sorry for Bob's dad, let's not be mean to Bob in this time, let the man be.

Shut the fuck up. Everybody has their own beliefs and ways of sending warm wishes.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2011, 07:15:45 AM »
Sorry this is happening Bob.  I am praying for you, your dad and your family.

dyslexic...praying for your brother as well.  If you'd like to send the Caring Bridge name and PW, please PM it to me.
R

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2011, 08:16:18 AM »
Chick- Your disposition seems great. Both my folks are cancer survivors, it's a tough road, keep your head up!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2011, 09:04:04 AM »
My best thoughts go out to Bob's father, Bob and the rest of the family and friends during this difficult time.