Author Topic: Just another reason why I hate "crossfit"  (Read 39992 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: CrossFit - Anyone else Hate it?
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »
I'm going to tell you what my real thoughts are on this. It's a good concept if the trainer actually knows how to program the actual training but the problem is a lot of these crossfit trainers don't. What educated trainer in their right minds would ever prescribe multiple reps in an O-lift is beyond me. By multiple reps I mean 5 or more. After 5 reps form starts breaking down and thats where the injuries begin even if the weight is relatively light. Ok, now take an O-lift and start pairing it up with a high rep exercise, already you're at a CNS overload. Ok...now take that and do as many reps as many rounds as you can for time. You're bound to get injured and you're bound to eat shit!!
I`m telling you Joe,it`s just a new fitness fad and a way for uninformed uncaring "coaches" and I use the word "coaches" lightly,to make money from uninformed people who jump from fad to fad trying to finally one day lose weight or get fit.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2012, 09:15:45 PM »
So the gym I workout at is pretty much overrun with "crossfit".  They take up almost every rack and all the floor space for their retarded workouts.  What bothers me the most though, is the arrogant look that most of the "crossfit" trainees walk around with while they are in the gym.  They act like the own the place and act as if they are superior to the rest of us who are there doing a workout.  The crossfit trainers seem to have that smug look to them as well. 

I've had a lot of other lifters there mention that they hate how crossfit has taken over the place as well, so apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way. 

The music the crossfit trainers play is aweful!!!  I put in a Rocky CD and half the gym was talking about how great it was...mysteriously...the CD was somehow thrown out during that next week....my friend had heard one of the crossfit trainers saying how he hated the Rocky music, so we are pretty sure he was the one who got rid of it.  I mean, honestly, who doesn't like the Rocky music to train to? 

I'll get flamed for this, but here goes:

I actually have a cross fit training certification.  I was heavy into in my last year of and my first year out of college before I got into bodybuilding.  If you actually follow the principles of Crossfit and follow the exact training regimens they provide, you can get in the best all around shape of your life.  I was a collegiate athlete and at times went through hours of intense practices that sometimes may not hold a candle to a hard month of Crossfit.

Anyway, just my 2 pennies.  The fad/cult aspect of it is what causes the nose up in the air attitude similar to how it does in any cult.  I'm a bodybuilder now and are any of you fellow bodybuilders ignorant enough to think that in an every day, average gym that people aren't looking at you and thinking similar thoughts about the juicehead in the gym?

My policy: don't worry about what other people are doing in their workouts.  If someone is at risk for injury and you notice it, sure, help out.  Otherwise, put your headphones on, train hard, and don't worry about what the other people in the gym are doing.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
i hate it.......no tire flipping for me... ::)
Mr. AZ 2003

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »
I`ve been training long before training even became popular, and I`ll be training long after the  crossfit  gimmick plays out.

Current "fitness fad" of the week,and the morons who follow it are just a bunch of fitness fad sheep!!

Wes is so old that he had to chisel his first weight set out of stone....and he ate mostly brontosaurus burgers and tar pit BBQ with Mr. Slate

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2012, 09:22:09 PM »
No such thing as "muscle confusion".

No shit...I keep hoping I will meet the person who coined that phrase and stab them in their eyes

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »
yes.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2012, 09:29:51 PM »
Wes is so old that he had to chisel his first weight set out of stone....and he ate mostly brontosaurus burgers and tar pit BBQ with Mr. Slate
Still a big big part of my current diet my friend!  ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2012, 01:22:12 AM »
I'll get flamed for this, but here goes:

I actually have a cross fit training certification.  I was heavy into in my last year of and my first year out of college before I got into bodybuilding.  If you actually follow the principles of Crossfit and follow the exact training regimens they provide, you can get in the best all around shape of your life.  I was a collegiate athlete and at times went through hours of intense practices that sometimes may not hold a candle to a hard month of Crossfit.

Anyway, just my 2 pennies.  The fad/cult aspect of it is what causes the nose up in the air attitude similar to how it does in any cult.  I'm a bodybuilder now and are any of you fellow bodybuilders ignorant enough to think that in an every day, average gym that people aren't looking at you and thinking similar thoughts about the juicehead in the gym?

My policy: don't worry about what other people are doing in their workouts.  If someone is at risk for injury and you notice it, sure, help out.  Otherwise, put your headphones on, train hard, and don't worry about what the other people in the gym are doing.
outed.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2012, 02:46:24 AM »
I'm sure crossfit is a very functional skill to have. Just the other day I was getting a trolley at the supermarket and I really struggled because they had replaced the coin/key system with a new one where you have to run 25 lengths of the carpark, and do 50 press ups, 20 chin ups, 100 kettle bell raises, and 60 bodyweight squats in 3 mins.

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2012, 02:50:56 AM »
I'm sure crossfit is a very functional skill to have. Just the other day I was getting a trolley at the supermarket and I really struggled because they had replaced the coin/key system with a new one where you have to run 25 lengths of the carpark, and do 50 press ups, 20 chin ups, 100 kettle bell raises, and 60 bodyweight squats in 3 mins.

And......
Were you able to get the trolley?  ;D

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2012, 03:00:37 AM »
Boundary Breaker

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2012, 03:08:55 AM »
And......
Were you able to get the trolley?  ;D

Glad you asked....

Knowing I could easily do that routine, I searched for a 45 plate and a belt/chain so I could increase the resistance load but alas they had all been taken. I desperately needed a trolley full of reeces ice cream (as I was starting the gh15 protocol with bunk kigtropinas - so would need as much natural night-time casein induced HGH as I could get) so I did what I know best and quickly tenses my butt and showed my straited glutes to the security guard who was happy to give me the master key for the trolleys.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2012, 03:28:14 AM »
Glad you asked....

Knowing I could easily do that routine, I searched for a 45 plate and a belt/chain so I could increase the resistance load but alas they had all been taken. I desperately needed a trolley full of reeces ice cream (as I was starting the gh15 protocol with bunk kigtropinas - so would need as much natural night-time casein induced HGH as I could get) so I did what I know best and quickly tenses my butt and showed my straited glutes to the security guard who was happy to give me the master key for the trolleys.

:D

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2012, 03:53:33 AM »
Glad you asked....

You have to tell the whole story!
Of course the security guard wasn't happy enough with JUST the (i bet) marvelous appearence of your striated glutes and couldn't believe how such well defined, cut and hard they were and how they were just there in front of him almost within his grasp.
So i bet he offered you the master key for the trolleys but in exchange for a private posing session in his security booth where he purposely turned off the air conditioning and handed you a sparckly thong just to see you all sweaty and red as you proudly flexed and tensed every muscle in your body after an exhausting ordeal of dragging a 45 plate belted to your torso while running 25 lengths of the carpark, and doing 50 press ups, 20 chin ups, 100 kettle bell raises, and 60 bodyweight squats in 3 mins.
 ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2012, 03:59:56 AM »
You have to tell the whole story!
Of course the security guard wasn't happy enough with JUST the (i bet) marvelous appearence of your striated glutes and couldn't believe how such well defined, cut and hard they were and how they were just there in front of him almost within his grasp.
So i bet he offered you the master key for the trolleys but in exchange for a private posing session in his security booth where he purposely turned off the air conditioning and handed you a sparckly thong just to see you all sweaty and red as you proudly flexed and tensed every muscle in your body after an exhausting ordeal of dragging a 45 plate belted to your torso while running 25 lengths of the carpark, and doing 50 press ups, 20 chin ups, 100 kettle bell raises, and 60 bodyweight squats in 3 mins.
 ;D

No I wasn't dragging the 45 plate, it was in a pinch grip the whole time! what do think I am some kind of gaylord?

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2012, 04:08:27 AM »
No I wasn't dragging the 45 plate, it was in a pinch grip the whole time! what do think I am some kind of gaylord?

OMG i'm sorry! i don't want to report false facts here. God knows how Getbbigers are in that regard, they only go for the truth!
But i'm still amazed at your superhuman feat of pinching that 45 and then right after still be able to hold on to that grapefruit while you proceeded doing a back and forth motion while tensing and sequeezing your glutes.

Spidey

• Getbig III
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2012, 04:09:27 AM »
Did any of your fellow Crossfitters watched this amazing display of overall and functional feat of strenght?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2012, 04:19:34 AM »
Gotta keep the body guessing!!!  ::)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2012, 04:33:15 AM »
Did any of your fellow Crossfitters watched this amazing display of overall and functional feat of strenght?

Nah they were all busy buying acai berry detox pills, colon cleanse, amazing teeth whitener trick that single mum doesn't want dentists to find out about, and making $5000 a week working from home.

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2012, 07:36:52 AM »
Cross for has a built in excuse for weak fuckers to continue to lift baby weight.
Because it's so cardiovascularly taxing, you CAN'T lift heavy. Perfect justification for pushing girlie poundages.

The stuff on the rings is EXtremly challenging but if your looking to increase your lifts, cross fit is not the move.

And yes the -"This is the only way to train" - ::) attitude by the drones is pretty annoying.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2012, 07:44:49 AM »
Cross for has a built in excuse for weak fuckers to continue to lift baby weight.
Because it's so cardiovascularly taxing, you CAN'T lift heavy. Perfect justification for pushing girlie poundages.

The stuff on the rings is EXtremly challenging but if your looking to increase your lifts, cross fit is not the move.

And yes the -"This is the only way to train" - ::) attitude by the drones is pretty annoying.

True say.

I'll bet that there were a couple of 'crossfitters' on that cruise ship that toppled in Italy at the weekend. When everyone was screaming for their life and cramming into life boats, they were swimming to and from the shore so they didn't miss a session.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2012, 09:22:53 AM »

[/quote]

this^^^

and, hearing "Paleo.... blah blah blah" over and over and over again...     btw, what the hell is "FRAN"???   

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »

speak of cardiovascular work, do you do any?

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2012, 09:38:24 AM »
They are annoying, but a lot of bbers are just as bad and at least the CF stuff is tough vs a leisurely stroll on the treadmill. :D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
It is an excuse for a girl to dress like a whore and workout thinking she is hardcore.  Their excuse is, have you tried it?  It is hard.  I bet it is, like anything else new.  I would probably struggle the first few times because it is a new workout but after a month I would be bored.

Same shit with P90X.  I tried it to see the fuss.  had trouble with some of it at first, by day 30 I was barely breaking a sweat.  They want you to grab DBs, then do curls and I am hiting them hard and they are transitioning to pullups but my bis were'nt even tired yet, it felt rushed and I got nothing out of it.