Author Topic: Just got back from Europe  (Read 10425 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Just got back from Europe
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 01:17:43 PM »
with globalization everyone s living the same lifestyle nowadays everywhere in occident.

Crossbow

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 02:11:37 PM »
Glad you enjoyed your trip to our old continent - also well done on picking the cities - you picked some of the best Europe has to offer.

As a European who loves to travel (including 3-4 trips to the US every year), I'm a bit surprised how harsh people here are on the US, where I always have a great time.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 02:19:54 AM »
Well, Italy and Germany.  I took two weeks over there for my honeymoon, and let me tell all the Americans on here that have never been.  Go.  It was almost like taking a college course, but you get something out of it, so much to learn.  I figured most people do honeymoons in the tropics, and I have a timeshare in St Maarten in Feb, that this would be the perfect opportunity to go over the Thanksgiving break, and week after. 

We landed in Rome and stayed for three nights, and took a private walking tour of the city, it was great.  then left there and went to Florence for three nights, and while not as great as Rome, it was still a beautiful clean city.  But bring your wallet, the place is expensive.  We then went to Venice for two nights, which was not enough.  Got tickets to the museums, walked through the Doge's palace, etc.  Place was awesome.  Smelled a bit at times, but great never the less.  then we stayed one night in Verona, which  I could have done without, but hey, it was a cool place too.  We left Verona on a train to Munich, stayed there for two nights.  It was awesome, the Bavarian people were great.  Went to a bunch of Christmas markets, and drank Gluwine.  I tell you what, the Germans take christmas seriously, not the commercialized bullshit we celebrate here.  Left there by plane and spent the last two nights in Berlin.  Did a walking tour there as well, saw all of the sites, it was great.  Went to two christmas markets there as well, got interviewed by some German news station, not sure why, maybe to make fun of Americans.

Just wanted to let everyone know it was the trip of a lifetime, I have a totally different outlook on the world now.  You realize how little the rest of the world cares about us, and that they have there own set of problems, and a different view on ours.  Met some very cool peolpe, and made some great memories, I highly recommend it.  On a side note, my wife and I were commenting on how well everyone was put together, no fat slobs, or sloppy dressers.  I guess it is from all of the walking, Americans are lazy.  And finally, how do you guys in Germany not have killer gas and shit your brains out from the food?  It was great, but I was farting nonstop, couldn't imagine hooking up with a chick and here having bubble guts all of the time from the food.  Any comments and discussion on this topic woulld be welcome. :)

Wonder how this holds up today...

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 03:36:55 AM »
I've been several times since and the indigenous people are being pushed out big time. It's changed a lot in the past six years or so. Still a good time and I'd recommend going.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 03:39:53 AM »
I always can spot an american tourist by how sloppy they dress. Oversized polo, cargo shorts, ugly sport shoes, optional cap.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 04:05:14 AM »
I've been several times since and the indigenous people are being pushed out big time. It's changed a lot in the past six years or so. Still a good time and I'd recommend going.

so being replaced by arabs, migrants, rapefugees, blacks, etc etc etc?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 04:43:23 AM »
The best travel advice for the innocent American abroad I ever heard came from the legend himself, Mr Rick Steves. 

He sagely advises us to use universally understood words to overcome the language barrier, communicating with the native European thusly:

I don't say, "Excuse me, my car is broken." I point to the vehicle and say, "Auto kaput."

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 04:56:25 AM »
Wonder how this holds up today...

Not today it wont!
Q

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 05:31:25 AM »
I always can spot an american tourist by how sloppy they dress. Oversized polo, cargo shorts, ugly sport shoes, optional cap.

True. But not all Americans are slobs, but a lot of slobs are American. I tend to dress nice and quit speaking my "American" when I see a group of loud morons speaking English. I don't want to be associated with that.

Funny what you say about the Polos. I always see people in ill fitted tight Polos with narrow shoulders and pot bellies. Mostly Italians or North Africans I think.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 05:58:09 AM »
The major cities in Europe are still great to see. A lot of history, culture and events to enjoy. If you wish to see a more traditional Europe less affected by globalization, you'd be better off visiting Eastern Europe though.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 06:20:22 AM »
The major cities in Europe are still great to see. A lot of history, culture and events to enjoy. If you wish to see a more traditional Europe less affected by globalization, you'd be better off visiting Eastern Europe though.
Actually I think the smaller towns are better. Not as 'ethnic' yet, and often with a lot of culture too.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2017, 06:30:12 AM »
Americans battling a pot of yogurt for 1st prize in this thread.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2017, 06:39:10 AM »

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2017, 02:30:09 PM »
Once on the amalfi coast a cruise liner pulled into the local town and disembarked Americans.  Honestly I have never seen fatter people. They swarmed the ice cream stalls as well.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2017, 02:34:40 PM »
Heading to Norway in September.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2017, 04:50:47 PM »
Yeah I'm thinking Poland, Czech, fsu countries, Hungary, are the way to go these days.

Too bad, always wanted to see the history in France and Italy and Spain.  Too bad it's ruined.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2017, 05:38:08 PM »

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2017, 05:41:11 PM »
good write up, i have never been to europe

if you could, would you do several trips to europe or 1 epic 2 month jounrey

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2017, 06:21:16 PM »
I was starting to think the new media was sensationalizing until I read the OP was in 2011. Europe was really taken down in 6 short years.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2017, 06:24:34 PM »
I was starting to think the new media was sensationalizing until I read the OP was in 2011. Europe was really taken down in 6 short years.

Exactly. I've been back several times, usually twice a year, since then and the big cities are nightmarishly worse than before.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »

you revived a 5 year old thread just to confirm your own smugness about the world - you will do well here

smugness?  brah i hate where things are going, how europeans are shooting themselves in the foot, how western society is driving itself off a cliff...

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2017, 07:37:11 PM »
Exactly. I've been back several times, usually twice a year, since then and the big cities are nightmarishly worse than before.

:(

Fuck, man.

Did I miss the best Europe had to offer, then?

Aware me on where to go/see/do in Europe in 2017.  Your description from 2011 made it sound amazing.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2017, 12:01:26 AM »
:(

Fuck, man.

Did I miss the best Europe had to offer, then?

Aware me on where to go/see/do in Europe in 2017.  Your description from 2011 made it sound amazing.

The best is yet to come.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2017, 12:20:57 AM »
The best is yet to come.

LMAO!!!!!!

brb germany, 40% of kids under age of 5 are migrant born.

smfh

>:( >:(

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2017, 12:52:00 AM »
LMAO!!!!!!

brb germany, 40% of kids under age of 5 are migrant born.

smfh

>:( >:(

In Antwerp (Belgium) 67% of kids between 10 and 20 years of age are non-western (Source: HUMO, a liberal weekly)

Solution: stay in city centers, or go to affluent white smaller cities
Avoid suburbs and anything outside touristic areas and you will be fine

Although....we were in Italy in 2011 and 2013....and even in small towns along the western coast lots of black africans trying to sell counterfeit bags and watches...groups of them....that was not the Italy we were hoping to see...they were quite pushy as well wanting to sell their illegal goods