Author Topic: What is a competitive weight for a 5' 8" bodybuilder  (Read 14767 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: COMPETITIVE WEIGHT FOR 5 "8 BODYBUILDER
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 03:50:51 AM »
No, he's short, but not that short I'd say about 5,6" or so
Here's a more recent pic taken here in South Africa. He just has a very unique bone structure - Not Normal (tiny joints & waist, wide clavicals, huge ribcage, long arms) His weight defies how he looks.

Pity about the pec tear ;/ Bench press's a bitch  >:(

He tore his pec doing barbell benches? And you're right... Tiny joints and ballerina waist FTW

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 03:51:55 AM »
No, he's short, but not that short I'd say about 5,6" or so
Here's a more recent pic taken here in South Africa. He just has a very unique bone structure - Not Normal (tiny joints & waist, wide clavicals, huge ribcage, long arms) His weight defies how he looks.

Pity about the pec tear ;/ Bench press's a bitch  >:(
I doubt he is 5'6 judging from that pic bro - I'd say Swlabr is much closer - remember these guys all lie about there height, Francis is a dwarf mate

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 04:05:27 AM »
He tore his pec doing barbell benches? And you're right... Tiny joints and ballerina waist FTW

Yeah, that's what he told me. He changed his whole training style after that. Trains very precise with excellent form, moderate weight (but heavy for the muscle) now. eg. 5-10 pounds DB for lateral raises.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 07:44:05 AM »
In that last picture he weights way more than 165lbs.
Incredible lines and a great poser to.
One of the reasons of his tiny weight is that he doesn't have gh gut. That alone take a lot of wheigt from his frame.

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 07:59:08 AM »
What do think Francis B takes now to maintain that physique? Wouldn't mind betting these alot of Gh in there now considering his age? ??? I reckon alot of the illusion is in the arms as well! They all have arms over 19'' cut and look even bigger! No one ever wins shows these days with arms less than 19-20 inchs!!! ;D ;D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »
thats corect,, the best bodybuild are the ones who can cary ilusion that mean 5'10 190 but look 220...those are the one with pro genetic as you liek call it eventhough genetic mean nothing its all in the drug and RESPOND to drug

if you fellas think the fellas 5'8 238 8% get somewhere lol you are wrong,, its the 5'8 190 8%...who get somewhere....always the case,,notice how no one of the fellas who are 240 5'8 can even look remotely as good as frank zane or to be honest...as big...why? they just have peptide muscle which is diff than steroid muscle,, you need to know how to combine the 2 and not overdue the peptide friends

gh15 approved

i have pics with Vince Taylor, Matarazzo, Robby, etc. and i look bigger in a t-shirt than they, but onstage i would look 50 lb lighter. Dorian trained at my gym and there were two guys in there that were bigger in a sweatshirt. he posed later, and nobody could believe where he had all that muscle hidden. (10 days after his second mr. O win)

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 02:12:45 PM »
Dorian still must of looked big in his clothes? what was he 240 or something? that dudes goin to look big clothed or without clothes still a monster surely? ???

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »
Dorian still must of looked big in his clothes? what was he 240 or something? that dudes goin to look big clothed or without clothes still a monster surely? ???

nope, it was unreal. ya he was big, but nothing like when he posed later at the exhibition. mindblowing difference. a dozen guys came up to me at the gym and asked if it was really Dorian. they weren't impressed. onstage, he literally blew everybodies minds.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 05:12:47 PM »
nope, it was unreal. ya he was big, but nothing like when he posed later at the exhibition. mindblowing difference. a dozen guys came up to me at the gym and asked if it was really Dorian. they weren't impressed. onstage, he literally blew everybodies minds.
haz,from all the pics u posted and different phases man u did all right man,,stood on stage with future pro's,stood next to pro's and actually stood size to size with some.ur def one of the top poster's,bber's ,we have ....

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: What is a competitive weight for a 5' 8" bodybuilder
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 12:35:33 AM »
Benfatto is about 5'6" as supernatural said

If you see him in the gym covered up, he obviously has the wide delts, and one can see he's a bber, but otherwise you wouldn't say he was mr o top 6

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 09:44:37 AM »
Benfatto is about 5'6" as supernatural said

If you see him in the gym covered up, he obviously has the wide delts, and one can see he's a bber, but otherwise you wouldn't say he was mr o top 6

first mr the 'drug tested'90 he was mid 170's ,,illusion was incredible with his look,,narrow waist and small legs compared to the other guys and good calves .he was up to 190's contest shape later on,,dissapeared and returned in those newer picures bigger,fuller and legs blown up the biggest he ever had.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 11:25:36 AM »
haz,from all the pics u posted and different phases man u did all right man,,stood on stage with future pro's,stood next to pro's and actually stood size to size with some.ur def one of the top poster's,bber's ,we have ....

thank you,  nice to hear.  but i always dropped about 20% of my condition in the last week, looking worse on stage than i did a few days earlier. very frustrating. i wanted to look right on stage just once. no wonder people spend big money on gurus.

Swlabr

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »
thank you,  nice to hear.  but i always dropped about 20% of my condition in the last week, looking worse on stage than i did a few days earlier. very frustrating. i wanted to look right on stage just once. no wonder people spend big money on gurus.

Got any gym posing pics?