Author Topic: Q for you low carbers  (Read 1353 times)

anab0lic

• Getbig II
Q for you low carbers
« on: December 05, 2011, 01:29:25 PM »
Do you feel that carbs pre workout are neccersary since fat cant be converted fast enough for fuel during weight training?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Re: Q for you low carbers
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 01:36:20 PM »
Yes.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 01:38:34 PM »
Do any of you low carbers ever get dizzy or feel anxious?   

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »
Do you feel that carbs pre workout are neccersary since fat cant be converted fast enough for fuel during weight training?

"Do you feel that carbs pre workout are neccersary"...Are they neccessary...no, do they help...yes.

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 01:47:27 PM »
NO, HONESTLY, NO.

I DONT EVEN EAT CARBS UNTIL AFTER MY WORKOUT USUALLY.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »

NO!

The idea of eating lower carbs and having fat be a slower conversion is asinine. If you're low carbing it, your body will have a steady supply of fats ready to convert on hand.

I've been doing the low carb diets for ten years now and never use carbs unless it's my cheat day and I don't crash or have any of the issues other people claim to have due to being low carbs.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 03:19:01 PM »
Glycogen is what powers strong muscle contractions. If you have no glycogen in your muscles, you're not utilizing your workout to its full potential.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 03:44:53 PM »

NO!

The idea of eating lower carbs and having fat be a slower conversion is asinine. If you're low carbing it, your body will have a steady supply of fats ready to convert on hand.

I've been doing the low carb diets for ten years now and never use carbs unless it's my cheat day and I don't crash or have any of the issues other people claim to have due to being low carbs.

Fully agree. I think some people whine about the carb stuff just to get attention. I honestly feel better when I get into it for a few weeks.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »
No,you have stored glycogen in your liver to use as fuel first before tapping into fat stores.

All I ever have before training is whey in water and I always have a ton of energy.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »
A low-carb diet is pretty high on the homoeroticity scale.

dustin

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »
Glycogen is what powers strong muscle contractions. If you have no glycogen in your muscles, you're not utilizing your workout to its full potential.

And gluconeogenesis is the body's answer for when we don't have stored muscle glycogen on hand. There's also liver glycogen too. If you're in a fasted or ketogenic state and not the sloppy transition period (keto dieters know what this feels like - it's hell), then you should be fine. In fact, I get a wicked rush of brutal retard strength when I train fasted.

I like training fasted now but not completely deprived of muscle glycogen. I think there's advantages to both, and my personal preference is to stay lean as hell and train fasted more often than not. I don't abstain from carbs completely. I like getting them in post workout because the body is more tolerant and it doesn't spill over into fat as much because of the way my meals are structured.

If during the day I'm fasting and feel too flat or weak, if I eat carbs it gives me a body pump because of how lean I am. I think people value carbs way too much. They're not essential for humans, and they're not super important for bodybuilders either. If you're on drugs like trenbologna and lots of GH, you can eat close to unlimited carbs and it goes to all the right places though. I'm training on nothing but testosterona at the moment, but when I'm on trenbologna I eat a lot more carbs.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »
A low-carb diet is pretty high on the homoeroticity scale.

That one made me lol

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 10:15:58 PM »

morning, pre and post workout "meals" should always have carbs.

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 10:44:37 PM »
No,you have stored glycogen in your liver to use as fuel first before tapping into fat stores.

All I ever have before training is whey in water and I always have a ton of energy.

whey protein is insulingenic

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 03:55:54 AM »

ONLY IF YOUR BODY CRAVES THEM.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 03:59:25 AM »
And gluconeogenesis is the body's answer for when we don't have stored muscle glycogen on hand. There's also liver glycogen too. If you're in a fasted or ketogenic state and not the sloppy transition period (keto dieters know what this feels like - it's hell), then you should be fine. In fact, I get a wicked rush of brutal retard strength when I train fasted.

I like training fasted now but not completely deprived of muscle glycogen. I think there's advantages to both, and my personal preference is to stay lean as hell and train fasted more often than not. I don't abstain from carbs completely. I like getting them in post workout because the body is more tolerant and it doesn't spill over into fat as much because of the way my meals are structured.

If during the day I'm fasting and feel too flat or weak, if I eat carbs it gives me a body pump because of how lean I am. I think people value carbs way too much. They're not essential for humans, and they're not super important for bodybuilders either. If you're on drugs like trenbologna and lots of GH, you can eat close to unlimited carbs and it goes to all the right places though. I'm training on nothing but testosterona at the moment, but when I'm on trenbologna I eat a lot more carbs.

i agree with what you are saying but i think carbs pre-work and abstaining post-workout would be more effective usage

dustin

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 06:32:33 AM »
i agree with what you are saying but i think carbs pre-work and abstaining post-workout would be more effective usage

Yeah, I usually go that route but right now I'm after epic leans and what I'm doing works better with my crazy work schedule. I should have noted that.

I actually hop back and fourth and break my own rules. But I have a framework which I go by and then training and diet is tweaked in response to whatever circumstances I'm faced with. I don't like too much rigidity, but following a pattern allows me to go outside that framework with calculation and little to no penalty.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 06:36:12 AM »

Why is that you natural genius?! ::) ::)