Author Topic: Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations  (Read 2030 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »
because 98% of the evidence was destroyed and or held from the public for absolutely no fucking reason lol.
hugo give me one piece of credible evidence that points to bush's involvement in 9/11

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »
hugo give me one piece of credible evidence that points to bush's involvement in 9/11
read my statement again and then feel good about asking me that question lol...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 07:25:50 PM »
read my statement again and then feel good about asking me that question lol...
so nothing then?

all you have is that "all the evidence was rounded up and destroyed or locked away"???

you would think that something so big and so massive that would have taken so many different ppl in different areas would leave something behind or have someone willing to speak out.

all im asking for is one credible piece of evidence linking bush to 9/11

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 07:44:47 PM »
so nothing then?

all you have is that "all the evidence was rounded up and destroyed or locked away"???

you would think that something so big and so massive that would have taken so many different ppl in different areas would leave something behind or have someone willing to speak out.

all im asking for is one credible piece of evidence linking bush to 9/11
yea, if you want to get into a big 9/11 CT talk, I'm not interested.  I've already wasted way to many hours on that and know well how the conversation ends up no matter what good info I think I have.  I've been there done that a thousand times and don't have any interest in doing the same thing over and over...

You're trying to make more out of my comment than needed to be.  I replied to a simple statement with a simple fact.  3333 accused truthers of conjecture and I simply said that was because most of the evidence was destroyed and all other information for little reason witheld from the public.  That part is fucking true and that's all I fucking said.  You think about that and make of it what you will.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
Please 240, in comparison Palin owns Obama in everyway shape and form and you damn well know it. And don't give dumbass cut and pastes about her from your liberal rags. Obama makes her look like smartest person on earth!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 08:11:21 PM »
yea, if you want to get into a big 9/11 CT talk, I'm not interested.  I've already wasted way to many hours on that and know well how the conversation ends up no matter what good info I think I have.  I've been there done that a thousand times and don't have any interest in doing the same thing over and over...

You're trying to make more out of my comment than needed to be.  I replied to a simple statement with a simple fact.  3333 accused truthers of conjecture and I simply said that was because most of the evidence was destroyed and all other information for little reason witheld from the public.  That part is fucking true and that's all I fucking said.  You think about that and make of it what you will.
my response was in regards to 240 comparing this to 9/11.

Fact of the matter is there seems to be at least some evidence towards this and nothing more than cirmustantial evidence to link bush to 9/11

so the comparison is ignorant and doesnt hold any water

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 08:28:37 PM »
my response was in regards to 240 comparing this to 9/11.

My response was to 333's blanket statement on the matter..... you responded to my response.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 08:45:30 PM »
there is a difference you have no evidence other than speculation that bush was involved in 9/11

Bush controlled that evidence and decided what we saw.  Hundreds of pages with blacked out text, or pages we never saw.

See, this is why I have no pity for repubs crying about F&F, when Obama cockblocks an investigation.

We don't know what all was up with 911 cause Bush banned half of it from ever  coming out. 
Yall laughed then - but you're not laughing now.

It's terribly sad, really. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 08:48:45 PM »

there is a huge amount of information which the white house deemed the 911 commission could not have.  They were really pissed - the members of the commission - cause the white house wouldn't give them the info they wanted.  One quit, and they all complained.

SO yeah, sorry, but we can't see the evidence against bush because he decided not to show it LMAO.
And obama will do the same.  

and while dipshit libbies like me were whining when Bush did whatever he wanted, yall laughed :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 08:51:33 PM »
this is NOT a 911 conspiracy theory on anything.

It's a fact - the white house filtered all info that the 911 commission ever saw.

the white house limited their budget to only 3 mil for the biggest investiation of murder on our soil ever (later bumped up to 13 mil total, to deal with logistical costs).

the white house kept sending directives to the commission on a daily basis and had a go-between that kept tabs.

So really, maybe bush was 100% innocent of any CT, and it was 19 pricks.  that's another debate.  What's important here is that a majoe crime took place on both president's watches - and both presidents cockblocked the investigation!!!

And when obama walks away from it clean (from an investigation he blocked),
just as bush did,
it'll be plenty of fodder for CTers. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 09:56:32 AM »
So to recap you have absolutely nothing but to say there may be stuff?

With as big of an operation and with as many people that it would require you would have to think that you would be able to produce at least one minuscule piece of evidence but I guess that evil genius bush who you also think is a moron was just to smart huh?

Again idiotic and stupid comparison

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2011, 10:03:39 AM »
So to recap you have absolutely nothing but to say there may be stuff?

With as big of an operation and with as many people that it would require you would have to think that you would be able to produce at least one minuscule piece of evidence but I guess that evil genius bush who you also think is a moron was just to smart huh?

Again idiotic and stupid comparison

1 little piece of evidence?  LMAO..

just wait until obama does it.  Just wait.  Libs will say "where is the EVIDENCE that obama knew?" and no matter how many fcking holes in the story, how many people broke protocol, etc...

it won't matter.  libs will say youre crazy.  any evidence against obama will be in the dumpster.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
240 would you agree that there is more evidence in a fast n furious ct than a 911 ct? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »
240 would you agree that there is more evidence in a fast n furious ct than a 911 ct? 

We don't know how much evidence there was on 911, because the most damning stuff never saw the light of day.

the 911 commission saw a LOT of problems with the things they were shown - but it all came form the white house, with thousands of pages blacked out for 'national security'.  Also, every email from that period in the white house was deleted.  Imagine if all the emails from Obama to holder go missing?  lol.

I agree bush was given precise warning about 911 - handed directly to him - and chose not to act.
I agree holder knew all about F&F and let it happen.

Shit happens, dog.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 11:38:23 AM »
Simple yes or no will do.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 12:02:03 PM »
There is way more evidence in FnF than the 911 crap... WAY more.

You have tons of people actually going ON THE RECORD in high areas of government showcasing FnF and absolutely NO ONE has come out to say they know anything about 911.

911 is all conjecture... we have some REAL proof here with FNF.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 12:23:39 PM »
Simple yes or no will do.

i believe you are very uneducated on the 911 commission.  there may be 10 damning things that point to obama.

there were hundreds that pointed to Bush.

i want to spit and break out the 911 ommissions book, which breaks down every step of the 911 commission and tells you just how pissed the commissioners were, and why.  but I won't.  I care more about eating oreo cookies and listening to music than debating 911.  have a good ones fellahs.  good luck with that F&F thing.  I'm sure justice will be served, it always is lmao

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »
Republican says Fast and Furious was hatched to build support for gun control
The Hill ^ | December 8, 2011 | Jonathan Easley

The botched gun-tracking operation Fast and Furious was a plot hatched by the Obama administration to impose stricter gun laws, a House Republican said.

In an interview with the National Rife Association, Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) said the controversial Justice Department operation — which authorized the sale of guns to known and suspected straw buyers for Mexican drug cartels — was a plot from the administration to build support for gun control.

“This was the most anti-gun administration in our country’s history and there are a number of us that believe the whole genesis of this Fast and Furious was to further their gun control aims right here in the United States,” Walsh told NRA reporter Ginny Simone.

“When you look back at Holder’s testimony a few weeks ago — in his opening statement he basically fell back on that again and said — ‘You know what? You may have problems with Fast and Furious, but this just goes to show we need to keep a tighter lid on arms and guns in America that may be leaving the country,’” he continued.

“It was outlandish … and actually, I would say very stupid, that he actually said that, because he revealed their aims,” Walsh said.

Walsh has been vocal in calling for Attorney General Eric Holder’s resignation over the scandal. He said a special prosecutor, who could hold witnesses in contempt of court, is needed to investigate the Department of Justice.

“There does appear to be a real stonewalling effort here that I believe will leave Congress with no alternative but to call for a special prosecutor,” he said. “They haven’t responded to subpoenas, clearly there have been conflicting reports and now evidence as to when he was first aware of Fast and Furious, and now this latest dump of material shows that there were real conflicts for a while as to who knew what about this program.”

Holder has ordered an inspector general investigation on Fast and Furious and said the gun walking that occurred under the program “should never have happened.”

“This operation was flawed in concept, as well as in execution. And, unfortunately, we will feel its effects for years to come as guns that were lost during this operation continue to show up at crime scenes both here and in Mexico. This should never have happened. And it must never happen again,” Holder said last month.

The attorney general testified Thursday before the House Judiciary Committee about Fast and Furious and faced a barrage of criticism from Republicans.

Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.) suggested Congress might impeach Holder if it does not get satisfactory answers about inaccurate statements and information the Department of Justice provided about Fast and Furious.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »
another thing - you see holder on the stand.

didn't even get to that with 911.   Bush/cheney never got on the stand.

so already, there is no comparison.  Holder is lying his ass off under oath - but imagine if Obama had said "eh, I dont think Holder should have to testify.  I'll let him talk to 10 handpicked commissioners - no cameras, no recording, no NOTES even.  And obama and holder got to testify together!

So yeah, there's the diff.  Bush didn't let it come to this.   only 2 men in USA had shootdown power on 911 - Bush and cheney.  Neither got on the stand, as the 911 commissioners demanded.

there's your difference.  Holder is testifying and may end up perjured, whatever.
Bush and cheney decided not to testify for the record.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 08:47:22 PM »
Holder to GOP critic: 'Have you no shame?' (Impeach Holder!)
CNN ^ | 12/8/2011 | CNN
Posted on December 8, 2011 6:59:58 PM EST by tobyhill

GOP critics cranked up the political heat Thursday on Attorney General Eric Holder, threatening impeachment and accusing him of withholding information from Congress about Operation Fast and Furious, a severely flawed and discredited federal gun-sting program.

At the end of a long, combative day of testimony before the Republican-controlled House Judiciary Committee, California GOP Rep. Darrell Issa compared Holder to disgraced Nixon-era Attorney General John Mitchell.

Holder shot back by comparing Issa to Sen. Joe McCarthy, the infamous Wisconsin Republican censured by the Senate in 1954 for leading what critics called a Communist witch hunt.

"As they said in the McCarthy hearings, have you no shame?" asked Holder, referencing a famous retort to McCarthy.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnn.com ...

Lol.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 06:05:12 AM »
Eric Holder Impeached is a Good First Start
Townhall.com ^ | December 9, 2011 | John Ransom

Republicans have alleged, if not from the first, then at least for a long time, that operation Fast and Furious was a callous attempt by progressives in the plutocracy that we now call America at creating an artificial gun crisis so that the plutocracy could abridge citizens' 2nd Amendment rights.

I mean further than they’ve already abridged them.

Now even liberals are getting the memo- or at least email evidence- that it’s true.

CBSNews has reported that new documents show that officials in the ATF discussed using the fallout from Fast and Furious as means of introducing “controversial new rules about gun sales” even as they forced gun dealers to let illegal transactions occur.

“ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons,” says CBS, “but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called ‘Demand Letter 3’. That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or ‘long guns.’ Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.”

Wonder what “botched” operation the Department of Justice ran on voters and citizens to get Demand Letters 1 & 2 regulations in place.   

"There is really no responsibility within the Justice Department," Wisconsin’s Jim Sensenbrenner said according to CNN during a House hearing on Fast and Furious yesterday.

Attorney General Eric Holder responded to the committee by comparing the hearings on Fast and Furious to the hearings conducted by Senator Joe McCarthy in the 1950s on communists in government. 

No responsibility is a massive understatement for Holder now. No responsibility would imply neutrality on responsibility. Negative responsibility can only go by one word: crime.     

But Sensenbrenner should have included the executive branch of the federal government, the SEC, the IMF, SCOTUS, Congress and just about everyone from the rank of bird-Colonel on up in his indictment. Because government has seemed strangely reticent about getting to the bottom of any of many missteps that government has produced for years.     

"The thing is, if we don't get to the bottom of this -- and that requires your assistance on that,” he said to Eric Holder, “there is only one alternative that Congress has and it is called impeachment."

Can the rest of us get the power to impeach too just like Congress has? Maybe a kind of citizen’s impeachment?   

We could really use it right now.

Because impeachment or trial has to happen and it has to be Holder – or as high up as it goes- who walks the plank- at least for Fast and Furious. 

Because here’s our thing: Some of us hicks out here in the countryside, in flyover country clinging to our guns and our religion, are starting to get the idea that mistakes aren’t just being made by the administration, but rather that mistakes are being manufactured- and then ignored by Congress.

At MF Golbal, at ATF, at Justice, at the Federal Reserve Bank, at Solyndra, the answer’s always the same: “Oops. We made a mistake.”

And they don’t just make one mistake; they make a series of mistakes… and then it’s time to cue up a two-week Obama vacation. 

They are mistaken in their reaction when evidence first comes forward of wrongdoing; they are mistaken in their statements they make under oath; they are mistaken when they mistakenly answer a question that they mistakenly answered mistakenly in the first place in front of Congress.

They are so mistaken in what they mean and what they say they mean that everything is suddenly dependent on the legal definition of the word “is.”

Call it the Clinton defense, the best legal novelty invented since the insanity plea. But of course the Clinton defense only works for government workers. The rest of us have to face the plain, ordinary law.       

And make no mistake: You know those paranoid people who think that Obama and his cronies are purposefully crashing the system from within to serve a political agenda where no crisis goes to waste?

They have a pretty darn good point now at the Department of Justice.   

And the longer these “mistakes” are allowed to happen with no remission, no trial, no perp walk, the clearer the picture becomes even without the most transparent administration in the history of the Nobel Prize.

See?

When you’re a liberal and you lose CBSNew folks, it’s over.

FOR-ever.

Think of Cronkite turning against the Vietnam War.

You can’t “fake award” yourself a prize out of that one, whether the award is for peace or for transparency. 

Fast and Furious goes way beyond anything Richard Nixon or Lyndon Johnson ever dreamed of.   

And those weren’t just congressmen demanding justice from Holder.

That’s you and me who Holder is comparing to drunken Joe McCarthy.

It’s not We, the People who are drunk on the power to deceive right now. 

We still have some of our rights unabridged.

And that’s a good first start.

Provided we make good use of them.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 06:13:22 AM »
A Plot To Undermine The Right To Bear Arms

http://news.investors.com/Article.aspx?id=594196&p=1

Posted 12/08/2011 07:03 PM ET

Scandal: Newly obtained documents show that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives discussed using its covert operation Fast and Furious to argue for new rules about gun sales. We told you so.

As we observed in June, the way Fast and Furious — the government's gun-running operation that resulted in the death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry — was conducted made no sense unless its intent was to facilitate violence with U.S. weapons in the interests of pursuing the administration's gun-control agenda.

Now documents obtained by CBS News confirm that our first suspicions were correct.

As CBS' Sharyl Attkisson reports, emails show ATF officials discussed using the deliberate transfer of weapons to Mexican drug cartels to justify a new gun regulation known as "Demand Letter 3."

We say deliberate because congressional testimony by ATF agents demonstrates how the tracking of Fast and Furious weapons stopped at the border and that requests to interdict the weapons transfers and arrest the gun traffickers were denied by higher-ups.

Demand Letter 3 was so named because it was the third ATF attempt to have Southwest gun shops report all long-gun (rifle or shotgun) sales to the ATF — even those to law-abiding American citizens with all the proper registration and other forms.

On July 14, 2010, five months before Terry's murder, ATF Field Ops Assistant Director Mark Chait emailed Bill Newell, the ATF's Phoenix special agent in charge of Fast and Furious: "Bill, can you see if these guns were all purchased from the same (licensed gun dealer) and at one time? We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long-gun sales. Thanks."

On Jan. 24, as the ATF was preparing to announce arrests in Fast and Furious, another email showed Newell saw it as an opportunity "to address multiple sales on long guns issue."

Subscribe to the IBD Editorials Podcast After the press conference, Chait emailed Newell that in "light of our request for Demand Letter 3, this case could be a strong supporting factor if we can determine how many multiple sales of long guns occurred during the course of the case."

Two earlier Demand Letters affected only a handful of dealers.

As it was funneling some 2,000 guns to Mexican criminals and drug lords, the Justice Department announced April 25 that it was requiring 8,500 gun stores in Arizona, California, Texas and New Mexico to report individual purchases of multiple rifles of greater than .22 caliber by law-abiding American citizens to the ATF because — get this — such guns are "frequently recovered at violent crime scenes near the Southwest border."

Like the ATF-supplied guns found next to the body of Brian Terry?

These documents show that Fast and Furious was intended not to interdict gun trafficking, but to make the administration's case for more gun control.

According to Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, "there's plenty of evidence developing that the administration planned to use the tragedies of Fast and Furious as rationale to further their goals of a long-gun reporting requirement."

As he did Thursday in testifying before Congress trying to justify his incompetence or seeming ignorance concerning the operation, Attorney General Eric Holder tried to shift the blame to Congress and American gun dealers: "Unfortunately, earlier this year the House of Representatives actually voted to keep law enforcement in the dark when individuals purchase multiple semiautomatic rifles and shotguns in Southwest border gun shops."

Holder suggested that weapons allowed to "walk" into the hands of drug cartels during the course of the failed Fast and Furious operation will continue to show up at crime scenes in the U.S. and Mexico "for years to come." And, no doubt, at the deaths of more people on both sides of the border.

It is you, Eric Holder, who has kept the American people in the dark as to how and why Brian Terry had to die to further a domestic policy goal of the Obama administration. And it is you who must go.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 06:56:43 AM »
Was Fast and Furious All About Gun Control?
Powerline ^ | 7 December, 2011 | John Hinderaker

The Democrats have longed to impose gun control, or confiscation, for decades, but after a series of electoral defeats they finally backed off. The issue has largely receded from view, although gun owners have remained vigilant. For some time, Second Amendment advocates have suspected that the Obama administration’s gun walking program (“Fast and Furious”) was intended to create a pretext for bringing back the gun control issue. There has been a little evidence of that, but not much. Today, however, Sharyl Attkisson of CBS, who has been all over the Fast and Furious scandal and would, in a sane world, get a Pulitzer Prize, broke another scoop:

Documents obtained by CBS News show that the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) discussed using their covert operation “Fast and Furious” to argue for controversial new rules about gun sales.
ATF officials didn’t intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called “Demand Letter 3″. That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or “long guns.” Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.

On July 14, 2010 after ATF headquarters in Washington D.C. received an update on Fast and Furious, ATF Field Ops Assistant Director Mark Chait emailed Bill Newell, ATF’s Phoenix Special Agent in Charge of Fast and Furious:

“Bill – can you see if these guns were all purchased from the same (licensed gun dealer) and at one time. We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long gun multiple sales. Thanks.”

On Jan. 4, 2011, as ATF prepared a press conference to announce arrests in Fast and Furious, Newell saw it as “(A)nother time to address Multiple Sale on Long Guns issue.” And a day after the press conference, Chait emailed Newell: “Bill–well done yesterday… (I)n light of our request for Demand letter 3, this case could be a strong supporting factor if we can determine how many multiple sales of long guns occurred during the course of this case.”

Follow the link, and you can see the emails. I have reviewed hundreds of thousands of emails produced in discovery, and am acutely aware that one should not draw cosmic conclusions on the basis of a few ill-chosen words or random references. We certainly want to be fair to the Obama administration officials who were involved in Fast and Furious. But a fundamental question has never been answered: why in the world did the Obama administration not just allow AK-47s and other weapons to be shipped across the border to Mexican drug gangs, but encourage and even finance such transactions, over the objections of jittery gun shop owners and its own veteran agents? If the Obama administration wasn’t trying to set up an argument for more gun control, then what was it trying to do? That question has never been answered.

If the Obama administration did arrange for the shipment of arms to Mexican drug gangs, not for any legitimate public purpose but in order to advance a left-wing political agenda, and those guns were used to murder hundreds of Mexicans and at least one American border agent–which they were–then we are looking at a scandal that dwarfs any in modern American history. I think one would have to go back to James Buchanan, who ordered the shipment of federal armaments to the South so that they could be commandeered by secessionists when disunion came, to find a worse scandal. And one could argue that even that act by Buchanan, generally considered the worst President in American history, was motivated by principle and not politics, and therefore was not as craven as Obama’s gun walker scandal. But such a judgment would be premature. A great deal more investigation needs to be done before we can conclude that Fast and Furious was the worst scandal since pre-Civil War days.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 09:30:58 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/12/08/rep_issa_government_used_fast_and_furious_to_limit_second_amendment_rights.html

Holder is a ghetto thug creep.    He is the poster child of affiramtive action, corruption, racism, criminality, etc. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »
Probe Widening on Obama’ s Fast and Furious(gunwalker)
Ammoland ^ | 7 December, 2011 | GOA

Washington, DC --(Ammoland.com)- The congressional investigation into the gunrunning scandal known as Fast and Furious is in full swing this week, with the House Judiciary Committee to hold a round of hearings on Thursday.

More and more reporters in the mainstream media are now taking a closer look at the scandal, which GOA first began alerting members to in January. Under the program, thousands of guns purchased with federal tax dollars were allowed to “walk” into Mexico, at which point they disappeared into the hands of violent drug cartels.

Just this week, the New York Times reported that the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) is involved in an enormous, multi-million dollar money laundering scheme aimed, like Fast and Furious, at Mexican drug cartels.

But neither program has resulted in significant arrests (not to mention convictions) of drug kingpins, and no cartels have been brought down after several years of activities by agencies spread across the federal bureaucracy.

One former DEA official expressed frustration to the Times, noting that, “My rule was that if we are going to launder money, we better show results. Otherwise, the D.E.A. could wind up being the largest money launderer in the business, and that money results in violence and deaths.”
This news infuriated Rep. Darrell Issa, the powerful chairman of the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, who announced that his investigation will be expanding to include the activities of the DEA “money-running” scandal.

In a blistering letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, Rep. Issa takes Holder to task for arming drug cartels with thousands of firearms, and bankrolling their operations with millions of American taxpayer dollars —perhaps, even hundreds of millions of dollars.

Issa wrote to Holder that the DEA revelation “again calls your leadership into question. The managerial structure you have implemented lacks appropriate operational safeguards to prevent the implementation of such dangerous schemes. The consequences have been disastrous.”
With every news report, more and more information leaks out from a Justice Department that seems intent on stonewalling and misleading the Congress. GOA is keeping the pressure on congressmen to call for Holder’s resignation and to pursue possible criminal wrongdoing by government bureaucrats.

GOA leaders will be attending Thursday’s hearing and will be briefing the media on this burgeoning scandal.

It is also important to continue to remind the politicians that, according to the testimony of many current and former ATF officials, one of the goals of Fast and Furious was to bolster the case for more gun control laws here at home.
As you can see, December in Washington is turning into a lobbying blitz. Please help GOA keep up the pressure in defense of the Second Amendment. Gun Owners of America 8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102 Springfield, VA 22151 Phone: 703-321-8585 FAX: 703-321-8408 www.gunowners.org

About: Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a non-profit lobbying organization formed in 1975 to preserve and defend the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. GOA sees firearms ownership as a freedom issue. `The only no comprise gun lobby in Washington’ – Ron Paul