Author Topic: Only Republican presidents can go on vacation  (Read 6354 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Only Republican presidents can go on vacation
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »
I don't think it's stupid at all.  It's possible to condemn things he does, both big and small.  This one is a comparatively small issue, but that doesn't make it any less of a legitimate issue.  

I'd actually like to see him spend one of his holidays down range with the troops.  Fat chance.  

All it is is a shallow attempt to get people to buy into OB hate propaganda.  simple as that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 12:23:34 PM »
All it is is a shallow attempt to get people to buy into OB hate propaganda.  simple as that.

Not really that simple.  I don't hate him.  I just think he's a lousy president. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 07:52:07 PM »
GWB spent most of that time in his ranch in Texas.    Obama does not live in Hawaii.   

Hawaii is obama's pretend birthplace.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 07:54:01 PM »

Truth!    moombasa or bust! 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2011, 05:36:44 AM »
Poor crybabies and whiners having their little Obama Hate Party busted with facts and reality.

Boo-fucking-hoo. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 05:42:33 AM »

Obama is from Hawaii and his family lives in Hawaii....besides that...what difference is taking a vacation in either Texas or Hawaii.  

Obama is averaging 8 days of vacation time a year.  The average full time worker gets 2 weeks of vacation........ ::)
thank you. butt, your facts won't get in the way of the radical right wing baggers.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 05:44:08 AM »
thank you. butt, your facts won't get in the way of the radical right wing baggers.

8 days of vacation?   LOL.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 05:47:45 AM »

Facts, logic and common sense can't penetrate that deep into thick skulls with delusional defenses.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 05:51:07 AM »
Facts, logic and common sense can't penetrate that deep into thick skulls with delusional defenses.

Truth - when the only defense you have of Obama - is "But Bush did it too", whom you clowns regard as the worst president ever, doesnt that tell you something? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 06:09:51 AM »
Poor baby.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/08/18/1008312/-Only-Republican-presidents-can-goonvacation

Only Republican presidents can go on vacation

Donald Trump, appearing on Fox News earlier this week, complained, “the fact is, [Obama] takes more vacations than any human being I’ve ever seen.”

“They used to complain about George Bush, but I understand he’s already exceeded George Bush and we’re not even through the year. ... I think it sends a very, very bad message,” said Trump.

Donald is a moron.

But Mark Knoller of CBS, the unofficial keeper of presidential work schedules, reported that President George W. Bush had taken more time off than Obama at this point in his first term.

Obama’s upcoming vacation is his ninth vacation since taking office. Obama has spent all or part of 38 days on vacation away from the White House. He has also made 14 visits to Camp David spanning all or part of 32 days, for a total of 70 days, Knoller said.

Bush, at this point in his first term, had made 14 visits to his Texas ranch spanning all or part of 102 days, Knoller said. He also made 40 visits to Camp David spanning all or part of 123 days. His vacation total at this point in his presidency was all or part of 225 days away.

Maybe Donald's inability to count explains his repeated bankruptcies? Or maybe he should stop getting his information at Fox News.

Meanwhile:
Tweet about Palin
Yeah, she wouldn't go on vacation. She'd quit.

So let's see who else ... Gingrich criticizes Obama's vacation—as he leaves on his own vacation to Hawaii. And of course, who could forget this?

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich’s presidential campaign imploded Thursday afternoon with his entire senior staff resigning en masse, according to multiple sources familiar with the moves [...]

Among the issues leading to the resignations, according to knowledgeable sources, was the two-week vacation that Gingrich and his wife, Callista, insisted upon taking against the advice of his top political staff. Coming as it did after one of the most disastrous campaign launches in recent memory, it raised questions as to whether Gingrich would be willing to “commit time to the grassroots."

And then there's Mittens, of course.

f you’re the president of the United States and the nation is in crisis – and we’re in a jobs crisis right now – then you shouldn’t be out vacationing. Instead, you should be focusing on getting the economy going again.”

Great idea from the guy who hasn't had a job in years! Once he hauls John Boehner and House Republicans back to DC, Obama can follow suit. We don't live in a dictatorship, you know?

Seriously, it's stuff like this that makes Onion headlines plausible.

i think this is a perfect example of proof that we're all hypocrits and completely full of shit and why our media is making it harder and harder for me every four years to even participate in this crap.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »
See - i was honest that GWB made me want to puke.   Half the crap he did made me want to toss a TV out the window in his second term.   Whether it was Harriet Meirs, Dubai ports, lettin g the wars linger on, amnesty for illegals, medicare part D, No Child Left Behind, etc - GWB rightfully earned a place in the high 20's.

Sadly obamabots will NEVER admit to anything this asshole does is wrong.     

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 09:41:51 AM »
See - i was honest that GWB made me want to puke.   Half the crap he did made me want to toss a TV out the window in his second term.   Whether it was Harriet Meirs, Dubai ports, lettin g the wars linger on, amnesty for illegals, medicare part D, No Child Left Behind, etc - GWB rightfully earned a place in the high 20's.

except if a republican wins in 2012 they will say "yeah i was never a fan of obama but he's no way near as bad as this guy" 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 10:23:06 AM »
Well....alot easier to go to Camp David or even Texas...Obama has to rent property every time he goes anywhere...well actually the American tax payer has to. Did Chewbacca really need to go separatly. This isn't Bush...this is about Barry. The economy is in the shitter...stay the fuck home.

lmao.. thats weak as fuck.. God damn.. talkin about reaching.. fuck.. thats some weak shit right

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
lmao.. thats weak as fuck.. God damn.. talkin about reaching.. fuck.. thats some weak shit right

Desperation tends to be weak in the first place you know....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »
Desperation tends to be weak in the first place you know....

Correct - which is why you voted for obama in 2008 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2011, 10:26:23 AM »

you said that Bush did a knock out job for the majority of his Term as president. You said that... atleast 75% of the terms combined were good? Correct?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »
you said that Bush did a knock out job for the majority of his Term as president. You said that... atleast 75% of the terms combined were good? Correct?

LOL.   False - put down the crack pipe.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »
LOL.   False - put down the crack pipe.   

so you didnt say Bush was good for 6 years?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »

I said his first term was ok and his second term was a disaster when he spent his 'political capital" on amnesty for illegals in 2005 and called us all vigilantes for opposing the mexican invasion.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »
I think in all fairness option D it's safe to say that 33333 wasn't a BUSH supporter.  It's hard to see that in the mists of his 20,000+ hate filled OB posts ranging from vacations to golf to wondering what Michelle said to legit posts about serious failings of the OB psidency.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2011, 11:34:12 AM »
I think in all fairness option D it's safe to say that 33333 wasn't a BUSH supporter.  It's hard to see that in the mists of his 20,000+ hate filled OB posts ranging from vacations to golf to wondering what Michelle said to legit posts about serious failings of the OB psidency.

I have challenged many to find even one post of mine kneepadding GWB.   I thought his first term was ok, but the second term was a completel catastrophe save for Roberts and Alito.

That being said - Obama is a disaster on a level and degree not even the same galaxy as obama, who has been perhaps the worst plague and apocolypse this nation has ever seen.       

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2011, 12:00:36 PM »

I remember something along those lines too.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2011, 12:27:45 PM »

I think his grandparents also pretended to live there and Obama pretended to graduate from high school there too

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2011, 12:28:42 PM »
I don't think it's stupid at all.  It's possible to condemn things he does, both big and small.  This one is a comparatively small issue, but that doesn't make it any less of a legitimate issue.  

I'd actually like to see him spend one of his holidays down range with the troops.  Fat chance. 

both he and Michelle have spent holidays with the troops

you know that