Author Topic: Should Hardcore Ron Paul Fans Tone It Down At This Point?  (Read 7712 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Should Hardcore Ron Paul Fans Tone It Down At This Point?
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 07:00:59 PM »

EXACTLY!!!

I was attacked by 2 Paultards at work today - unsurprisingly neither seemed to know shit about RP's voting record.

And for the record:

He is not perfect.
He is not 100% consistent.
And he is not the next Messiah.

Fucking drones.

Oh, and I don't care how he's affiliated himself, IMO, he's no Republican.

Nor is he a "True Republican".  ::)  This is usually the same douchebags who don't know the history of the Republican Party and just start spitting shit out and cherry picking past aspects of the party.  Refer to my asshole comment above... :D

His views are most aligned with Libertarians and he's Republican because he's smart.  Republicans have the money and infrastructure to get people elected on the Federal level.

BTW, hope everyone is having a good Christmas season despite my RAGE.  :D

MERRY F'N CHRISTMAS to you too man.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 07:03:03 PM »

EXACTLY!!!

I was attacked by 2 Paultards at work today - unsurprisingly neither seemed to know shit about RP's voting record.

And for the record:

He is not perfect.
He is not 100% consistent.
And he is not the next Messiah.

Fucking drones.

Oh, and I don't care how he's affiliated himself, IMO, he's no Republican.

Nor is he a "True Republican".  ::)  This is usually the same douchebags who don't know the history of the Republican Party and just start spitting shit out and cherry picking past aspects of the party.  Refer to my asshole comment above... :D

His views are most aligned with Libertarians and he's Republican because he's smart.  Republicans have the money and infrastructure to get people elected on the Federal level.

BTW, hope everyone is having a good Christmas season despite my RAGE.  :D
That's fucking crazy... I don't know any paul supporters that act like he's the messiah ::)  And a great many paul supporters are willing to acknowledge there are things they don't like about Ron Paul but the things they do like are important enough that they overweigh the faults...  I think you have the average Paul supporter totally misunderstood.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 07:37:37 PM »
If I had to sit at a table for 5 minutes with a person

1) excusing newt's marriages while saying newt is a better fmaily man than obama
2) excusing newt's global warming because "that was just for a commercial"
3) excusing newt's fannie mae because "he wasn't technically lobbying, he used a loophole, smart guy!"
4) excusing newt's getting voted out of congress because "90% of repubs were just jealous of his success"
5) excusing newt's trashing Paul Ryan as "newt was just misquoted all those times..."

if I had to listen to a person lie to my face like that, i'd probably want to smash their face.

People that support RPaul have to defend a LOT less bullshit from paul.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 08:10:37 PM »
 ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
;)

LOL, is that Santorum in the first pic?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 11:07:17 PM »
LOL, is that Santorum in the first pic?

Yeah

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 12:45:54 PM »
He must have read your thread Skip.   :)

He's right.

Radio Host Clovis: Paul Victory Could Tarnish Iowa
Thursday, 22 Dec 2011
By Martin Gould

A Ron Paul victory in the Iowa caucuses would be bad for the state and could even cost it its first in the nation status, influential radio host Sam Clovis tells Newsmax.

“I am not sure that that is in the best interests of the state, or our caucus system or us being first because I don’t think he is going to get any traction the rest of the way,” said Clovis, a college professor who hosts the popular conservative talk show “Impact with Sam Clovis” on Sioux City’s KSCJ radio.

“He has a very select group of people that follow him and I just don’t think he is going to attract anywhere close to even a plurality at any point along the way.”

Clovis was talking as polls continue to put the 76-year-old Texan ahead with less than two weeks to go before the Jan. 3 caucus night, but before the latest storm about racist newsletters sent out in Paul’s name blew up.

“A Ron Paul win is quite possible,” he said. “He has a good infrastructure here in the state, his followers are zealots and he attracts an interesting group. I heard Karl Rove say that he’s a person with a high floor but a low ceiling.

“Whatever he gets out of here is probably the best he’s going to do in any primary or caucus the rest of the way because he does have a lot of strong followers out here and they recognize the importance of a good showing, so they’re going to do everything they can to make sure that they puff up those numbers on caucus night.”

Clovis said he felt the wrath of Paul’s followers after posting an article on his website on the day after the most recent debate in the state, in which Paul said the threat of an Iranian nuclear weapon was being “trumped up.”

“I essentially said that he had disqualified himself based on his world view,” said Clovis. “I cannot tell you the fecal storm that erupted on my Facebook page and on my website based on me making that comment.

“I live out here in a small town and I get two or three comments a day on my web posts, but I got two or three hundred comments from Ron Paul supporters that sometimes were not very respectful.”

Clovis said he believes four candidates are going to be “clustered” in the caucuses: Paul, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum.

“We’re going to see at least four candidates in double digits. You are not going to see any one candidate over 30 percent. So no-one will be able to declare a pound-your-chest victory in this issue because getting 25 percent in a field of seven is not going to be what I would call a rabid endorsement.”

Clovis has endorsed Santorum, who, he said, “is going to get enough votes to be part of the conversation leaving Iowa. He is a longer shot than the other three but I wouldn’t say he couldn’t win because it is really fluid out here.”

Of the other candidates, he said that Michele Bachmann will probably not survive to go on to New Hampshire, Rick Perry will do badly but will have the money to limp on and may improve in South Carolina and Florida and Jon Huntsman “ought to be fighting President Obama in the Democratic primary.”

Clovis echoed what other Iowa radio hosts have told Newsmax, saying that the race is still wide open going into the final few days. He said as many as one-in-eight won’t make their mind up until they are in the caucus hall. Around 30 percent will pick their candidate in the few days remaining.

“Contrary to what the media says, most Republicans consider this to be a pretty strong field and there are a lot of choices, so people are picking and choosing,” he said. “Everyone wants to see Ronald Reagan on stage and I keep telling people Ronald Reagan is not in this pack, get over it, and start to think about who you want to be the president.”

Clovis described the Iowa caucuses as “not as important as a lot of people in Iowa would like, but more than a lot of other people elsewhere think.

“It’s is an important first step, it is the first part of the vetting because we do a lot of retail politics out here in Iowa. People don’t get to pay a lot of attention to that until they see them in their own primaries and they don’t realize all the work that has been done ahead of time.

“After New Hampshire and by the time they get to South Carolina, they are really good candidates – they’re polished and their stump speeches are good and specific. We hammer them out here.”

When it gets down to the general election, Clovis believes any of the Republicans – even Paul – can beat President Obama, and as for the idea of someone such as New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels or former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush getting in the race, he said it is possible but it would be difficult.

“Mitt and Newt and Paul and Santorum are going to come out of Iowa with a little bit of momentum and it would be hard to get another nose in there.”

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/paul-iowa-romney-gingrich/2011/12/22/id/421939

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 03:16:11 PM »
LOLZERs at all the ron paul hating.

A month ago, yall were defending "We need a leader, not a reader!" Cain who bragged about being ignorant on foreign policy.

Now you're worried about the INTEGRITY of the national voting system because a guy who doesn't suck corporate cock might win.

pathetic, but funny too!   :D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »
He must have read your thread Skip.   :)

He's right.

Radio Host Clovis: Paul Victory Could Tarnish Iowa
Thursday, 22 Dec 2011
By Martin Gould

A Ron Paul victory in the Iowa caucuses would be bad for the state and could even cost it its first in the nation status, influential radio host Sam Clovis tells Newsmax.

“I am not sure that that is in the best interests of the state, or our caucus system or us being first because I don’t think he is going to get any traction the rest of the way,” said Clovis, a college professor who hosts the popular conservative talk show “Impact with Sam Clovis” on Sioux City’s KSCJ radio.

“He has a very select group of people that follow him and I just don’t think he is going to attract anywhere close to even a plurality at any point along the way.”

Clovis was talking as polls continue to put the 76-year-old Texan ahead with less than two weeks to go before the Jan. 3 caucus night, but before the latest storm about racist newsletters sent out in Paul’s name blew up.

“A Ron Paul win is quite possible,” he said. “He has a good infrastructure here in the state, his followers are zealots and he attracts an interesting group. I heard Karl Rove say that he’s a person with a high floor but a low ceiling.

“Whatever he gets out of here is probably the best he’s going to do in any primary or caucus the rest of the way because he does have a lot of strong followers out here and they recognize the importance of a good showing, so they’re going to do everything they can to make sure that they puff up those numbers on caucus night.”

Clovis said he felt the wrath of Paul’s followers after posting an article on his website on the day after the most recent debate in the state, in which Paul said the threat of an Iranian nuclear weapon was being “trumped up.”

“I essentially said that he had disqualified himself based on his world view,” said Clovis. “I cannot tell you the fecal storm that erupted on my Facebook page and on my website based on me making that comment.

“I live out here in a small town and I get two or three comments a day on my web posts, but I got two or three hundred comments from Ron Paul supporters that sometimes were not very respectful.”

Clovis said he believes four candidates are going to be “clustered” in the caucuses: Paul, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum.

“We’re going to see at least four candidates in double digits. You are not going to see any one candidate over 30 percent. So no-one will be able to declare a pound-your-chest victory in this issue because getting 25 percent in a field of seven is not going to be what I would call a rabid endorsement.”

Clovis has endorsed Santorum, who, he said, “is going to get enough votes to be part of the conversation leaving Iowa. He is a longer shot than the other three but I wouldn’t say he couldn’t win because it is really fluid out here.”

Of the other candidates, he said that Michele Bachmann will probably not survive to go on to New Hampshire, Rick Perry will do badly but will have the money to limp on and may improve in South Carolina and Florida and Jon Huntsman “ought to be fighting President Obama in the Democratic primary.”

Clovis echoed what other Iowa radio hosts have told Newsmax, saying that the race is still wide open going into the final few days. He said as many as one-in-eight won’t make their mind up until they are in the caucus hall. Around 30 percent will pick their candidate in the few days remaining.

“Contrary to what the media says, most Republicans consider this to be a pretty strong field and there are a lot of choices, so people are picking and choosing,” he said. “Everyone wants to see Ronald Reagan on stage and I keep telling people Ronald Reagan is not in this pack, get over it, and start to think about who you want to be the president.”

Clovis described the Iowa caucuses as “not as important as a lot of people in Iowa would like, but more than a lot of other people elsewhere think.

“It’s is an important first step, it is the first part of the vetting because we do a lot of retail politics out here in Iowa. People don’t get to pay a lot of attention to that until they see them in their own primaries and they don’t realize all the work that has been done ahead of time.

“After New Hampshire and by the time they get to South Carolina, they are really good candidates – they’re polished and their stump speeches are good and specific. We hammer them out here.”

When it gets down to the general election, Clovis believes any of the Republicans – even Paul – can beat President Obama, and as for the idea of someone such as New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels or former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush getting in the race, he said it is possible but it would be difficult.

“Mitt and Newt and Paul and Santorum are going to come out of Iowa with a little bit of momentum and it would be hard to get another nose in there.”

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/paul-iowa-romney-gingrich/2011/12/22/id/421939

Sounds clueless. He wonders why he would get such a response but look what he said and he has the balls to call other people disrespectfull?  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2011, 10:50:38 AM »
Sounds clueless. He wonders why he would get such a response but look what he said and he has the balls to call other people disrespectfull?  ::)

Except he's right.  A lot of Ron Paul fans are zealots.  They flood online polls.  They pack events and distort the outcome of various straw polls.  They flood telephone polls.  They are nothing if not efficient. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2011, 01:49:52 PM »
Except he's right.  A lot of Ron Paul fans are zealots.  They flood online polls.  They pack events and distort the outcome of various straw polls.  They flood telephone polls.  They are nothing if not efficient. 

go surfing with a leaking sack of blood.  thanks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2011, 04:47:01 PM »
go surfing with a leaking sack of blood.  thanks.

lol

his followers are zealots

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »
beach bum,

that kind of rabid fan base sounds familiar.  It sounds a lot like the zealots that got obama elected.  when you have the young generation willing to crawl thru glass to get you elected - and they own the online world - that candidate wins.

I don't understand why repubs continually shit on a candidate who would completely undermine the youth vote with obama, who would own the internet, who would pack every event and scream at the top of their lungs, who would get tattoos for their candidate, who have been wearing that candidate's t-shirts for 6 years.

IMO, that kind of zealot is EXACTLY what you want - if you want to defeat obama in 2012.  you don't fight insanity with logic - you fight it with a stronger brand of insanity.  Obama-mania won't be conquered with lukewarm Mitt supporters or unsure Newt defenders.   No, RP's people will be on the ATTACK - you can bet on that.

Except he's right.  A lot of Ron Paul fans are zealots.  They flood online polls.  They pack events and distort the outcome of various straw polls.  They flood telephone polls.  They are nothing if not efficient.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »
beach bum,

that kind of rabid fan base sounds familiar.  It sounds a lot like the zealots that got obama elected.  when you have the young generation willing to crawl thru glass to get you elected - and they own the online world - that candidate wins.

I don't understand why repubs continually shit on a candidate who would completely undermine the youth vote with obama, who would own the internet, who would pack every event and scream at the top of their lungs, who would get tattoos for their candidate, who have been wearing that candidate's t-shirts for 6 years.

IMO, that kind of zealot is EXACTLY what you want - if you want to defeat obama in 2012.  you don't fight insanity with logic - you fight it with a stronger brand of insanity.  Obama-mania won't be conquered with lukewarm Mitt supporters or unsure Newt defenders.   No, RP's people will be on the ATTACK - you can bet on that.

Zealots did not elect Obama.  Independents and Republicans did. 

Ron Paul's zealot fan base is a loud but extremely small group.  They're not going to win any election.  They're not going to win the Republican primary.  They didn't do squat in 2008.  They'll do nothing outside of Iowa in 2012. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2011, 08:44:05 PM »
I disagree.  I think zealots did elect obama.   I think 'obama mania' is what got him into office.  Everyone caught the craze and wanted to be a part of it.  he was the cool kid and he wanted to be your friend.  maybe they weren't as intense as RP's are...

But you've hated ron paul for 6 years now.  so I don't expect you to endorse him now, and I respect your consistency on the issue.

Nobody in their right mind believed he would be LEADING in Iowa.  That boggles the mind.  He should be in 6th and he's in 1st.  That is insanity.

So at this point, I couldn't say "He'll do nothing outside of Iowa".   Whatever formula he has for locking down 22 or 25% or 30% in Iowa... it's a damn good formula.  Winning Iowa will give him more credibility - it worked for huck in 2008.  He went from being former fat guy hocking education reform book on Imus' show on MSNBC to a solid #3 in the race.  And Huck had chuck norris - Ron Paul has literally millions of zealots.

Underestimating him is probably the best way you can help him get elected, BB.  If you said "Ron Paul is a legit threat to win the nomination, and he will get shredded by obama, so I think we should votet Mitt" - THEN You might get a little support.  Ignoring while bashing while saying he's a non-factor... not too convincing ;)

Bottom line:  There's no need to bash a non-factor nonstop.... You know he's a factor ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
I knew Obama was going to a catastrophe from day 1. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2011, 08:49:51 PM »
I disagree.  I think zealots did elect obama.   I think 'obama mania' is what got him into office.  Everyone caught the craze and wanted to be a part of it.  he was the cool kid and he wanted to be your friend.  maybe they weren't as intense as RP's are...

But you've hated ron paul for 6 years now.  so I don't expect you to endorse him now, and I respect your consistency on the issue.

Nobody in their right mind believed he would be LEADING in Iowa.  That boggles the mind.  He should be in 6th and he's in 1st.  That is insanity.

So at this point, I couldn't say "He'll do nothing outside of Iowa".   Whatever formula he has for locking down 22 or 25% or 30% in Iowa... it's a damn good formula.  Winning Iowa will give him more credibility - it worked for huck in 2008.  He went from being former fat guy hocking education reform book on Imus' show on MSNBC to a solid #3 in the race.  And Huck had chuck norris - Ron Paul has literally millions of zealots.

Underestimating him is probably the best way you can help him get elected, BB.  If you said "Ron Paul is a legit threat to win the nomination, and he will get shredded by obama, so I think we should votet Mitt" - THEN You might get a little support.  Ignoring while bashing while saying he's a non-factor... not too convincing ;)

Bottom line:  There's no need to bash a non-factor nonstop.... You know he's a factor ;)

You are a lying nut, but you have the right to express whatever loony opinion you want.   :)

The facts disagree with you (as usual).  Anyone looking at the actual results on election day in 2008 knows what happened.  And anyone who looks at the facts during this cycle, knows there isn't a snowball's chance that Ron Paul will win the nomination.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »
I knew Obama was going to a catastrophe from day 1. 

I was hoping he wouldn't be.  I wanted him to succeed.  But he has been an abject failure. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »
BB, I think Mitt will win the overall nomination.  Too much money and will outlast everyone.  Weak field overall.

But I also believe RP will be a factor in 08.  If he takes Iowa, it means Mitt gets bloodied and doesn't sweep.  He's already a factor in that case.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2011, 08:57:08 PM »
He'll be a factor if he wins Iowa just like Huck was a factor in 2008 after winning Iowa. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »
He'll be a factor if he wins Iowa just like Huck was a factor in 2008 after winning Iowa. 

I believe Ron Paul has more money than huck had.
Also much more rabid fan base.
Also much better ground game/GOTV effort.
Also ran WAY more commercials.

I coudl be wrong - let me know if I am.  I dont wanna get my hopes up.  But I do believe Ron Paul has tools that Huck just didn't have at his disposal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2011, 09:08:57 PM »
I doubt everything you say, so yeah, wrong.  A "rabid fan base" doesn't win squat if it's a mile wide and an inch deep.

Ron Paul doesn't have the votes, party loyalty, or the money to win the nomination. 

If by chance he wins Iowa, the 911, newsletter, Bradley Manning comments, extreme foreign policy views, etc., will overwhelm him. 

In any event, Iowa is not an accurate predictor, as 2008 showed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2011, 09:09:37 PM »
hey, we disagree. 

merry christmas man.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2011, 10:56:50 PM »
lol
go surfing with a leaking sack of blood.  thanks.

his followers are zealots

how does telling you that make me a zealot?  I want to say that kind of shit to you on over 80 percent of what you say and most of it has nothing to do with Paul.  That you're a douchebag and troll way to much for a mod doesn't make me a zealot, it makes you annoying...

Merry fucking christmas jerkoff.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2011, 10:59:35 PM »
I doubt everything you say, so yeah, wrong.  A "rabid fan base" doesn't win squat if it's a mile wide and an inch deep.

Ron Paul doesn't have the votes, party loyalty, or the money to win the nomination.  

If by chance he wins Iowa, the 911, newsletter, Bradley Manning comments, extreme foreign policy views, etc., will overwhelm him.  

In any event, Iowa is not an accurate predictor, as 2008 showed.

nobody has ever said Iowa means everything to the nomination but a win isn't meaningless like Paul haters will say it is if he wins. ::)