Author Topic: damn UFC needs to step up their production  (Read 3021 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
damn UFC needs to step up their production
« on: January 02, 2012, 04:03:45 PM »
to this epic level! makes UFC productions look amateurish   :D

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: damn UFC needs to step up their production
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
When Zuffa first purchased the UFC, there was flashy entrances though not on par with that of Japan

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »
to this epic level! makes UFC productions look amateurish   :D

Pride was pretty damn cool in its day.
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 07:35:20 PM »
Pride had more talent by far........ It still clings to most of the old Pride guys now.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 08:33:21 PM »
Pride had more talent by far........ It still clings to most of the old Pride guys now.

that 05 Pride MW grand prix was retarded. You will never ever see an MMA tournament/whatever stacked like that period. That shit was insane.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
that 05 Pride MW grand prix was retarded. You will never ever see an MMA tournament/whatever stacked like that period. That shit was insane.

X2!

I have it on DVD, I get goose bumps watching the build up and entrances. Only way UFC can ever come close to that is if they put all their best talent on the same card. And that sill wouldnt be enough to out do PRIDE.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 02:02:22 AM »
X2!

I have it on DVD, I get goose bumps watching the build up and entrances. Only way UFC can ever come close to that is if they put all their best talent on the same card. And that sill wouldnt be enough to out do PRIDE.

i agree. dana wants to spread the fighters out to far. he just puts on to many events. i would much rather see a card every few months that was stacked than to have the main event and some filler
irongearco.com

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 07:48:26 PM »
i agree. dana wants to spread the fighters out to far. he just puts on to many events. i would much rather see a card every few months that was stacked than to have the main event and some filler

ufc business model is similar to wwe. Feed the public with volume basically. Milk them dry with volume. It's a smart tactic because american fans only care about ko's period point blank. A card with let's say 6 fights and 5 of them end in ko's dana will swear to GOD it was the best card ever and ufc fans will agree. They couldn't care less who the fighters were. They only know this guy with red hair knocks guys out.

I bet you could stack a UFC card with well known name, great fighters (to us in the know) and we'd love the card even if it was mixed stops, decisions and subs..etc but the average UFC fan will think it was a completely boring. Dana knows this.

..and this is why I'm never within a 100 yards of watching UFC fights anywhere. Full of simpletons basically. Bottom line the UFC is not for the fighting purist/fan as a whole. It is a business with a business model focused on generating revenue from a certain viewing public that fits a certain demographic/criteria FIRST....quality of fight cards is not top priority.    

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »
ufc business model is similar to wwe. Feed the public with volume basically. Milk them dry with volume. It's a smart tactic because american fans only care about ko's period point blank. A card with let's say 6 fights and 5 of them end in ko's dana will swear to GOD it was the best card ever and ufc fans will agree. They couldn't care less who the fighters were. They only know this guy with red hair knocks guys out.

I bet you could stack a UFC card with well known name, great fighters (to us in the know) and we'd love the card even if it was mixed stops, decisions and subs..etc but the average UFC fan will think it was a completely boring. Dana knows this.

..and this is why I'm never within a 100 yards of watching UFC fights anywhere. Full of simpletons basically. Bottom line the UFC is not for the fighting purist/fan as a whole. It is a business with a business model focused on generating revenue from a certain viewing public that fits a certain demographic/criteria FIRST....quality of fight cards is not top priority.    

Damn right! I actually kinda feel like a dork by going out to watch the fights in public lol

UFC represents everything that is wrong in America

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 09:22:21 PM »
i like it
its fast paced exciting action

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 09:54:35 AM »