Author Topic: Enough with the military hero worship  (Read 19361 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Thank your Heroes in uniform today in this threat
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2011, 01:49:40 AM »
I want to thank all my brothers and sisters in arms today - wherever you are right now be save and thank you for your service.

We here at getbig with you all the very best for the new year!!!

You are all heroes!!

Stay frosty

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: enough with the military hero worship
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2011, 02:34:57 AM »
We're a war society.  I've heard we spend as much on our military as the rest of the world combined (and probably far more since ME operations began 10 years ago).  I'm 39 and am hard pressed to remember a time when the US wasn't at war/ policing/ peacekeeping/ under threat.  We're in a perpetual state of war.   Of course there's continual propaganda.

That being said, I support our troops.  That's why I don't want them to die halfway around the world for some rich man's agenda.  As hard as the propagandists try to sell it to us, there's no noble cause being fought for.  You can support the troops or you can support the agenda, but not both.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Thank your Heroes in uniform today in this threat
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2011, 02:40:08 AM »

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2011, 02:50:16 AM »

"I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks..."

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2011, 02:59:33 AM »
"threat" ?? what a moron

go fuck off with your obsession for violence

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2011, 05:52:10 AM »
"The best of the best!"

That's why they have to be recruited, using threats and bribes, from the dregs of society. All the stupid kids become engineers, lawyers or doctors.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2011, 06:03:36 AM »
And look where we are now---Iraq is fucked, Afghanistan is still cracked, Iran is threatening to cut off oil, we've lost crucial tech to them, China has us by the balls economically, our borders are not safe...we have a shitty economy by being baited into two wars, and greedy fucks on wall street.
So, was a limb worth it? Hell no, I'd be mad as hell...

Oh, but we got a US made boogeyman, and now we are looking for another nemesis---we should look in the mirror

recently, I walked into a bar in Maryland and what I saw really touched me. there were half a dozens young kids, average age around 22, with missing limbs, one in particular lost both legs and one arm.......I said to myself, these are casualties of war and these young Vets will live like this for the rest of their lives........was this sacrifice worth it?.....was this Iraq war that sent them there in the first place worth it?........time will tell

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2011, 06:16:34 AM »
recently, I walked into a bar in Maryland and what I saw really touched me. there were half a dozens young kids, average age around 22, with missing limbs, one in particular lost both legs and one arm.......I said to myself, these are casualties of war and these young Vets will live like this for the rest of their lives........was this sacrifice worth it?.....was this Iraq war that sent them there in the first place worth it?........time will tell

Not since WW2.  Poor fuckers.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2011, 12:25:04 PM »
Hate to say it but I agree. Not all soldiers are heros. Also the military mostly fights wars and die for corporate america, no longer freedom. I always have to bite my tongue when some friends on fb go on and on about how the military are heros and shit. They get paid to do a job and do it.

lol yeah they think they are fighting for the nation, when they're really fighting for massive corporations and dying in the name of Wallmart, Mcdonalds ect.

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
I'm a vet and I actually agree with you.
me too

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2011, 01:40:39 PM »
I can't understand their bitching if they get a leg blown off, they'd happily do the same to innocent Iraqi or afghan citizens. Fuck them, part of the job

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2011, 01:51:01 PM »

listen to this fucking crybaby wigga!  and how about the under achiever wearing the shirt. HERO!

Also, isnt it awkward when someone emphatically 'thanks' a 'serviceman' in your presence. Its like everyone is thinking the same thing but the thankful civilian just blabbers on about how "thankful' they are..

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »
Respect to the real heroes for sure, but yeah...

MANY go into the military 'cos they couldn't get a regular job or because they want a free education. 

The ones wanting a free education leave as soon as they have their degree.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2011, 07:28:34 PM »
I'm a vet and I actually agree with you.

Same here.  I've know military personnel who spent their entire careers working in an office sorting requisition orders or being janitors. 
A

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2011, 07:39:19 PM »
Respect to the real heroes for sure, but yeah...

MANY go into the military 'cos they couldn't get a regular job or because they want a free education. 

The ones wanting a free education leave as soon as they have their degree.

X2

I don't live in America, but it's the same thing over here with our police. Nowadays if you want to be a cop, it's free and if you fail the tests you can repeat as many times as you can. I know a bunch a drugaddicts/alcoholics guys who failed the tests like 5 times, then they approved and now they're in their way to be cops.

Why they wanted to be cops? Because they were too lazy or dumb to follow a real career. And their laziness took away good jobs from them. The problem is that they do it because it's easy money, they won't do shit, if there's a problem they DON'T show up when you call them, that's fucked up. They get paid for doing NOTHING!

At least before it was free to take the tests, guys would put a lot of effort since it wasn't cheap and they really wanted to be cops.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2014, 11:45:41 AM »
Army vet not allowed to hang jacket on U.S. Airways flight
By Amy Graff

Thousands of people took to Twitter to express their outrage over a U.S. Airways flight attendant who refused to allow an Army veteran to hang his decorated jacket on a recent flight.

On Flight 1930 between Portland, Ore., and Charlotte, N.C., First Sgt. Albert Marle asked a flight attendant to hang his navy-blue Army Ranger and combat veteran’s jacket to stop it from wrinkling, according to WSOC-TV. The unnamed attendant refused saying the closet is reserved for first-class passengers.

Marle didn’t question her response and without making any fuss he politely returned to his seat.

Passengers who witnessed the incident did make a fuss, however, offering Marle their seats in first-class so he could hang his jacket.

Passengers also took to Twitter blasting the airline for disrespecting a member of the military.

First-class passenger Brian Kirby tweeted: “Do not fly US Air, I have just witnessed a US solider heavily decorated disgraced. Will be sharing with other media outlets ASAP.”

Brian’s wife, Laura Kirby, chimed in: “@USAirways is it really in your policy to disrespect brave men such as Sergeant Marle? Flight attendant Ava of US 1930 from PDX to CLT.”

Quickly the tweets went viral and thousands of Twitter users, many with handles suggesting they’re vets, responded in disgust and said they’d never fly U.S. Airways again.

Lauderdale Vet wrote: “@Bkirby72 @USAirways I’ll definitely remember this the next time I have to choose an airline.”

Mathew S Harrison tweeted: “@USAirways @Bkirby72 This veteran will never fly USAir ever again.  They are on my official boycott list FOREVER! #BOYCOTTUSAirways”

The Kirbys contacted WSOC-TV with the story. “It may not have seemed like a big deal and he certainly wouldn’t have made a big deal about it but it’s important someone stands up and says this is not correct it needs to be fixed,” Brian told the news station.

WSOC-TV reached out to Marle and his family and his parents said their son doesn’t want to attract attention to himself.

U.S. Airways released an apology:  "We apologize for the situation and are reviewing the incident internally. We have a long and proud history of serving our military members and hold the men and women who serve our country in the highest regard."

The airline claims the flight attendant received four requests to hang jackets on the flight and the closet was full, but passengers are saying the attendant didn’t explain this on the actual flight.

“Her response wasn’t that there’s not space in the coat closet or ‘I’ve hung too many jackets up.’ It was just simply, ‘Our airline policy says I’m not going to do it, so I’m not going to do it,’” Brian Kirby told WSOC-TV. “I was really appalled at not only the way she looked at him but the way she spoke to him in an angry type of attitude.”

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2014, 11:48:28 AM »
Elites give them the title of HERO to troll them(us) actually. They don't really believe it. Elites actually believe that these people's lives are worthless...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2014, 11:49:55 AM »
Elites give them the title of HERO to troll them(us) actually. They don't really believe it. Elites actually believe that these people's lives are worthless...

I will say, that if the "Elites", as you put it, cared about them, they would be much more selective about sending them off to die in foreign lands.

Too many politicians are too quick to send people off to war.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2014, 11:55:50 AM »
I will say, that if the "Elites", as you put it, cared about them, they would be much more selective about sending them off to die in foreign lands.

Too many politicians are too quick to send people off to war.

So true.  But if it's not your son or daughter what do you care? 
Answer: you don't.
 ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2014, 11:57:12 AM »
So true.  But if it's not your son or daughter what do you care? 
Answer: you don't.
 ::)

I do care.

I don't see how normal people could not. Everyone is someone's son or daughter... Just like I wouldn't want my children to go off to war if it's not needed, I wouldn't want yours, or anyone else's.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2014, 11:59:32 AM »
I respect men who fight to defend their country.  Current US military does no such thing.
Ψ

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2014, 12:12:32 PM »
I fly on US Air and will continue to do so.

The guy did not pay for first-class service so why should he receive it?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2014, 12:13:19 PM »
I fly on US Air and will continue to do so.

The guy did not pay for first-class service so why should he receive it?
They could have at least let him hang his jacket up there. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2014, 12:15:35 PM »
They could have at least let him hang his jacket up there. 

They have let me stow my guitar in there before.

More than likely, there was no room or hangers, yet the flight attendant instead of saying, "let me see what I can do." or "We don't have anymore room in the closet... I'm so sorry", just spouted out the "line" that they are told to say.

"First Class only"

This is what happens when people do not think for themselves.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2014, 12:17:21 PM »
any fool can be a punk with a gun

but

a real hero looks like this