Author Topic: Lesnar promises 'the same guy who beat Frank Mir to a pulp' against Alistair  (Read 7413 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing

"Look, I've had a great camp. This is the best I have felt in years and lardy-lardy-da... I could go through all the clichés about how in shape I am but the fact is, I know myself and my own body and I know that I am back. I am 100%. I am as fast, as strong and as explosive as I've ever been and you're going to see the same guy who beat Frank Mir to a pulp at UFC 100. If I go in and execute my game-plan, then I am winning this fight. That’s the bottom line here. Overeem says he is knocking me out in two rounds. Well, I am glad he has the ability to see the future. That’s his dream. I have my own dreams of winning this fight and going on to get my belt back. And on Friday December 30 his dream will be over."
w

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Big words but straight to the point, i genuinely hope both of these guys are 100% as this could be one hell of a fight.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Sometimes I wonder how much of the pre-fight banter these guys actually believe.  I mean, Lesnar's statements are bold and show total confidence in himself..  so do Reems.  You think deep down inside, they're like "oh shit.. i'm gonna get mauled by Brock"  or "I'm gonna get hit hard by Reem".

I just wonder how much of that stuff is scripted, etc.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Sometimes I wonder how much of the pre-fight banter these guys actually believe.  I mean, Lesnar's statements are bold and show total confidence in himself..  so do Reems.  You think deep down inside, they're like "oh shit.. i'm gonna get mauled by Brock"  or "I'm gonna get hit hard by Reem".

I just wonder how much of that stuff is scripted, etc.

I think a fully fit Brock has 100% confidence that he will take anyone down and smash them, and likewise i think a fully fit Overeem has 100% confidence he will render his opponents unconscious if they are within range. Its a champions mentality, their reservations are put to the back of their minds to ensure theyre as ready as they can be.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Can't wait.  Decent card too imo.  I look forward to Diaz/Cerrone too..

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
You CANNOT go into a fight with any doubt as to yourself as the winner. Rampages last fight is a perfect example.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmc

• Getbig V
brock will get destroyed unless he lies on top of Overeem for the whole fight

T

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
brock will get destroyed unless he lies on top of Overeem for the whole fight

I don't see him outstriking Overeem....but anyone has a punchers chance and if Overeem fights like he did against Werdum....that was terrible. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Brock has more than enough power in his punches, he just needs to learn how to throw them correctly in order to maximise the damage. His striking is improving but a long long way from marching Overeem, Cain & JDS especially.

Inchdisciple

• Getbig II
Brock is going to run duck and hide as soon as he feels Overeem's superior power.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
Brock has more than enough power in his punches, he just needs to learn how to throw them correctly in order to maximise the damage. His striking is improving but a long long way from marching Overeem, Cain & JDS especially.

That's what i was thinking. I cant think of a good ko punch that lesnar has thrown. yeah he gave Mir a bloody nose, but that's not exactly K-1 type striking.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
The Herring punch is by far the best strike he has thrown in his career, and whilst he has dropped Mir & Randy with them they werent exactly stellar strikes. Brock loses the stand up, Overeem loses on the ground. Everyone in the world knows this and yet i still cant wait to see how it pans out!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
That's what i was thinking. I cant think of a good ko punch that lesnar has thrown. yeah he gave Mir a bloody nose, but that's not exactly K-1 type striking.

do you have a bigger pic of your avatar?
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Brock is going to run duck and hide as soon as he feels Overeem's superior power.

Lesnar does not like being hit.  It is obvious during his fights.   If Lesnar can take Overeem down and hold him there, he wins.  If Lesnar absorbs to many punches hes done for.
A

coltrane

• Getbig IV
I was going thru some of Reem's old fights the other day.  He really has been fighting what I would call cans the past bunch of fights, which the exception of Werdum. 

Even in some of his earlier LHW fights he wasn't too spectacular IMO. 

There has been this Strikeforce to UFC issue going on where a fighter coming over to UFC just doesn't fare well. 

I honestly think Lesnar will get this to the ground quite easily and grind up Reem.  His power on the take down is tops.  He's like a charging rhino.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
  Lesnar does not like being hit.  It is obvious during his fights.   If Lesnar can take Overeem down and hold him there, he wins.  If Lesnar absorbs to many punches hes done for.

I'm so tired of hearing this comment.  Is there anyone out there, beside BDSM whores, that does like getting hit?
w

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Leben & Wandy  ;D

In essence i know what he means, some guys have a solid mentality whereby they dont get overly concerned by being punched and then there are guys who are like a housewife being slapped in mid sentence. They immediately start to panic and as we have seen it ruins their strategy and causes a fight / flight adrenalin dump. In Brocks case he covers up and hopes to come through it - in Lebens case he goes til someones asleep.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing

like a housewife being slapped in mid sentence.

lol
w

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
do you have a bigger pic of your avatar?

It's Jessica Simpson - there are some great cameltoe picks of her out there.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
It's Jessica Simpson - there are some great cameltoe picks of her out there.

Jesus
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Between the c. toe and huge jugs, I can't focus!!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
I don't see him outstriking Overeem....but anyone has a punchers chance and if Overeem fights like he did against Werdum....that was terrible. :-\

it def won't be like that. i don't blame overeem one bit for not chasing werdum to the ground. overeem fought a smart fight and won. brock is not a bjj expert and he won't lie on his back. so it should be a good fight
irongearco.com

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
I'm so tired of hearing this comment.  Is there anyone out there, beside BDSM whores, that does like getting hit?

Granted, no one besides misogynists enjoys being hit.  What I should have said is that Lesnar reacts badly to being hit. He broadcasts his dislike for the whole world to see.  Someone with limited experience of being struck, particularly in the face, is going to react differently than someone who has some experience because he has some idea of what that kind of contact feels like.
A

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing

Granted, no one besides misogynists enjoys being hit.  What I should have said is that Lesnar reacts badly to being hit. He broadcasts his dislike for the whole world to see.  Someone with limited experience of being struck, particularly in the face, is going to react differently than someone who has some experience because he has some idea of what that kind of contact feels like.

That assessment is 100% correct.  And, although Lesnar has a great chin, I doubt he has fixed this issue.  He should have gone to Holland and practiced serious striking.  Instead, he chose to stay with his group of "yes men". 
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
That assessment is 100% correct.  And, although Lesnar has a great chin, I doubt he has fixed this issue.  He should have gone to Holland and practiced serious striking.  Instead, he chose to stay with his group of "yes men". 

::)

He also has Lyoto Machida type elusiveness right?

Shut the fuck up you moron.