Author Topic: RG III vs Andy Luck  (Read 2610 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
RG III vs Andy Luck
« on: January 03, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »

Luck is the consensus(??) #1, but Kordell 'Hey, hey, hey!' Stewart says RG III is the best QB available AND will have the better pro career. 

What's GetBig gonna do?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: RG III vs Andy Luck
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:13:40 AM »
RG3 is a better version of Michael Vick with a better arm, if he has even half a brain to grasp a playbook he SHOULD BE the better of the two, Luck really impressed me agaist OK State though.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 10:15:08 AM »
he who speak loudest and last aint right

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:28:22 AM »
Both will be good, Luck will be better. I mean, he's white, cmon now... its a white man's position. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 10:43:46 AM »
Blacks don't make for long term QBs.  Especially when they start to make the money.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »
Hopes are high on the kid after everyone watched what Cam Newton did this year.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 10:51:55 AM »
RG III is a little on the small side and will probably have an injury plagued career.  Luck is a bigger version of Aaron Rodgers.  

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »
I can't see how anyone wouldn't thing RG3 isn't going to be a great pro. He is a terrific passer and also an accurate one (usually black qb's aren't good passers but can run)...and he can run wild. He will be on Cam Newton's level or close. Newton is a phenominon. RG3 will be very good but maybe not THAT good.

Luck I think will be great but he will be stuck behind peyton manning for 3-4 years probably

The U

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 11:38:49 AM »
RG3 is a better version of Michael Vick with a better arm, if he has even half a brain to grasp a playbook he SHOULD BE the better of the two, Luck really impressed me agaist OK State though.

Come on Dave.............Mike Vick has a once in a generation arm.  He's certainly not a member of mensa and never worked too hard at his craft though..........leading to his overall mediocrity. 

RG3 will be a legit pro QB, I expect him to be an eventual pro bowler.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 12:13:30 PM »
Come on Dave.............Mike Vick has a once in a generation arm.  He's certainly not a member of mensa and never worked too hard at his craft though..........leading to his overall mediocrity. 

RG3 will be a legit pro QB, I expect him to be an eventual pro bowler.

RG3 is more accurate than Vick. His passing numbers are silly

The U

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
RG3 is more accurate than Vick. His passing numbers are silly

I agree completely.......Just saying Vick's arm strength is off the charts.  Been to any UD games this season AMD?

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 12:48:06 PM »
RG III is a little on the small side and will probably have an injury plagued career.  Luck is a bigger version of Aaron Rodgers.  
you do realize rg3 is the same or bigger than half the current nfl starting qb's. This is just your traditional pre-draft talk to lower a players stock

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 12:51:06 PM »
A quarterback ain't nothing if he is not in the right system.  How little you guys know about football.  Joe Montana is a great QB and ran the west coast perfectly.  I doubt he would have been 1/2 as good in a run and gun.  But ask Moon to play west coast and he would be lost.

Look last weekend, Matt Flynn torches the Lions.  Is he better than Rogers?  Probably not, but system is designed for a certain QB.

Jeff George had one of the strongest arms in NFL history but played in the wrong style of offense.  they wanted to run a lot of slants and short passes and the fucker threw so hard his receivers could never catch and he couldn't adapt to that system. 

Alex Smith is looking like a stud this year playing for a coach with a system that works, the last three coaches couldn't figure it out.

Tom Brady gets hurt and Matt Cassell leads them to 11-5 record, then can't do so well now. A lot of teams draft the best QB, but not the best QB for their system.  Luck won't fait well in the Indy system.  Peyton likes to make quick slant passes, run the no huddle a lot and barely airs it out and NEVER runs.  Luck is in an offense that uses the run to setup the pass at Standford where Indy just passes and runs when no one is stacked on the line.  The OKC QB would actually fit better in the Indy system as they run similar plays, where Luck would fit well in a system like Washington or Seatle.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 12:56:50 PM »
A quarterback ain't nothing if he is not in the right system.  How little you guys know about football.  Joe Montana is a great QB and ran the west coast perfectly.  I doubt he would have been 1/2 as good in a run and gun.  But ask Moon to play west coast and he would be lost.

Look last weekend, Matt Flynn torches the Lions.  Is he better than Rogers?  Probably not, but system is designed for a certain QB.

Jeff George had one of the strongest arms in NFL history but played in the wrong style of offense.  they wanted to run a lot of slants and short passes and the fucker threw so hard his receivers could never catch and he couldn't adapt to that system. 

Alex Smith is looking like a stud this year playing for a coach with a system that works, the last three coaches couldn't figure it out.

Tom Brady gets hurt and Matt Cassell leads them to 11-5 record, then can't do so well now. A lot of teams draft the best QB, but not the best QB for their system.  Luck won't fait well in the Indy system.  Peyton likes to make quick slant passes, run the no huddle a lot and barely airs it out and NEVER runs.  Luck is in an offense that uses the run to setup the pass at Standford where Indy just passes and runs when no one is stacked on the line.  The OKC QB would actually fit better in the Indy system as they run similar plays, where Luck would fit well in a system like Washington or Seatle.

don't tell anyone this.  how many guaranteed #1 in the nfl have finished their careers as HofFers?  the jets would benefit more moving to get him and unloading their wasted #1.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 01:00:32 PM »
don't tell anyone this.  how many guaranteed #1 in the nfl have finished their careers as HofFers?  the jets would benefit more moving to get him and unloading their wasted #1.

Bingo.  Teams get enamoured with the best QB in college but don't think how he would work in their system.  David Carr shouldn't have been a bust but was not given the chance.  Flacco sucks donkey nuts as a QB but has good record due to his team and system he is in. Drew Brees was ok in San Diego, but then Payton builds a total run and gun system and Brees turns into Marino.

Remember Akili Smith.  Shit.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 01:01:57 PM »

The thinking is if Indy doesn't give Manning his $28 million bonus and decides to run with Luck that Manning will go to the Jets.  That might end up playing like the Brett Favre years.

The U

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 01:05:07 PM »
Bingo.  Teams get enamoured with the best QB in college but don't think how he would work in their system.  David Carr shouldn't have been a bust but was not given the chance.  Flacco sucks donkey nuts as a QB but has good record due to his team and system he is in. Drew Brees was ok in San Diego, but then Payton builds a total run and gun system and Brees turns into Marino.

Remember Akili Smith.  Shit.

Another one for you...........Reid builds the entire offense to cater to Mcnabb's strengths and hide his major weakness (accuracy), leading to a borderline hall of fame career in Philly.  He gets shipped out of town and flushes any chance of being considered a great QB down the gutter..............owne d.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 01:05:47 PM »
Who would kill more zombie bottom twinks?

ron paul

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 09:59:41 AM »

6-2/220 vs 6-4/240

6-2 isn't exactly small, but when we're talking about the NFL, 6-4 is the more attention-getting number. 

Stanford also says more to me than a degree from Baylor, but in RG III's defense, he did graduate in 3 years while playing football at a D1 school in a major conference. 

I'm impressed with Luck's skill set, but I can't say whether he's a gamer, which is something we *did* see in Aaron Rodgers when he was at Cal.  That one-handed catch was pretty sweet, but being a great athlete and being a gamer are not one and the same. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 10:06:47 AM »
I think they will both have solid careers.   

luck will be Eli Manning. 
RGB3 will be something like a slower Vick with much better work ethic.

I'd pick Luck, if only because of the height and pocket consistency against OK... 23 or 24? lol insane.  But you can't go wrong either way.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 10:23:20 AM »
6-2/220 vs 6-4/240

6-2 isn't exactly small, but when we're talking about the NFL, 6-4 is the more attention-getting number. 

Stanford also says more to me than a degree from Baylor, but in RG III's defense, he did graduate in 3 years while playing football at a D1 school in a major conference. 

I'm impressed with Luck's skill set, but I can't say whether he's a gamer, which is something we *did* see in Aaron Rodgers when he was at Cal.  That one-handed catch was pretty sweet, but being a great athlete and being a gamer are not one and the same. 

Brees 6'0
Vick 5'11
Rodgers 6'2

Height for nfl qbs is overrated

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 10:53:12 AM »
I agree completely.......Just saying Vick's arm strength is off the charts.  Been to any UD games this season AMD?

dam how did you know I went there? I guess I must have said it once.

And nope, I haven't been to any games since my senior year. I used to mainly only tailgate and then leave once the game started. They aren't very good unfortunately

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »

excellent post. it's a shame that too few people realize this. and I'm talking about "experts" and others in the media as well

The U

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 11:22:07 AM »
dam how did you know I went there? I guess I must have said it once.

And nope, I haven't been to any games since my senior year. I used to mainly only tailgate and then leave once the game started. They aren't very good unfortunately

I used to post on that other site............you mentioned it over there a few times.  Unfortunately, grew up in that sesspool......luckily I escaped for college only to be sucked back in.  It's crazy how these DE hillbillies get all shitfaced and fired up to watch some Blue Hen Football. 

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 11:25:05 AM »
I used to post on that other site............you mentioned it over there a few times.  Unfortunately, grew up in that sesspool......luckily I escaped for college only to be sucked back in.  It's crazy how these DE hillbillies get all shitfaced and fired up to watch some Blue Hen Football. 

pro muscle? Yea I grew up and still live in new york but I went there for four years of college. I actually loved it since I was tired of city life. I wouldn't have like living in the actual state but the university was amazing...but yea I just couldn't get into blue hen football. I went to maybe 7 games total in 4 years but rarely stayed until the end. My friends never really wanted to either. I hated standing the whole game and being drunk and not able to move. The tailgating was awesome though...I go to dewey every year for memorial day weekend and sometimes one other time. best fucking beachtown ever