Author Topic: triceps  (Read 4329 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: triceps
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 02:51:02 AM »
if it works for you, go for it!

personally, i like higher rep sets but lower volumes... I do train Tris to failure though (unlike Bis which I train in a similar fashion but up to the point of a few good pumps and then that's it)

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 04:38:46 PM »
IMO the only things you need for triceps is one compund movement like dips, close grip bench, decline close grip, floor press. And one extension movement, lying tricep extensions, overhead extensions, pressdowns. Progress on them, when you stall out, switch in new movements, and repeat.

I don't believe there is such a thing as one best excercise for any body part. No matter how great a movement is, it will have draw backs and leave "weak links" . I think that maximum strength and development is better achieved through the use of 2-4 movements cycled throughout the year.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »
Might consider the BB Pullover & Press as a superior compound exercise for the triceps. With the BB, the grip is closer, than the DB version. Close grip is important for the triceps. With the pullover part, the triceps get a very good stretch. With the press part, the triceps get even more work.

WOOO mentioned the one arm DB kickback, which is one of those excellent movements that not many people seem to be doing now days (like the reverse BB curl). Tends to have  less stress on the elbows and you can work up to heavier weight . Good Luck.
F

chess315

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 07:09:42 PM »
Seated French Press....E-Z Curl bar

Triceps Dips Between Benches.......plates or DB on lap
 I do agree wes with the seated extension the long head is largest muscle in the upper arm and most neglected. Dont have to be seated but some sort of stretch extension incline or even 1 arm dumbell. While close grip and dip may be the best in theory you hit them muscles a lot with normal benching and pressing.