Author Topic: Testosterone makes dominant men aggressive, but not the nice guys  (Read 2961 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Testosterone makes dominant men aggressive, but not the nice guys
If you’re a dominant man who likes to boss others around, your testosterone probably makes you aggressive. If you are so relaxed that you don’t feel the need to order others about, then testosterone has nog effect on your mood, psychologists at Brock University in Canada have discovered.

The researchers did experiments with forty male first-year-students. They started by doing a test to determine whether the men had a dominant personality, and then got them to play a computer game. The men had to score points, but someone else – who the test subjects couldn‘t see – could take points away from them. The subjects had a choice in the game: defend themselves against having their points stolen, or take points away from the other. They could choose therefore between an aggressive or defensive game strategy.

Before and after the games sessions, the researchers measured the testosterone concentration in the men’s saliva.

The researchers discovered to start with that the men who had a naturally high testosterone level often - but not always - had a dominant character. The graph below shows the relation between character and testosterone level.

(data with tables in link) Aggression was linked to testosterone. The more testosterone the men produced while playing their computer game, the more aggressive they were.

Nothing new so far. Dominance is known to be linked with aggression, and it is also known that testosterone is linked to aggression. But what about the interaction between the different factors? This is illustrated in the figure below.

The men whose testosterone level rose and who had a dominant character were aggressive. The non-dominant men whose testosterone level rose were not. In fact, in these men it was a decrease in testosterone level that made them aggressive.

This study describes the effect of an endogenous rise in the testosterone level. That is different than the effect of an exogenous rise. But the research does show that testosterone doesn’t make all men aggressive.

The Canadians also did tests with women. The results were fairly similar but the relationships were much weaker. The researchers suspect that the method they used to measure the testosterone concentration didn't work as well in the women.

http://www.ergo-log.com/agrdom.html
l

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Testosterone makes dominant men aggressive, but not the nice guys
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »
so bro science is right as always  ;D

"big jerks become even bigger jerks on roids"

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »
that's why I posted the article lol. If your an asshole steroids will make you a bigger asshole right? I think it's absolutely true.I'm always a nice guy, lazy as fuck and laid back. Test makes me calm as hell, never loose my temper with people. I think naturally agressive people are just more sensitive to the hormone
l

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:38:41 PM »
that's too much shit to read.  but my personal experience with test, tren and other shit is that it's all dependent person to person.  I'm very laid back normally, I do find myself being short tempered on the road when on hormones, but generally I'm still the same.  Mind over matter, maturity over immaturity.
I used to be a stupid drunk when I was younger, now I'm well in control.

basically, STUPID PEOPLE WILL BE STUPID

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
i disagree...if your a naturally dominant in everyone's face type of guy there nothing you can about it lol. nothing to do with being stupid at all, remember being agressive doesnt mean you show it always, it's how you react internally. IF someone says something that makes you want to fucking kill them but you keep to yourself dont say a word and smile, your still agressive, just being smart and have good self control. Then there are guys who dont give a shit about life in general like myself, I literally dont give a fuck about anything and walk through life in a fairy world :)

Then there is the assholes you dont even want to punch, just ignore. We all know juicers like that, always in your face,  loudest guy in the gym,make tons of noise during their sets...you get my point lol
l

Fitness4Life

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 10:21:32 PM »
I guess man, steroids just get a bad rep with people with no self control, sometimes it's just an excuse to go ape shit for them.  Either way, they're douchebags IMO.

theheman

• Getbig III
  • Her tetas were shaped like little pointy tortillas
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »
Does this apply to synthetic testosterone?