Author Topic: NEW GYMS OLD SCHOOL AND NEW SCHOOL  (Read 13322 times)

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
NEW GYMS OLD SCHOOL AND NEW SCHOOL
« on: May 16, 2013, 11:44:48 AM »
I think almost everyday there is a new training facility opening up somewhere.
So. I thought I would start a new post showing one I know of that will be opening soon.
And maybe just maybe some of you will post here ones that you know of that opened in the last year or two near you. This is for Old School or New School type Training facility's.  Any Gyms built now or in the future or in the past as long as you've been there to tell what it was like.
 The one I'm talking about isn't open yet but will be soon.
It is Rick and Tammy Tasi's Brand New Brickyard Gym in Darlington PA. They have sparred no expense on putting togather a fully equipped Gym catering to everyone, New School and Old School alike. Rick has told me that he intends to follow a lot of Zuver's Gym's old practices in haveing plenty of free weights, benches, power racks and heavy dumbbell's to keep any muscle head pumped up. I've spent a lot of time with Rick going over how we ran Zuver's back in the day and I think that has inspired him to try to give his members all the best that he can. Rick is a famed Chiropractor and has followed the muscle world and has trained as a bodybuilder for most of his life.  He has made it his goal to train in as many old school gyms as possible.  
Rick has also dedicated a section of his new Gym to show the History Of Zuver's Hall Of Fame Gym and pay Tribute to my father Big Bob Zuver Sr and all the great things he did for the sport. There will be a growing collection of Zuver Vintige Collectables starting with The Famous 18ft tall ZUVERMAN that stood in front of Zuver's and was seen at the 1977 WSM Show. THE GOLDEN ZUVERMAN BUST That sat on Zuver's Famous Odd Lift Stage in the Original Costa Mesa Gym. Many photos and the stories to go with them. And a special piece of hand strength equipment for you to try, IF YOUR MAN ENOUGH. THE THIRD GENERATION. ONE FINGER LIFT Built by me recently for Ricks New Brickyard Gym. The known heaviest weight for Zuver's lift is 248lbs using the center finger.  Back in the day many a man tried to lift it but few were able to come even close. If you ever have a chance to visit Ricks new place give it a try. If you beat the 248lbs with my unit, witnessed by Rick, he will send me a photo as proof and I will send you a Certificate Of Accomplishment signed by me to hang on your wall as a keepsake.
As I said the display will grow through the years.  The photos below show the three different Big Finger Lifts I've built over the years.
Think you can lift it?
Good luck.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
Re: NEW GYMS OLD SCHOOL AND NEW SCHOOL
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48:26 AM »
The Brickyard Gym

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 11:50:14 AM »
Zuver Things you'll see at the Brickyard Gym Soon.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
A few more shots

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 01:06:44 PM »
nice . i mapped it 330 miles from me one way a little two far. a nice old school gym is the brooklyn barbell company in nyc, my kid did a scene from the good wife in it and said it was a good strongman gym kegs,gymnastic  rings the usual barbell stuff it was pretty old school, it was the boxing scene in one episode.the t-shirts were the old york barbell design only theirs said brooklyn barbell co.in our area now there are quite a few gyms such as retro fitness in easton which just appeared on that tv show undercover boss, three gold's gyms, a coluseum gym 2 la fitness's a bunch of odd ball gyms anytime fitness, 24/7 gym,snap fitness, planet fitness. and even more locally there are three gyms within a stone throw of each other in my small town of 5000.
F

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 01:17:41 PM »
nice . i mapped it 330 miles from me one way a little two far. a nice old school gym is the brooklyn barbell company in nyc, my kid did a scene from the good wife in it and said it was a good strongman gym kegs,gymnastic  rings the usual barbell stuff it was pretty old school, it was the boxing scene in one episode.the t-shirts were the old york barbell design only theirs said brooklyn barbell co.in our area now there are quite a few gyms such as retro fitness in easton which just appeared on that tv show undercover boss, three gold's gyms, a coluseum gym 2 la fitness's a bunch of odd ball gyms anytime fitness, 24/7 gym,snap fitness, planet fitness. and even more locally there are three gyms within a stone throw of each other in my small town of 5000.

It may be to far to workout but you may get a chance to visit some day and get a picture or ten with the ZUVERMAN AND HIS LITTLE BUDDY. I'm sure the Getbig members would love seeing that.
See that's the problem, to many Choices. You have a lot to choose from. It's like that in most city's now. Good for some, bad for others. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 11:56:59 AM »
 :D
F

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 05:35:22 AM »
Good to see Zuvers being remembered in that new gym.. Great job.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 08:37:57 AM »
 :)
F

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 08:52:51 AM »

Could use a bit more Poundage.
But a nice, well used Gym.
I Like.
Zuver Approved.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 08:58:51 AM »
Now this is old school

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 10:01:31 AM »
Now this is old school
i think i saw that pic somewhere else, it looks like you might need a tetanus shot after working out there ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!