Author Topic: It Begins 2012  (Read 5019 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
It Begins 2012
« on: November 22, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »
So who is this supposed surprise?

Some sites are reporting Jericho.....I think it is Taker...

YOur thoughts?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: It Begins 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 06:55:29 AM »
Its got to be Taker, its got his signature all over it. They do it every year anyway lol

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 09:13:18 AM »
2 days out. Is it taker or Jericho

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 12:47:50 PM »
brodus clay the gorf.
F

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 03:38:04 PM »
It was nice to see Jericho back, but I actually got bored of him within 2 minutes of him appearing.  He was so OTT, and 'look at me!' that it put me off completely.  If he'd cut a quality promo, stating why he's back and what he's gonna do, it would've been a lot better IMO.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 06:50:01 PM »
It was nice to see Jericho back, but I actually got bored of him within 2 minutes of him appearing.  He was so OTT, and 'look at me!' that it put me off completely.  If he'd cut a quality promo, stating why he's back and what he's gonna do, it would've been a lot better IMO.

That was the whole point bro. He was making fun of the crowd and face wrestlers.

Some finally started to get it after about 10 minutes and boo him. I think it went over most peoples heads though.

Should be interesting.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 12:42:04 PM »
Will be interesting to see where this goes but of course I will be more interested to see how WWE fucks this up.

Obviously the "she" is the Championship belt.....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 02:14:12 PM »
That was the whole point bro. He was making fun of the crowd and face wrestlers.

Some finally started to get it after about 10 minutes and boo him. I think it went over most peoples heads though.

Intellectual promos that require the audience to think for more than 10-seconds have become few and far between.

Furthermore, it may be that Jericho has been given (some of) the reigns to his mic work.
He's one of the few remaining guys from the generation that was given a general idea and direction as to what to say, but it was up to them to get there.
The same held true for their matches.
Not only is Y2J from that generation, but he may also be one of the few on the current roster who can pull it off.

There may be others, but from what I've been hearing, everything is scripted for these guys now, from A-Z, with no opportunity to improvise and/or react to the audience.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »
I think it went over most peoples heads though.

If it's gonna go over 90% of heads of the viewing audience, why bother doing it?  You'll end up with a grey area of confusion, neither good or bad.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 08:25:07 PM »

Intellectual promos that require the audience to think for more than 10-seconds have become few and far between.

Furthermore, it may be that Jericho has been given (some of) the reigns to his mic work.
He's one of the few remaining guys from the generation that was given a general idea and direction as to what to say, but it was up to them to get there.
The same held true for their matches.
Not only is Y2J from that generation, but he may also be one of the few on the current roster who can pull it off.

There may be others, but from what I've been hearing, everything is scripted for these guys now, from A-Z, with no opportunity to improvise and/or react to the audience.

thats why it sucks so much now. its so scripted and these guys dont react to the crowd. they try to push shit down the fans throats and tell them what to think, what to like, who to cheer, who to boo etc etc.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 08:52:44 PM »
thats why it sucks so much now. its so scripted and these guys dont react to the crowd. they try to push shit down the fans throats and tell them what to think, what to like, who to cheer, who to boo etc etc.

Yeah, we've had this discussion several times over the last 18 months or so.
The shows were great when wrestlers were given a general direction for promos and matches, but were left to work out the details themselves, oftentimes utilizing spontaneity based on crowd reaction.
You miss out on an awful lot by taking away that quality.
Many times improvising = improvement, but it seems WWE doesn't encourage their performers to think or act for themselves.

As a result, this skill is no longer being developed or discovered in today's talent, which means the reactionary element is lost.
Even worse, is that you've got a small number of writers composing dialog and material for a large group of performers.
That creates a cookie-cutter phenomenon, and the same can be said for all the talent to come out of developmental.
Instead of guys (and girls) being able to further develop their skills individually and uniquely, they're all sent to Florida to continue honing their craft the same way under the same trainers.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 11:51:38 AM »
Let's just scrap these long winded 20 minute promos and go back to the 2 minute I am going to do this and that to you right before the match

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 01:24:35 PM »
Will be interesting to see where this goes but of course I will be more interested to see how WWE fucks this up.

Obviously the "she" is the Championship belt.....

The best explanation I heard was that like you said "she" is the championship belt.

The "world" is CM PUNK. Because he took jericho's best in the world moniker and he's come to take that back.

So Jericho's come back to beat cm punk for the title and be called the best in the world once again.

Seemed pretty logical based on the videos to me.

io856

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »
Let's just scrap these long winded 20 minute promos and go back to the 2 minute I am going to do this and that to you right before the match
thats how its done in the indy scene

maybe you should check some of that out

great wrestling albeit inconsistent in feds like pwg and roh

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 10:45:44 AM »
It was ballsy, if anything. Not to sound like a douche, but after hearing some reactions to Jericho during the week, I understand why WWE dumbs down most of the stuff they do and mix it with some hard rock. I think this is going to be the heel of the 21st century, a troll, for lack of a better word lol.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 11:45:05 AM »
...after hearing some reactions to Jericho during the week, I understand why WWE dumbs down most of the stuff they do...

It's sad this is so true that it's come to this.
And, it's not that wrestling fans suddenly became this way, but with the product that's been presented these last few years, I think they've simply lost the ones who could follow the more cerebral stuff.

Reverting back now may leave many of the current fans lost until they get a feel for what is being done.