Author Topic: UFC 142 - Videos & Updates  (Read 7357 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: UFC 142 - Videos & Updates
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »

!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »
~By Michael David Smith,Lead Blogger

José Aldo vs. Chad Mendes
The undefeated Mendes has talked in recent weeks about how he's sure he has the right game plan for Aldo, and about how he has the best wrestling credentials of anyone Aldo has ever fought, and he's coming into this fight with a lot of confidence. And if you look at the fight from a certain point of view, you can see where that confidence comes from: Mendes has, after all, used that superior wrestling to take decisions from some pretty good opponents, and even though this will be Mendes' first five-round fight, he may have a cardio edge over Aldo.

But that's my analysis when I'm trying to look for a reason to think Mendes could win. The hard truth for Mendes is that while he's a better wrestler than anyone Aldo has ever fought before, Aldo is a much, much, much better striker than anyone Mendes has ever fought before. Aldo has become more cautious and tentative in recent fights, and so I'm not expecting to see the kind of devastating knockout that the Aldo of 2008-2009 could be counted on to provide. But I am expecting Aldo to employ leg kicks to keep Mendes at distance, perhaps some knees when Mendes shoots for takedowns, and enough punches to bloody Mendes's face. This fight should be another good opportunity for Aldo to show that he's hands down the best featherweight in MMA.
Pick: Aldo

Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson

Johnson's decision to move up to middleweight is long overdue -- while fighting at welterweight he twice came in more than five pounds over. So will he look better now that he's fighting in a division where he can actually make weight comfortably? I think he will, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes because I see this fight as being more about Belfort's power than Johnson's.

Belfort has had five fights since moving down to middleweight in 2008, and in four of them he knocked his opponent cold with punches. In the fifth, he got knocked cold himself by Anderson Silva's front kick. Johnson certainly has the ability to land a head kick and knock Belfort out with it, but I see Belfort catching Johnson with his hands down and knocking him out.
Pick: Belfort

This is how I predict/hope these two fights will go as well.

!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »
Dana White UFC 142 Vlog Day 2 is a behind the scenes look into UFC 142 weigh-ins.

!

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 04:43:51 PM »
I put some money on mendez because of the 3.3 odds. There is a chance that he can manage to wrestlefuck aldo to a boring decision.

Rooting for aldo though lol.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 07:04:22 AM »
"It was just another day in the gym. But today, it was a big gym." Vitor Belfort breaks down the gameplan for his big win over Anthony Johnson.

UFC Featherweight champ Jose Aldo discusses his emphatic win over previously-undefeated Chad Mendes, and explains why he wanted to celebrate with the fans in Rio.
!

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 10:23:30 AM »
I put some money on mendez because of the 3.3 odds. There is a chance that he can manage to wrestlefuck aldo to a boring decision.

Rooting for aldo though lol.

well this bet went to shit lol.

Im happy palahares ruined anpther leg though. And anthony got fired as I thought  ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 11:15:43 AM »
Time for the UFC to change some rules ,
When a fighter grab the fence to avoid a takedown he should be penalized 1 point and the fight should restart on the ground .
Aldo is the best fighter in the UFC but last night he cheated.

PS: and change 5 minutes rds to 3 minutes rds.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 11:18:48 AM »
Time for the UFC to change some rules ,
When a fighter grab the fence to avoid a takedown he should be penalized 1 point and the fight should restart on the ground .
Aldo is the best fighter in the UFC but last night he cheated.

Agreed. Wouldn't have made a difference. BUT everyone takes advantage of that now since all that happends first time is a warning.. and that can be well worth if if you dont want to end up with a good wrestler on top of you.

Dont know about restart on the ground though. In what position and how do you decide that? point deduction Right away though.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
Agreed. Wouldn't have made a difference. BUT everyone takes advantage of that now since all that happends first time is a warning.. and that can be well worth if if you dont want to end up with a good wrestler on top of you.

Dont know about restart on the ground though. In what position and how do you decide that? point deduction Right away though.
Restart in the same position they were before the foul.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2012, 11:30:06 AM »
Restart in the same position they were before the foul.

you said on the ground though.. Often time it Prevents the TD like in the aldo fight.. so then the restaret would be standing against the cage? Hands were? hands connected if that was what happen right before the td?

they do grab it at times when On the ground to improve position. Then I can understand same position.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »
you said on the ground though.. Often time it Prevents the TD like in the aldo fight.. so then the restaret would be standing against the cage? Hands were? hands connected if that was what happen right before the td?

they do grab it at times when On the ground to improve position. Then I can understand same position.

Restart on the ground

Example

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »
Restart on the ground

Example

hmm. I doubt he would have had his back when it went to the ground. probably side control... So I wouldn't call that fair. And it would Always be contriversal where it should have been started.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 11:43:03 AM »
hmm. I doubt he would have had his back when it went to the ground. probably side control... So I wouldn't call that fair. And it would Always be contriversal where it should have been started.

Fuck Swede ,is not that hard to make a rule and it doesn't have to be perfect, it's a punishment for the person that cheated.
if you make a rule and everybody knows the rule  there is no controversy .
Is it fair that you can't knee a guy in the face because his pinky is touching the canvas  ::)

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »
It's a punishme
Fuck Swede ,is not that hard to make a rule and it doesn't have to be perfect, it's a punishment for the person that cheated.
if you make a rule and everybody knows the rule  there is no controversy .
Is it fair that you can't knee a guy in the face because his pinky is touching the canvas  ::)

Well having the back or not can mean the end of the fight ..or not. thats why I think a start on the ground would be too contriversial. Especially with refs that havent trained mma..

Point deduction right away and retart in the middle I guess would be the best.

Something need to happen.

and yes thats a bs rule.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »
You missed out the best video,especially at 1.48.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »
A 20lb weight increase in 1 day :o

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 11:51:41 AM »
Well having the back or not can mean the end of the fight ..or not. thats why I think a start on the ground would be too contriversial. Especially with refs that havent trained mma..

Point deduction right away and retart in the middle I guess would be the best.

Something need to happen.

and yes thats a bs rule.
You can end a fight with a slam,  KO ,break an arm ,dislocate a shoulder ....etc ,

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 11:52:27 AM »
A 20lb weight increase in 1 day :o

would probably be heavier if he could haev rehydrated Right away.
Fucked up his cardio thats for sure.

And now hes

...Fired

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2012, 11:55:31 AM »
You can end a fight with a slam,  KO ,break an arm ,dislocate a shoulder ....etc ,

Ofc. my opinion remains though.. I would rather se a point deduction and restart in the middle rather then a Bunch of controversy each and every fucking time a match restart on the ground when it was standing.  "he would have ended up there" no he wouldn't have he always ends up there"  " no not this time you can see it!!" " no yopu cant!!" "he won because of that!" "no he didn't!!"  etc etc. There's already More then enough controversy with the retarded judges at times.

but as I mention something should change. and point deduction and restart in the middle would be easiest to implement. And thats still enough to make a winning round a Draw for the person that cheats.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
Ofc. my opinion remains though.. I would rather se a point deduction and restart in the middle rather then a Bunch of controversy each and every fucking time a match restart on the ground when it was standing.  "he would have ended up there" no he wouldn't have he always ends up there"  " no not this time you can see it!!" " no yopu cant!!" "he won because of that!" "no he didn't!!"  etc etc

but as I mention something should change. and point deduction and restart in the middle would be easiest to implement. And thats still enough to make a winning round a Draw for the person that cheats.

I give up.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2012, 12:01:26 PM »
I give up.

We disagree. It's ok.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »
would probably be heavier if he could haev rehydrated Right away.
Fucked up his cardio thats for sure.

And now hes

...Fired

I was talking about Vitor,he weighed 186 then the next day just over 205,a nearly 20lb gain in 1 day.I know how shit i used to feel after a contest diet and i put 20lbs on over the course of a week,but to do it in 1 day is crazy.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2012, 12:07:14 PM »
I was talking about Vitor,he weighed 186 then the next day just over 205,a nearly 20lb gain in 1 day.I know how shit i used to feel after a contest diet and i put 20lbs on over the course of a week,but to do it in 1 day is crazy.

well apparently anthony was 187 or something simular before doctors forced him to rehydrate..(might be bs) and then 211 with a lot less time to rehydrate then he normally would have had.. so anthony always gains more then 20 pounds. Negga fights at 170 normally ffs lol. probabnly 200 fight night when he cuts to 170.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »
Johnson was 197lbs.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »
Johnson was 197lbs.

Did you not read my post? The doctors stopped his weightcut Before the weigh in and forced him to rehydrate Before the weigh in.
I guess I should have added the "before". I thought you would understand since we Know what he weighed in at