Author Topic: Wrestlemania 28  (Read 9583 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Wrestlemania 28
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:11:58 PM »
So lets start plotting...

So far it's a lock HHH vs Taker

rumors of Jericho v Punk

Cena vs Rock

Will Daniel Bryan still have the belt? Who will he wrestle??

What re you guys hearing for other matches?

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Wrestlemania 28
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 12:03:07 PM »
I could see something like this:
Cena-Rock
Punk-Jericho
HHH-Taker
Daniel Bryan-Orton(Royal Rumble winner)
Sheamus-Del Rio
I read they are bringing back the Money In The Bank Match..so I'd have Ziggler win that

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:11:38 AM »
Ok here is a crazy theory...

Right now Ziggler's stock is going thru the roof and is feuding heavy with Punk. Now lets say Jericho wins the Rumble and challenges Punk at WM...where does this leave ziggler?

I think at RR Zigs and Jericho should be the last 2 and somehow both go over the ropes like Hart and Lex did years ago...now this ets up a 3 way at WM

OR

Ziggler loses to punk at Rumble and is no longer granted a title shot so he now goes after Daniel Bryan.......he is really the odd man out...is DB going to lost the belt prior to WM or will he go into it the champ and who will he face?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
Ok here is a crazy theory...

Right now Ziggler's stock is going thru the roof and is feuding heavy with Punk. Now lets say Jericho wins the Rumble and challenges Punk at WM...where does this leave ziggler?

I think at RR Zigs and Jericho should be the last 2 and somehow both go over the ropes like Hart and Lex did years ago...now this ets up a 3 way at WM

OR

Ziggler loses to punk at Rumble and is no longer granted a title shot so he now goes after Daniel Bryan.......he is really the odd man out...is DB going to lost the belt prior to WM or will he go into it the champ and who will he face?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm not fond of three-way dance main events at Mania.
I remember HHH going on record saying they had some regrets over the one they did about 6 or 7 years back.
I don't remember which it was, who was in it, or if they've done one since, but my feelings about them won't change.

I also feel a little bad for whoever ends up being the main event since they will likely be overshadowed by Rock/Cena, which will be the top of the card, regardless.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 11:27:22 AM »
So lets start plotting...

So far it's a lock HHH vs Taker

rumors of Jericho v Punk

Cena vs Rock

Will Daniel Bryan still have the belt? Who will he wrestle??

What re you guys hearing for other matches?

A THIRD Undertaker-Helmsley match? I DON'T THINK SO!

How does it increase the value of the "streak", if 'Taker keeps fighting the same guys multiple times. He needs a NEW opponent.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 04:17:37 PM »
There are rumors that Show will be facing Shaq so again this leaves Daniel B without a match. I agree tho, HHH vs UT...shouldn't happen

BUT then again his promo weeks ago could fall to the waistside like many angles.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »
Myself and all my people have agreed and now believe Mankind is coming back to face Undertaker for the streak. If DB goes into Mania as the champion, i don't think he will, but if he does he's leaving without the belt. Hopefully the Big Show stays involved because Timmy thinks he's been doing great work with DB. I'll bet anything part of Jerichos deal to return is an immediate title run. He's gonna beat Punk and Punk is gonna disappear and go back as a mid-carder. That cult or personality and best in the world angle has failed. Cena is gonna beat the Rock and turn heel. If there is MITB, Ziggler is the winner. Not sure what the Diva match is gonna be? Don't really care. Don't know how Laurinitus, Del Rio, Sheamus, or Kane will be involved? HHH will only be behind the scenes. It's gonna be a great show! 

Worthless for Undertaker, in terms of the streak. Even Foley said himself in 1998, the fans need another Mankind-Undertaker match like a hole in the head. Even with Hell in a Cell, the match was, for the most part, pedestrian (except for Mankind getting chucked off the top of the cell to the table; the other big bump, crashing through the cage, was an ACCIDENT).

'Taker needs a major heel to fight. So far, the only heel with any steam to make such a challenge is Wade Barrett. If it weren't for this Rock-Cena match, booked a year in advance, a Cena-'Taker match would have been a major draw.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 09:56:30 PM »
Myself and all my people have agreed and now believe Mankind is coming back to face Undertaker for the streak. If DB goes into Mania as the champion, i don't think he will, but if he does he's leaving without the belt. Hopefully the Big Show stays involved because Timmy thinks he's been doing great work with DB. I'll bet anything part of Jerichos deal to return is an immediate title run. He's gonna beat Punk and Punk is gonna disappear and go back as a mid-carder. That cult or personality and best in the world angle has failed. Cena is gonna beat the Rock and turn heel. If there is MITB, Ziggler is the winner. Not sure what the Diva match is gonna be? Don't really care. Don't know how Laurinitus, Del Rio, Sheamus, or Kane will be involved? HHH will only be behind the scenes. It's gonna be a great show! 

Bro.

Punk gets a louder pop then anyone else on the show right now most nights. Cena included.

Im almost sure there isnt going to be a MITB because they still have that ppv on the calendar for 2012. Thats the reason they didnt have the MITB at last years WM.

As for Mankind facing Taker. I hope and highly doubt that doesnt happen. Im pretty sure we're going to see the taker/hhh rematch that was teased after last years mania.

So I think its gonna  be.

Cena/Rock main event
Jericho/Punk semi main
Show/Shaq special presentation
HHH/Taker 2
Bryan ( as a reward for excelling in his role these past few weeks )/Orton
Ziggler/?
Barrett/?
Worthless diva's match.
Some other 6 man to get more guys on the show so they can get a check.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 09:39:11 AM »
I could personally do without Orton, doesn't really do anthing for me.

I was listening to a Punk interview with Fatboy Mark Madden, he asked him if he had creative control, punk said he doesnt like this term but has input. In saying this I dont think Punk will go to mid card status.

What about SHeamus??

Perhaps a Sheamus vs Barrett feud. I see them on the brink of pushing Sheamus again...

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 04:59:04 PM »
2011 was the rise of Punk and 2012 will be the end of him. No hate towards him, I have always thought he was great. Once Cena turns heel he's gonna reign supreme as one champ and Orton will be the other. Punk is out.

Cena will NEVER! turn heel.

He's the companies number 1 merchandise seller. He wont go heel. At the most I can see them doing a version of what they did with Bret Hart in the late 90's early 00's were he was a heel in the states but a face in canada. Except with Cena he'll be a heel with adult men and a face with kids and women.......Pretty much like it is now. The guy makes the company too much money for them to turn him heel and turn away his fan base. Plus kids (who mostly attend wwe shows now ) will have a hard time booing him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »
Cena will NEVER! turn heel.

He's the companies number 1 merchandise seller. He wont go heel. At the most I can see them doing a version of what they did with Bret Hart in the late 90's early 00's were he was a heel in the states but a face in canada. Except with Cena he'll be a heel with adult men and a face with kids and women.......Pretty much like it is now. The guy makes the company too much money for them to turn him heel and turn away his fan base. Plus kids (who mostly attend wwe shows now ) will have a hard time booing him.

Yep.
I mentioned something very similar in another thread not long ago.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 05:12:25 PM »

Yep.
I mentioned something very similar in another thread not long ago.

Ive been watching wrestling for about 20 years and this might be the worst the product has been.

But turning Cena heel is not the answer.

They need to go back to what works. Telling good stories that people will invest their time time, emotions, and most importantly money into.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
Ive been watching wrestling for about 20 years and this might be the worst the product has been.

But turning Cena heel is not the answer.

They need to go back to what works. Telling good stories that people will invest their time time, emotions, and most importantly money into.

Yeah, but I think that, first, they need to find what works.
The past successful formulas have become antiquated due to times and audiences changing.
Fans like us may yern for the days of old, but - as I've said before - we're not the mainstream...unfortunate ly.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 04:59:14 AM »
Timmy agrees with you guys, but Cena is changing. Once the Rock started calling him fruity pebble Cenas colorful outfits are gone. They are pushing him in a different direction. I just don't get where Kane has come into play? Cena doesn't loose and if they are trying to reinvent Kane why is he running a program with Cena? One other thing that I don't understand is the product targeting kids? How is it or ever has been a show targeted for kids? What part of it is targeted for children? Vicki, DX, all the Divas, the none stop violence, Hell in the Cell, or all the superstars covered with tattoos? What part of the show is for kids besides hornswoggle? Timmy doesn't get how people say it's targeted for kids? 3:16 and the attitude era just brought it to another level. It has never been a kids show. In the 80's maybe when the Federation went mainstream. VKM is targeting money. It's not a kids show. It's just toned down now.

Maybe instead of "targeting kids," a better phrase is "kid-friendly."
I think the suggestion is that it currently seems like more of a kiddie show than it has since the late 80's/early 90's, as evidenced by the show's content and the number of younger fans you see in the audience.

Although, even during the "Attitude" years, toy stores carried action figures of Austin, Golddust, D-X, etc.
I think there's always a kids' market, but after they toned down the caliber of the show in the fallout from the Benoit
tragedy, it's become more kid-oriented.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 05:18:03 AM »
There are rumors that Show will be facing Shaq so again this leaves Daniel B without a match. I agree tho, HHH vs UT...shouldn't happen

BUT then again his promo weeks ago could fall to the waistside like many angles.

P.S. its wayside....

way·side :  The side or edge of a road, way, path, or highway.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 10:21:22 AM »
approxamately 1 month out and where is Zigglers match?

Swagger as US CHamp is as hot as the tag division...sad really

Sooooo....lets put them in a tag match vs Epico and Primo for the belts....anyone feel me on this one?

I think what I am most looking forward to is Bryan vs Sheamus.....this can go either way....

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 04:10:22 PM »
They are really doing well with the builds for the confirmed matches. I really had no interest in Rock-Cena, but these past two weeks have really gotten me excited for it. Cena killed it last night. Don't really know why Rock had notes written on his arm...

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 10:44:10 AM »
Spoiler for Smackdown.
Cody Rhodes vs Big Show for IC title. So, looks like no Shaq.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »
Spoiler for Smackdown.

Cody Rhodes vs Big Show for IC title. So, looks like no Shaq.

Does nothing for me. Time for Big Show to hang it up. He is another person that has supposedly invested well. Doesn't need to continue wrestling like other people I wont mention WOOOOO

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »
there was a spoiler released for the Sheamus v Bryan match released a few days ago so no point in watching that one lol

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 06:26:36 AM »
there was a spoiler released for the Sheamus v Bryan match released a few days ago so no point in watching that one lol

Do tell........

Also read that that WWE is trying to evenly match Cena vs Rock with Fan base (50/50) which they may have accomplished on Monday. I still laugh at the promo on the wrist thing...

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 06:54:19 AM »
At the beginning of the new month, PPV provider InDemand has released WWE's official PPV poster and description for WrestleMania 28. Included is a note that Rey Mysterio is advertised for Mania. Mysterio said last week that he's hoping to be healthy-enough for Mania. Also noteworthy, but subject to change, from the description is the "Once In a Lifetime" tagline for The Rock vs. John Cena, suggesting there will not be a re-match or series of matches.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 07:47:06 AM »
If it is indeed a 1 off then i have trouble seeing the end product. If Rock wins, Cena is left without crowd backing (the mob will turn on him again after all is said and done) and Rock can ride off into the sunset without having to follow it up. If Cena wins, Rock's return has no impact on the product as Cena will be seen to be gaining favouritism in the way he was the man to beat Khali, Umaga etc (which still didnt help him gain many fans). I can see Cena turning heel but i dont know how all of this fits into it in te long run.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 08:32:06 AM »
If it is indeed a 1 off then i have trouble seeing the end product. If Rock wins, Cena is left without crowd backing (the mob will turn on him again after all is said and done) and Rock can ride off into the sunset without having to follow it up. If Cena wins, Rock's return has no impact on the product as Cena will be seen to be gaining favouritism in the way he was the man to beat Khali, Umaga etc (which still didnt help him gain many fans). I can see Cena turning heel but i dont know how all of this fits into it in te long run.

So perhaps not a clean finish? Someone comes in (Punk), cleans both their clocks/lays them out which leads to Cena/Rock II at Summerslam?

No matter what happens Cena is walking out the heel whether he acts it or not.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 08:55:02 AM »
I still think Kane will intervene and help to turn Cena heel, but where from there? Thise 2 vs Rock N' Sock at SS isnt exactly marquee.