Author Topic: Flex Wheeler - Pics You May Not Have Seen!!!  (Read 13406 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Flex Wheeler - Pics You May Not Have Seen!!!
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2012, 02:46:29 PM »
In previous usa's and nats, he smashed the trophies he received
never heard that, I know Titus did that...
Flex was 2nd in 91, and one could argue that he may of deserved it...and had he turned Pro, he'd look like the 92 version of himself,thereby giving him room to grow....even still Mike Matarazzo didn't really pan out to well (okay he was top 10 a few yrs)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »
What a jackass.  Kenny always said he adopted a stage persona because he was Mr. Insecure or some shit, but the fact as I see it is, he pranced around Venice like he was the king shit as soon as he won the '92 USAs.  Then, the zap really went to his head when he won his first few pro shows.  The #### literally SWAGGERED around then, like he was untouchable.

Then, Dorian kicked his ass six ways from Sunday at the Olympia, and he went and broke his fucking neck by driving too fast in a car he was stupid to blow his money on. 

Anybody watched some of his training videos, like after he won the '93 ASC?  I'm not sure if it was Mits filming or what, but it was very MTV-like -- jerky camera movements and a bunch of unprofessional bullshit transition shots (e.g., from the floor to the ceiling, then back to Flex and company).  At the outset of that video, Flex walked in, introduced himself as blah-blah times champion, trainer Charles Glass (it sounds like "me, trainer BLAST), and "Rico Mc-Clint-ton!  Hahahaha.  Sorry 'bout dat, asshole.

Then they train "back" and the joker makes some comment to Levrone about knocking on doors.  Almost sheepishly, "Flex" says really fast, "I don't knock on doors ####, I knock doors over," and then he initiates a "mighty" cable row set with lots of grunting and whimpering, only to quit well shy of failure.

Levrone owned his mind after whipping po widdle Flex, house negro, at the '91 Nationals.  Flex could huff and puff all he wanted, but he knew Levrone would own him on each and every lift.  That's why I enjoyed seeing Kenny lose the '96 ASC to K-LO.  I think Flex deserved to win -- and with relative ease -- but fuck him. 

That's probably about what the IFBB judges thought -- put the cocky SOB in his place.  That's crooked as fuck, but in a way, if all of what I said's true, I cannot completely blame them.  They're still bastards for putting personal feelings ahead of a proper evaluation, but they did turn around and give Flex lots of titles thereafter.  In those cock-sucking judges' minds, maybe everything balanced out :|
my take on Flex's attitude is that he was a VERY skinny youngster, i saw a picture of him in his book where he looked all of 110 pounds at the same height he is now and from what i've seen in the black male community this type of bodytype is made fun of and picked on by not only other males but black females as well, as he grew muscles with the weights, needle and food his bully side kicked in, this isnt any criticism of him as a bodybuilder, he was easily the second or third best ever but it explains his attitude.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2012, 03:11:50 PM »
my take on Flex's attitude is that he was a VERY skinny youngster, i saw a picture of him in his book where he looked all of 110 pounds at the same height he is now and from what i've seen in the black male community this type of bodytype is made fun of and picked on by not only other males but black females as well, as he grew muscles with the weights, needle and food his bully side kicked in, this isnt any criticism of him as a bodybuilder, he was easily the second or third best ever but it explains his attitude.

Might I add, Flex sold 10 whole copies of that book.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2012, 03:12:47 PM »
He was insecure, combined that with being shy, and that child molestation (by grown females), and losing fights, you get FLEX..an alternate personality...a superhero. But, it was all an act.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2012, 03:32:49 PM »
I trained at Golds the same time he Cormier and Rico did, he carried on like a bully with those he could , the guys attitude was off the scale, forget the ninja story and his take on his fighting skills, he had no heart and backed down from conflict with serious individuals on more than one occasion, Flex with his ecto meso genetics needed a huge amount of androgens to hang at that level and there is no doubt this contributed to him being one of the biggest ass holes you could ever hope to meet. Saying that the guys physique was amazing especially in his rookie year, my three best shapes for that era are

1 Doz 93 untouchable
 2 Flex 93 Ironman Arnold  shape and overall flow close to best ever, would have been great to see him at the olympia next to yates in this sort of shape.
 3 Leverone 93 at Olympia, his skin was like paper and his physique was so balanced

Im no big Ron, he has the most muscle mass of any guy ever in the sport but his shape structure and balance are genetically inferior to the guys above at their peak.

TheTrueVictor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2012, 03:34:23 PM »
He was insecure, combined that with being shy, and that child molestation (by grown females), and losing fights, you get FLEX..an alternate personality...a superhero. But, it was all an act.

QFT.

Exactly what he said in his autobiography, FlexAppeal.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2012, 02:25:10 AM »
never heard that, I know Titus did that...
Flex was 2nd in 91, and one could argue that he may of deserved it...and had he turned Pro, he'd look like the 92 version of himself,thereby giving him room to grow....even still Mike Matarazzo didn't really pan out to well (okay he was top 10 a few yrs)

Don't know if he smashed it in 89, but he did in 90 and 91, there was an interview where they touched on it

Titus probably learnt from him

Imagine how many trophies bob chic wouldve smashed ! Took him a while to turn pro in a very strong npc era, at least he was a class act about it