Author Topic: Pec tear bench press disaster (video)  (Read 53814 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: Pec tear bench disaster (video)
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2012, 06:51:09 PM »
Without the bench shirt, he would not be able to even attempt to lift that much.

It's foolish..

"1"

His max without a shirt was around 200 kg.  :-\

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2012, 08:38:31 PM »
heavy bench press... i learned my lesson last november.
i almost lost my left shoulder.

now i stay in the 8/10 reps range, no bounce no cheat.
asstropin

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2012, 08:43:04 PM »
Go hard or go home...guess he's going home after that one  :-\

hahahahhahah.......that was funny.......well, I guess some people have to learn a hard lesson in other to get their ego in check....this was a perfect example

Wolfsanglerune

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »
agreed...The sport is a joke now, fucking shirts , spotters, 4 inch rom...These guys are so far removed from guys like Kaz...he was a monster...now you have these fat fucks that are a joke
what i see around my area powerlifting seems to attract fat people maybe because it allows them to say they work out and "not worried about being cut"
what they fail understand is a part of being big and strong is being somewhat lean and having noticable muscle mass.
i think its a fucking joke when i see some "elite powerlifter"who looks like the 650 virgin.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »
Benny Magnusson is pretty awesome.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2012, 09:03:30 PM »
Benny Magnusson is pretty awesome.

super strong
made that look easy
choice is an illusion

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2012, 12:18:25 AM »
what a wholesome family friendly thread this turned out to be.

brutal ripping, he looked in control on the way down just flared and wobbled too much at the weakpoint on the way up.

this is why my days of repping 405 are long over.. 350 for slow reps with a pause and total control + rack it the second you fatigue enough to loose the groove

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2012, 01:35:59 AM »
Tore his pec on his second press with 385.. jusding from how he struggled with 365.. he should have quit while he was ahead..
ouch

Didn't chick say he stopped doing bench press and squats years ago?  Personally, I don't mess with it anymore, just do mostly machine with moderate weight.  

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2012, 02:53:26 AM »

That's hilarious to watch. lol.

As for the Donnie Thomson "squat" that's ridiculous. He did a bigger range of motion getting under the bar!

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2012, 03:07:10 AM »
SEAL ;D wont recover
Herpes

Gab

• Getbig II
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2012, 03:19:54 AM »
my buddy completly tore his pec benching 250lbs. don't ask me how. we were 20 or so at the time.
however at the hospital the doctor told him that tears can only happen if you're on steroids so that must be the reason.

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2012, 03:23:40 AM »
If a dude any dude non trainer never taken roids went under say 800 he would tear too
Roids or not
Herpes

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2012, 03:26:23 AM »
Tore his pec on his second press with 385.. jusding from how he struggled with 365.. he should have quit while he was ahead..
ouch

WOW! I'll be more careful when maxing out with my 140 lbs personal record
North of Italy

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2012, 03:27:49 AM »

MY fuk, please....  ::)

Gayer than asking your ugly wife / gf come to gym to watch how you fail in life..  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2012, 03:37:18 AM »
Just how bad does a muscle tear hurt? In every single case I've seen grown men are screaming for their lives.. it can't be a pleasant experience at all. You'd think that the initial pain would be numbed by the adrenaline rush but nope.
from incomplete data

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2012, 03:54:29 AM »
Wow he actually dropped the bar on himself too. I wonder if the bench press victim always drops the bar when the pec tears.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2012, 03:56:36 AM »
do i detect a hint of racial tension in this thread  :D
T

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2012, 03:58:01 AM »
do i detect a hint of racial tension in this thread  :D

not at all mate...and i'm sure if we were at a bar drinking none of this would happen, it's the internet
North of Italy

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2012, 03:59:38 AM »
our andy bolton has lifted some huge numbers off the floor......... you cant shallow squat or bench suit your way out of a deadlift

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2012, 05:20:44 AM »
ouch

If you watch the video again a little closer...you can see on the first rep, he most likely tears it a bit at the finish of the first attempt...look at the grimace on his face and the turn to that side as he flexes it...

Finished it off at the second attempt....guy wasn't built for bench, long arms, grip to narrow, not big front to back....

I've said it for years boys....bench press...worst exercise for chest, the cause of 99 percent of pec tears...I would give it 100 percent, but other than the exception, chances are the injury doing something else, was set up by the bench prior.

to quote myself : "It's not how much you bench, it's how much you LOOK like you can bench!"

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2012, 05:21:46 AM »
I agree 100% with Bob on "benching". He is very smart when it comes to training.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2012, 05:28:35 AM »
Good advice from Chick per usual.

Unless you are a powerlifter,you should probably stay away from max benching as a pec builder, because it`s more of an ego builder and a shoulder wrecker,not to mention the good old pec tear that you might recieve as an added bonus.

Real powerlifters that anyone interested might want to look up on videoes:

Jon Cole
Vince Anello
Bud Ravenscroft
Fred Hatfield
Lamar Gant
Ron Collins
Don Rheinhoudt
Hideaki Inaba
Mike McDonald
Jim Williams
John Redding
Doyle Kenady
Joe White
Jerry Jones

Lots more of this era.....these guys lifted fucking huge weight with just knee wrapsmchalk,and a fucking lifting belt!!

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2012, 05:37:10 AM »
Mike McDonald was ridiculous, if I'm thinking of the right guy. Late 70s/early 80s and could bench 500+ raw and looked like nothing special at all.

The worst part of the shirts isn't so much the top guys as the twinks who bench 250, throw on a bench shirt and can tell all their friends they benched 400-500 in a meet. Brutal.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2012, 05:42:38 AM »
I've got a few articles floating around if anyone cares to look them up...

heres the bottom line boys:

bench press sucks because it's  a very bad position for the shoulders, not unlike the throwing position in baseball, etc...

we aren't naturally built for the bench as most people have one arm slightly longer than the other, which automatically places the stress on the longer arm/ shoulder, especially at the bottom of the movement

The straight bar automatically put your shoulder/ pec into a bad position as its an unnatural one....unless you walk with you knuckles dragging on the ground...out hands are naturally angled.

most people have one arm weaker than the other, which only emphasis the above, especially if the weaker arm is the longer one

Unless you're built for the bench....short, stocky, short arms, barrel chest....AND have the proper technique....the bench should ONLY be used as just another exercise for chest, no different and no more importance than a pec deck, fly or decline....

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2012, 05:50:29 AM »
I've got a few articles floating around if anyone cares to look them up...

heres the bottom line boys:

bench press sucks because it's  a very bad position for the shoulders, not unlike the throwing position in baseball, etc...

we aren't naturally built for the bench as most people have one arm slightly longer than the other, which automatically places the stress on the longer arm/ shoulder, especially at the bottom of the movement

The straight bar automatically put your shoulder/ pec into a bad position as its an unnatural one....unless you walk with you knuckles dragging on the ground...out hands are naturally angled.

most people have one arm weaker than the other, which only emphasis the above, especially if the weaker arm is the longer one

Unless you're built for the bench....short, stocky, short arms, barrel chest....AND have the proper technique....the bench should ONLY be used as just another exercise for chest, no different and no more importance than a pec deck, fly or decline....

Very nice post , chick.....I would like to see you do more teaching here on Getbig like you did above instead of wasting so much time fighting with idiots on here..although, don't give that up entirely since I love seeing you rip them a new a-hole....

good informative post....thanks