Author Topic: Your workout DOES matter  (Read 2033 times)

SamsonD

• Getbig II
Your workout DOES matter
« on: February 06, 2012, 06:12:59 AM »
So I've been on getbig for long enough to see a very disturbing trend.  It seems to me that there is not a lot of talk about training, it's mostly drugs and people saying BB is ALL drugs and training is basically irrelevant.
Is BB all drugs?  How about mostly, would anyone buy that?  Certainly to be a competitive body-builder drugs are going to be necessary, probably in decent amounts.  Can a bunch of drugs make up for lackluster effort in the gym and at the table?  They certainly can, but imagine what you could do if all three phases were where they need to be, ie training/diet AND drugs.

Now, I'm not one of these blow hards that says drugs are the icing on the cake, the last 10% or some shit of what you need to be succesfull.  NO, if you want to be a bodybuilder and be any good at it you are going to be on drugs year round IMO.  And by the time you are a heavy or super heavy you will be on some shit.  What I don't buy is that someone has to use mega doses right off the bat, or that you should use mega doses to make up for training and diet problems.  For example: GH15 is always talking about being on legit GH and eating pizza and ice cream and being 7% BF.  You sure as shit can do that if youre on 10+iu per day, but what if you want to be on 5 or six?  What if you need to take a break off GH?  What if you're coming off a "cruise" and want to start a new blast but don't want to run 3+ grams of gear per week?  I think you can make decent gains without these huge amounts of GH and aas if you start training effectively and eating like a bodybuilder.

Training heavy is the way to go here guys.  Keep in mind that "heavy" is a relative term.  You lift what is heavy to YOU.  Maybe right now you can incline 250 for 8 reps and that's failure.  Well some guys just do that 250 for 8 everytime they go to the gym and never progress.  You HAVE to progress.  Hell, it's also FUN, it makes going to the gym less of a chore if you are doing different shit and trying to get stronger.  So next time how about you do 250 for 9?  Or go up to 255 and get 6 or 7?  Get off the machines and cables and start your workout with heavy free weight compound exercises.

Then, when you are hungry eat a decent amount of protein and carbs for your body makeup.  Don't force feed yourself but eat when your body tells you.  And no you don't have to eat chicken and brocoli for every meal.  Have a cheat meal a few times or more a week.  But for the most part keep it healthy/clean.  I would bet that most of the guys on this board, especially that have half way decent gentetics could gain more on less, or keep gaining on a certain dose for longer, if they would pay as much attention to their diet and training as they do what stack they are going to run next.

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Your workout DOES matter
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
GREAT THREAD......I AGREE WITH YOU......THE WAY YOU WORKOUT DOES MATTER.

JUICE OR NO JUICE.....YOU MUST SPEND TIME TRAINING AND YOU HAVE TO LEARN WHAT SYSTEM WORKS BEST FOR YOUR INDIVIDUAL BODY.

MOST OF THESE MORONS THINK THAT IF YOU STICK A NEEDLE IN YOUR ASS.....YOU CAN MOVE FURNITURE AND YOU'LL LOOK LIKE A CHAMP.

IT TAKES EFFORT AND MANY YEARS OF DEDICATION TO DEVELOPE A COMPLETE PHYSIQUE.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 12:15:21 PM »
if you aint lifting the weights regularly & meaningfully all the rest is just wank twaddle
c

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »
So I've been on getbig for long enough to see a very disturbing trend.  It seems to me that there is not a lot of talk about training, it's mostly drugs and people saying BB is ALL drugs and training is basically irrelevant.
Is BB all drugs?  How about mostly, would anyone buy that?  Certainly to be a competitive body-builder drugs are going to be necessary, probably in decent amounts.  Can a bunch of drugs make up for lackluster effort in the gym and at the table?  They certainly can, but imagine what you could do if all three phases were where they need to be, ie training/diet AND drugs.

Now, I'm not one of these blow hards that says drugs are the icing on the cake, the last 10% or some shit of what you need to be succesfull.  NO, if you want to be a bodybuilder and be any good at it you are going to be on drugs year round IMO.  And by the time you are a heavy or super heavy you will be on some shit.  What I don't buy is that someone has to use mega doses right off the bat, or that you should use mega doses to make up for training and diet problems.  For example: GH15 is always talking about being on legit GH and eating pizza and ice cream and being 7% BF.  You sure as shit can do that if youre on 10+iu per day, but what if you want to be on 5 or six?  What if you need to take a break off GH?  What if you're coming off a "cruise" and want to start a new blast but don't want to run 3+ grams of gear per week?  I think you can make decent gains without these huge amounts of GH and aas if you start training effectively and eating like a bodybuilder.

Training heavy is the way to go here guys.  Keep in mind that "heavy" is a relative term.  You lift what is heavy to YOU.  Maybe right now you can incline 250 for 8 reps and that's failure.  Well some guys just do that 250 for 8 everytime they go to the gym and never progress.  You HAVE to progress.  Hell, it's also FUN, it makes going to the gym less of a chore if you are doing different shit and trying to get stronger.  So next time how about you do 250 for 9?  Or go up to 255 and get 6 or 7?  Get off the machines and cables and start your workout with heavy free weight compound exercises.

Then, when you are hungry eat a decent amount of protein and carbs for your body makeup.  Don't force feed yourself but eat when your body tells you.  And no you don't have to eat chicken and brocoli for every meal.  Have a cheat meal a few times or more a week.  But for the most part keep it healthy/clean.  I would bet that most of the guys on this board, especially that have half way decent gentetics could gain more on less, or keep gaining on a certain dose for longer, if they would pay as much attention to their diet and training as they do what stack they are going to run next.

I agree with you that GetBig has gotten sidetracked somewhat where the vast majority of threads and conversations on here are non-bodybuilding related and focus on "owning" people.....unlike when I started here 6 years ago....we talk about G4P, steroids, GH15, black people, etc...but training seems to be secondary

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »
Awesome post.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
I think you might be preaching to the choir here on the training forum.
The majority of the people on the G&O get their training info from Flex and MD so it's easy to see why they believe training is irrelevant.

By the way I totally agree with you on listening to your body when it comes to food instead of force feeding yourself.
If your training and recovery is right and you're making progress your body will ask for more food.  

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »
i agree..... BUT a friend of mine who was a skinny stoner all his life recently gained 60lbs of muscle (in about 3 years) and hit the stage at 160lbs at 5'5"... he's 41

did he work out and eat well for 3 years?  yes

did the drugs make a HUGE difference?   duh

is he healthier now than before?  hell no... blood pressure through the roof, negative lipids, etc...

lifting weights to be a stronger person is noble and worthwhile

getting on stage with other men while on anabolics is both gay and fruitless (pardon the pun)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »

Good post!