Author Topic: Suicide - would you ever consider it?  (Read 29040 times)

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
Re: Suicide
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »
You'd be surprised to learn that most folks who consider suicide only think they want to die. When actually faced with death the will to live is usually very strong.
You might want to remind the, countless people, who have offed themselves in the last 100 years worldwide.
They seem to have lost focus with that little reality trip.

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 09:08:29 PM »
That`s what I meant,and that`s what I`m diagnosed with along with extreme anxiety disorder.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry to read that you have these issues with depression and anxiety. I can only imagine how hard that is for someone to live with on a day to day basis. I've experienced short periods of explainable depression and less occasionally, anxiety, for which I sought help. To have to deal with these feelings everyday would be awful. In my limited experience, I believe meds can be a real help.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
Suicide is selfish, cowardly, and easy.  It's not that you have the right to live, you were born so you either live or die and as 50 Cent said "Death gotta be easy cuz life is hard."

........itll leave you physically mentally and emotionally scarred ".........

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012, 09:13:10 PM »
Sorry to read that you have these issues with depression and anxiety. I can only imagine how hard that is for someone to live with on a day to day basis. I've experienced short periods of explainable depression and less occasionally, anxiety, for which I sought help. To have to deal with these feelings everyday would be awful. In my limited experience, I believe meds can be a real help.
Thank you,I have had depression issues most of my life.....to be honest,sadly enough,I`m kind of used to it.

It does ebb and flow though,thank god.........but when it does rear it`s ugly head,it`s a bitch.

Thanks again bud!  :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »
You might want to remind the, countless people, who have offed themselves in the last 100 years worldwide.
They seem to have lost focus with that little reality trip.

PT

Right. Well unfortunately, people are often successful in their attempt to kill themselves. Still, it can be a "cry for help" which sometimes comes too late to do any good.

My mom tried to off herself so many times, we all lost count (and pretty much lost interest too). When she was dying from emphysema as a result of years of smoking several packs of cigarettes a day, she fought like crazy to stay alive and managed to do so for several years passed what her doctors predicted.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »
Thank you,I have had depression issues most of my life.....to be honest,sadly enough,I`m kind of used to it.

It does ebb and flow though,thank god.........but when it does rear it`s ugly head,it`s a bitch.

Thanks again bud!  :)
Any-one who says that they have NEVER, suffered from depression, is a fucking fraud.
I don't care who you are, or how good you got it, nothing keeps us happy. It is an affliction that we are born with, being human.
The human condition, no words can truly capture it.

PT
Growth/noob loves me

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 09:19:45 PM »
life is a bunch of good days and bad days. you try to get yourself some power to insulate urself, u try to have leverage in every situation in minimize anxiety, but life is not like the movies, some people really think it is, no life is a struggle no matter what

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 09:20:42 PM »
Any-one who says that they have NEVER, suffered from depression, is a fucking fraud.
I don't care who you are, or how good you got it, nothing keeps us happy it is an affliction that we are born with, being human.
The human condition, no words can truly capture it.

PT

I agree bro........my mother in law always asks me why I get depressed, and says she has never been depressed before.

Lying old bitch!!  ;D

It affects everyone of us at one time or another,some more than others.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »
Right. Well unfortunately, people are often successful in their attempt to kill themselves. Still, it can be a "cry for help" which sometimes comes too late to do any good.

My mom tried to off herself so many times, we all lost count (and pretty much lost interest too). When she was dying from emphysema as a result of years of smoking several packs of cigarettes a day, she fought like crazy to stay alive and managed to do so for several years passed what her doctors predicted.
Fucking irony for you.

PT
Growth/noob loves me

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 09:23:14 PM »
i would encourage people to withhold judgement.  whether its good or bad, whether its selfish or not. were all going to die someday. some figure rather sooner than later. theres a famous quote, 'dont mourn for those who are dead, mourn for those who are living". not sure if its true but benjamin franklin, socratese, gahndi, and mlk jr are all dead so i consider anyone else dead to be in very good company.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »
I`ve got a cousin who gets depressed over the smallest stupidest things......to me,they are molehills,to him,they are mountains, and not small or stupid at all.

We all tolerate different things in different manners,some better than others.

Things that affect one person adversley,may be easily coped with by another.

Stavios

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2012, 09:24:27 PM »
don't give a shit about it

if people want to kill themself, more power to them.
Who am I to judge

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2012, 09:25:14 PM »
i would encourage people to withhold judgement.  whether its good or bad, whether its selfish or not. were all going to die someday. some figure rather sooner than later. theres a famous quote, 'dont mourn for those who are dead, mourn for those who are living". not sure if its true but benjamin franklin, socratese, gahndi, and mlk jr are all dead so i consider anyone else dead to be in very good company.
Good post Tbomz.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2012, 09:29:04 PM »
Growth/noob loves me

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Suicide - would you ever consider it?
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »
LOL  ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2012, 09:33:34 PM »
I would NEVER consider it.  If there are people who love you out there, or care about you, doing something like that is pathetic, selfish and fucks up many people, more than they ever think.  You always have good days and bad days.  It sucks.  And unfortunately, it affects a lot of people.  Especially when they hurt more than themselves.

Don't forget about Dave Jacobs, who killed a beautiful girl and someone people cared about because he couldnt deal with shit, and then killed himself.

A few months ago, an ex-coworker of mine, who worked with me for 4 years a long time ago, killed himself.  Hanged. WTF?  My age.  The guy had two kids, a young daughter, age 5.  WTF was he thinking? Because he was going through a divorce. Because his ex was driving him crazy? Never one did he stop to think about his kids, and how much they loved him, and how they will have to live with this ever day on what he did.   Bobb Giacobbe was his name.  One of our first sales rep.  Was things that bad in life?

And then there was Figure Olympia Jennifer Gates, who was separated and getting a divorce from her husband, who also killed himself too.  WTF? They had a daughter too.  Pure selfish acts.  Jennifer has since remarried and the son and daughter in a loving family home.

So if you know someone who is even contemplating it, urge them get talk it out, to anyone - because often, they are in a state of depression that is very hard to get out of at that moment.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2012, 09:38:47 PM »
Good post Ron.......sad stuff, but some people just find things unbearable at times.

You are 100% right in the fact that they should think of their loved ones,but sadly enough,they probably don`t when in the throes of deep depression.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »
I don't think enough people consider it.

Bahaha!  :D

Stavios

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2012, 09:40:44 PM »
I would NEVER consider it.  If there are people who love you out there, or care about you, doing something like that is pathetic, selfish and fucks up many people, more than they ever think.  You always have good days and bad days.  It sucks.  And unfortunately, it affects a lot of people.  Especially when they hurt more than themselves.

Don't forget about Dave Jacobs, who killed a beautiful girl and someone people cared about because he couldnt deal with shit, and then killed himself.

A few months ago, an ex-coworker of mine, who worked with me for 4 years a long time ago, killed himself.  Hanged. WTF?  My age.  The guy had two kids, a young daughter, age 5.  WTF was he thinking? Because he was going through a divorce. Because his ex was driving him crazy? Never one did he stop to think about his kids, and how much they loved him, and how they will have to live with this ever day on what he did.   Bobb Giacobbe was his name.  One of our first sales rep.  Was things that bad in life?

And then there was Figure Olympia Jennifer Gates, who was separated and getting a divorce from her husband, who also killed himself too.  WTF? They had a daughter too.  Pure selfish acts.  Jennifer has since remarried and the son and daughter in a loving family home.

So if you know someone who is even contemplating it, urge them get talk it out, to anyone - because often, they are in a state of depression that is very hard to get out of at that moment.

how can you judge that.

it's up to everybody to decide what they want to do with their life.

lets say, his ULTIMATE goal in life, was to have a great family.
boom his ex divorces him, fucks up what's the most important thing to him

dude feels like he fucked his life up, decides he doesn't want to live anymore.

sad for the kids but that's his decision, it's better to just let it go and die than to endure a life you don't want anymore and end up doing crazy shit like killing your children, ex-wife or whatever

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2012, 09:41:44 PM »
Fucking irony for you.

PT

Here is the real irony. My mother lived with my family and me for the last three years of her life. This was the same person who inspired me to move out and live on my own at sixteen because life with her and my stepdad was intolerable. Not that I didn't love her, you understand. As she used to tell me, "You may not like me, but I am the only mother you'll ever have." She was a real trip!

Believe it or not, I still miss her and she's been dead now for almost 30 years.

chess315

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »
i say if your gonna do it go out in a blaze of glory not by hooking you garden hose to an exhaust pipe of your car that way we can at least make a thread about it and your life wouldnt have been in vain.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »
I`ve got a cousin who gets depressed over the smallest stupidest things......to me,they are molehills,to him,they are mountains, and not small or stupid at all.

We all tolerate different things in different manners,some better than others.

Things that affect one person adversley,may be easily coped with by another.

Exactly. Some people believe their life is shit or at least a lot worse than everyone else's is.

On rare occasion I get "down" but most of the time, life is a charm for me (despite what some folks suggest here). Surely a lot of this has to do with my attitude. I always try to be a positive thinker. On those rare occasions when things aren't going well, it is actually a surprise to me and totally unexpected.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »
Exactly. Some people believe their life is shit or at least a lot worse than everyone else's is.

On rare occasion I get "down" but most of the time, life is a charm for me (despite what some folks suggest here). Surely a lot of this has to do with my attitude. I always try to be a positive thinker. On those rare occasions when things aren't going well, it is actually a surprise to me and totally unexpected.
I always envied people who seem content and happy most of the time.

The nerve of some people to actually enjoy their lives!!  ;D

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »
I have never used drugs, how can people get addicted?

Equals

I have never considered suicide, how can people think about such things?

dustin

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2012, 09:57:04 PM »
ANTICIPATORY ANXIETY..........I know exactly how that is. My AA has gotten SOO much better though with medication.

Omg, there's a name for it! I have nightmares about being late for work. I used to have panic attacks when I work in the evening too. It's a lot better now.

I've felt suicidal all my life. Now it's mostly something that comes and goes. I just bought a house, have a secure and well paying job (but it's stressful as fuck). I tried meds that made me numb but more suicidal so I started mediating and reading lots about philosophy which helped.

It's hard to forget about the long run when the depression consumes you. Tren can sometimes make me feel suicidal. And I have chronic migraines that cripple me and no one is compassionate or believes how much pain I'm in. I hide the pain because I hate how people treat me knowing that I claim to have a neurological disease but not fucking believing me. Not looking for sympathy but just want people to realize I'm not superman just because I'm always so positive and always there for people. I wish they didn't think so highly of me because it's stressful.

I just took out a new life insurance policy so my wife can pay the mortgage and tuition if and when I kill myself. I'm a happy guy otherwise but I had a sick and twisted childhood (nothing happened like rape or anything) so I was scarred at a young age. I've been staying to drink and take my wife's narcotics because my migraine prescription is over a thousand bucks a month which I can't afford or tolerate paying. She has a sick pile from her car accident that really stressed me the fuck out. Double the responsibly because of her injury and the settlement took 4 years. An ex friend wanted to testify against my wife to fuck us over so we had to settle for shut. Spent dozens of thousands on her rehab and worked overtime and took care of her without complaining. I massage her foot a couple hours everyday and help rehab her back. It's tough.

My only concern is hurting my family. My wife is great buy she doesn't understand my disease and drives me insane sometimes. I was thinking of doing some things to set them up for life monetarily before I do anything. I'm feeling good now but when my demons come out I crumble.

Ironic thing is that I've mentored people and have done suicide prevention volunteer work. I've coached lots of people in my position but the migraines suck the life out of me and make me miserable. I can have them for days on end and it's literally torture.

lol didn't mean to rant too much but I've prepared letters for my family in my head a million times over and now I recite things I'd want to share with you guys for if and when I decide to take that path. Thought I'd share it now just in case I go insane and hit that point of no return.