Author Topic: Should candidates have to disclose tax returns?  (Read 2445 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Should candidates have to disclose tax returns?
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »
I think they should.

I think,especially now, it's relevant.

By do they need to show us their school transcripts?  No.

But they needed to disclose what Michelle said, that's fucking important.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »
Yeah, I have to admit Im wrong on this one, the more I think about it the more I agree with you guys... I get really pissed when they act like certain bad things that have happened in the past are indicative of someones ability to lead, or how they live their personal lives, juding them based on open relationships, etc.

But the more I think about it, the more I realize you guys are right... where money comes from, who gives it, how much they recieve, and the actions they make because of it will speak volumes on their ability to lead and how corrupt they will be if they get into office.

You surprise me.  From your postings, I've always thought of you as an above average get bigger, but you actually had to think this over and change your mind? ???  Given the flow of money in our politics, the gap between rich and poor, and the increasing incidence of people becoming very wealthy (suspiciously) in short periods of time demanding that candidates for president show their tax returns seems like such a no brainer. :-[

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 04:48:54 PM »
You surprise me.  From your postings, I've always thought of you as an above average get bigger, but you actually had to think this over and change your mind? ???  Given the flow of money in our politics, the gap between rich and poor, and the increasing incidence of people becoming very wealthy (suspiciously) in short periods of time demanding that candidates for president show their tax returns seems like such a no brainer. :-[

A scholar and a gentleman!...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 04:52:32 PM »
 8). Its all important unless its obama right?   You idiots voted for obama who won't release anything to this day.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 04:56:51 PM »
Are we talking about OB's tax returns or OB's grades? Or what Michelle said?

I'd love to see OB's tax returns as well as every othe scum bag politician including the honorable RP.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 05:01:13 PM »
they want the power to

1) destory or fix economy
2) nuke the world
30 print trillions of dollars

as far as I'm concerned, i want an anal probe of anyone who wants that job. I need to KNOW that you're of sound mind and health.  I wanna know if your grandma went crazy at your age, and what your lungs look like from all that weed.   run an EKG for the coke, too.  ANd an IQ test - take one, dammit! 

You wanna run our nation and control our lives - you damn well better release more than 1 a page note form your doctor - WTF is wrong with you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »
 :-[    I guess obamas failed presidency shows the need to properly vett the candidates like never happened in 2008.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
Think over as in had to take a minute and realize I made a knee-jerk post without thinking.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
:-[    I guess obamas failed presidency shows the need to properly vett the candidates like never happened in 2008.

even palin agreed with that - 2 nights ago on fox news.

I dont understand - people research their gardener more than their president.  acting all offended because people wanted to see obama's lung scan or mccain's skin cancer tests or palin's mental health record or biden's hair plugs.

god ....  you want to control the nuke football and you're a religious zealout - and america deserves to know if you have 6 months to live from cancer, you konw?  

shit, i dont want some bible literalist with serious cancer holding the nuke football - do you?

Shit, people are stupid.  fuck em   when USA collapses, suck one .  you brought this shit upon yourself.  mitt vs. romney - howf cking dum are repubs?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 05:16:26 PM »
 :o. Ill take a bible thumper over a saul alinsky marxist radical any day.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 05:17:51 PM »
:o. Ill take a bible thumper over a saul alinsky marxist radical any day.

no no no

YOU might, but sally fucking soccer mom will not.

she'll stick with the kenyan rev al green over the bible thumper dbag.

ya gotta think of her when you pick your canddiate.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 05:37:24 PM »
Think over as in had to take a minute and realize I made a knee-jerk post without thinking.  ;D

A knee-jerk post on getbig? ???  Heaven forfend!  I didn't think such things happened.

Now, a jerk post...?  Happens all the time.  For example:

That's a great everyday look, easy to maintain without a ton of gear.

;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 09:57:07 PM »
Original, vault copy birth certificate — Not released (lawyers’ fees greater than $2,000,000 ~ birth certificate is $15) - You're a dum ass

Certification of Live Birth — Released — Counterfeit- You're a dum ass

Amended Certification of Live Birth — Released — Counterfeit - You're a dum ass

Obama/Dunham marriage license — Not released (if one exists) - Who gives a shit

Obama/Dunham divorce — Released (by independent investigators) - Who gives a shit

Noelani Kindergarten records — Records lost (this is a big one — read two frames) - Really??  are you fucking seriously you stupid fuck??  Kindergarten records...who cares what Obama built with his fucking Legos

Soetoro/Dunham marriage license — Not released - Who fucking cares

Soetoro adoption records — Not released - Who fucking cares

Fransiskus Assisi School School application — Released (by independent investigators) - who gives a shit

Punahou School application — Missing - No, its not missing fuckface

Punahou School records — Not released - No, its not missing fuckface

Noelani 3rd Grade records — Not released -  Who REALLY FUCKING GIVES A SHIT

Soetoro/Dunham divorce — Released (by independent investigators) -Who REALLY FUCKING GIVES A SHIT

Selective Service Registration — Released — Under suspicion - Only By Idiots Like You

Social Security Number — Released (by independent investigators) — Under suspicion - Only By Idiots Like You

Occidental College records — Not released - Who fucking cares

Financial Aid Records — Not released - Who fucking cares

Passport — Not released and records scrubbed clean by Obama’s terrorism and intelligence adviser - Like every other President you jackass

Columbia College records — Not released- So Fucking What

Columbia thesis — “Soviet Nuclear Disarmament” — Not released - Thesis is available at request you fucking hyena

Harvard College records — Not released - Who fucking cares

Harvard Law Review articles — None - You surely can't be this fucking dum can you????

Illinois Bar Records — Not released - Seeing as how he was practicing law...is there any dispute that he's a fucking lawyer you piece of camel shit

Baptism certificate — None - Oh fucking No..... ::)

Medical records — Not released — nor is the source of this nasty scar - Like anyone's is ever released you stupid bastard

Illinois State Senate records — None -  ::)

Illinois State Senate schedule — Lost - No reason to keep them you fucking ass camel

Law practice client list — Not released - Available through public records dipshit

University of Chicago scholarly articles — None - b]Available through public records dipshit[/b]

The Blagojevich Interview — judge denies access to the FBI report - Has nothing to do with Obama, fuckface

The Illinois State Archives told Judicial Watch that they never received any request from Senator Obama to archive any records in his possession. WHO GIVES A SHIT

In 2007, Obama told Tim Russert that his records were “not kept.” - No he didn't and Tim can't talk

Fixed
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 04:12:01 AM »
Exactly Vince.   When it's Obama , nomad rules dont apply to our first AA potus

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 11:50:53 AM »
So now that Romney released his tax returns and we learned what everyone already knew (that he makes some serious coin), what next?  He probably should have done this before SC. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
So now that Romney released his tax returns and we learned what everyone already knew (that he makes some serious coin), what next?  He probably should have done this before SC. 

now you have liberals attacking him for making $20 million for "no work". 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »
it's very simple.  all should or none should.  we need to pick one and shut the fuck up. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 06:59:27 PM »
I'm sure the return will show all sorts of "secret" accounts that some people can complain about.  

Romney: I Will Release 2011 Tax Return
Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012

Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, responding to criticism from Democrats over his refusal to release tax returns from before 2010, said today that he will publicize his 2011 return when it’s completed.
“The Democrats are always going to be critics,” he said in an interview airing today on Fox Business Network. “Tax information is there, other financial disclosure is there.”

He also said he was releasing “the same level of information” on his finances as did Sen. John McCain of Arizona, the 2008 Republican presidential nominee and Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts, the 2004 Democratic nominee.

Romney filed for an extension on his 2011 federal income taxes before the usual April deadline and has until Oct. 15 to complete the return. Extensions are typical for taxpayers such as Romney with complicated finances.

In January, he released his 2010 return and an estimated return for 2011. For 2010, Romney paid a 13.9 percent effective tax rate on more than $21 million in income, largely because he receives most of his income from capital gains and dividends taxed at preferential rates capped at 15 percent.

Democrats have been calling on Romney to release prior years’ returns, citing the decision by his father, George Romney, to release 12 years of returns during his failed bid for the 1968 Republican presidential nomination.

“Mitt Romney talks about this great family that he comes from, and I acknowledge it is,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Nevada Democrat, said yesterday. “But why doesn’t he follow the example set by his father and release his tax returns?”

Romney, a former Massachusetts governor who helped found the Boston-based private-equity firm Bain Capital, is worth as much as $250 million, according to financial documents his campaign has released. President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign has targeted Romney’s business background in ads, linking him to the outsourcing of U.S. jobs.

Romney said in today’s interview that voters are tired of “petty” attacks by politicians.

“The president wants to make this a campaign about attacking wealth,” he said. “I want to make this a campaign about helping the middle class.”

Romney declined to discuss his search for a vice presidential nominee.

“If I did,” he said, “I would have to come after you with my Men In Black flashlight and erase your memory,” referring to the movie series in which the heroes combat disguised aliens and zap the memories of civilian witnesses.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/BGOVTAX-BNALL-CNG-CNGTEAM/2012/07/11/id/445072

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »
Some history on presidents who released returns. 

http://www.taxhistory.org/www/website.nsf/Web/PresidentialTaxReturns/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »
Some history on presidents who released returns. 

re-post

Obama has released 12 years of his tax returns

btw - Romney would not be able to qualify for a cabinet post in his own future administration with only two years of tax returns

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2012, 09:31:50 AM »
She's right. 

Ann Romney says 'given all you people need to know' on taxes
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

(CNN) – Ann Romney stood firmly by her husband's commitment to release only two years of tax returns in an interview airing Thursday, saying the information already disclosed was plenty of transparency for the presumptive GOP nominee.

"There are so many things that will be open again for more attack, and you just give more material for more attack, and that's the answer. We've given all you people need to know and understand about our financial situation and about how we live our life," Mrs. Romney said on ABC.

"The election, again, will not be decided on that," she continued.

Romney has released his tax return from 2010, and an estimate for his 2011 information. He filed for an extension on submitting his taxes in April, and has vowed to release the full return when his accountant finalized the documents.

Democrats, and some Republicans, have urged Romney to disclose more of his tax information. Democrats say additional returns will clear up questions about offshore accounts and his rate of income tax, while Republicans say it would be politically advantageous to disclose more information.

In the interview airing Thursday, Ann Romney said the information already released showed Romney was a financially generous - and responsible - man.

"You know, you should really look at where Mitt has led his life, and where he's been financially," Mrs. Romney said. "He's a very generous person. We give 10% of our income to our church every year. Do you think that is the kind of person who is trying to hide things, or do things? No. He is so good about it."

The 2011 tax estimate released in January showed the Romneys gave $2.6 million to their church last year, more than 12% of the roughly $21 million they earned. The Romneys also gave $1.4 million last year in cash and stock to their family foundation, which heavily supports the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

In 2010, the other year for which the Romneys released a federal tax return, they gave $1.5 million to the LDS church, 7% of their earnings, plus $900,000 to their family foundation, called the Tyler Foundation.

The Tyler Foundation gave $145,000 to the LDS church in 2010, so the Romneys' church donations average out to 10% over the last two years.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/19/ann-romney-says-given-all-you-people-need-to-know-on-taxes/

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »
A lazy girl who never worked a day in here life wants to decide what is appropriate for us to know about the man who is running office and is gonna have his hand on the nuke button. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 04:58:50 PM »
Pelosi: I'll release tax returns 'when I run for president'
Published July 20, 2012
FoxNews.com

While Democratic lawmakers and operatives clamor for Mitt Romney to release a full catalogue of tax returns, Nancy Pelosi doesn't think members of Congress should be held to the same standard.

"When I run for president of the United States, you can hold me to that standard," she told reporters Thursday.

The House Democratic leader and former speaker made the comment when pressed about a new report that found most members of Congress are keeping their own returns secret. McClatchy newspapers requested tax returns from all members of Congress, but only 17 provided the documents. Nineteen reportedly told McClatchy they would not release the returns, while the rest didn't reply at all.

Pelosi, though, accused reporters of trying to change the subject when they questioned her about the reluctance of lawmakers to do what they want Romney to do.

"Why are we taking the focus away from the subject at hand?" she said. "A person has decided that they want to run for the president of the United States."

Pelosi argued that for presidential candidates, the standard is different. "There has been a tradition that tax returns are released," she said.

Pelosi tried to turn the tables on her questioners at one point, saying: "Some people think the same standard should be held for the ownership of the news media ... who are writing these stories."

Romney so far has agreed to release two years' worth of returns, but no more. He has suggested he doesn't want to give Democrats fodder for their opposition research.

Democrats, though, have used Romney's reluctance to release more tax records to paint him as secretive.

House Speaker John Boehner came to Romney's defense Thursday, calling the whole debate a "sideshow." He argued that neither presidential candidates nor members of Congress should have to release their records.

"I've never released my tax returns. That's my private business just like it's your own private business," he said. "It's a sideshow, that's all it is. The American people are asking the question, 'where are the jobs?' They're not asking 'where are the tax returns?'"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/20/pelosi-says-shell-release-her-tax-returns-when-run-for-president/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 06:23:30 PM »
She's right. 

Ann Romney says 'given all you people need to know' on taxes
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

(CNN) – Ann Romney stood firmly by her husband's commitment to release only two years of tax returns in an interview airing Thursday, saying the information already disclosed was plenty of transparency for the presumptive GOP nominee.

"There are so many things that will be open again for more attack, and you just give more material for more attack, and that's the answer. We've given all you people need to know and understand about our financial situation and about how we live our life," Mrs. Romney said on ABC.

"The election, again, will not be decided on that," she continued.

Romney has released his tax return from 2010, and an estimate for his 2011 information. He filed for an extension on submitting his taxes in April, and has vowed to release the full return when his accountant finalized the documents.

Democrats, and some Republicans, have urged Romney to disclose more of his tax information. Democrats say additional returns will clear up questions about offshore accounts and his rate of income tax, while Republicans say it would be politically advantageous to disclose more information.

In the interview airing Thursday, Ann Romney said the information already released showed Romney was a financially generous - and responsible - man.

"You know, you should really look at where Mitt has led his life, and where he's been financially," Mrs. Romney said. "He's a very generous person. We give 10% of our income to our church every year. Do you think that is the kind of person who is trying to hide things, or do things? No. He is so good about it."

The 2011 tax estimate released in January showed the Romneys gave $2.6 million to their church last year, more than 12% of the roughly $21 million they earned. The Romneys also gave $1.4 million last year in cash and stock to their family foundation, which heavily supports the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

In 2010, the other year for which the Romneys released a federal tax return, they gave $1.5 million to the LDS church, 7% of their earnings, plus $900,000 to their family foundation, called the Tyler Foundation.

The Tyler Foundation gave $145,000 to the LDS church in 2010, so the Romneys' church donations average out to 10% over the last two years.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/19/ann-romney-says-given-all-you-people-need-to-know-on-taxes/

she's absolutely wrong and a recent poll shows that a majority of Americans disagree with her

http://fox2now.com/2012/07/20/poll-shows-americans-want-to-see-romneys-tax-returns-2/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 12:03:30 AM »
dont worry, getbiggers predicted the story would be history in a week.

wednesday of next week, this story won't be relevant anymore, write it down.