Author Topic: newt coming back from the dead?  (Read 2425 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: newt coming back from the dead?
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »
Panicked Romney Flailing Wildly as Newt Pulls-Out NINE POINT LEAD in Florida
Reaganite Republican ^ | January 23, 2012 | Reaganite Republican

Rasmussen just put out fresh numbers- Gingrich is up 41-32% over Mittens in delegate-rich jackpot Florida. Rich Santorum garners just 11, Ron Paul 8.

Insider Advantage also has a new poll out today placing Newt up BIG already (+8.8%) in Florida, this coming on the heels of an interesting Gallup finding: 'unelectable' Gingrich has closed to a statistical dead-heat in a November Obama matchup (!).  This would be the same Gallup polling organization who's editor-in-chief (Frank Newport) saw Romney's support nationally 'collapsing' even before his demoralizing SC spanking.

Others who make a living handicapping (and wagering upon) these things -like InTrade- have stock in a Gingrich victory in Florida soaring, now standing at 55%.

As you've probably heard by know, Romney has chosen to go
full scorched-earth on Gingrich in Florida, and already has surrogates Chris 'Krispy Kreme' Christie and Tim 'Dull as Dishwater' Pawlenty doing some of his dirty work.  But Mittens himself seems dour and embittered in the wake of South Carolina... like it's somebody else's fault he got his butt handed to him. He also seems lost when unable to simply purchase or order what he wants... Mittens has spent $7M on (mostly negative) media in Florida, and this is the result he's getting- ouch.

As for the much-ballyhooed Romney campaign organisation, they stunk it up in SC, and now the Florida staff is said to be freaking-out as he continues to slide in most any poll you care to look at. After being taken for granted and manipulated by the GOP old-guard for the last couple years, the TEA Party movement is finding it's inner Chuck Norris and standing-up for the right to choose a nominee who represents our conservative values... not those of  a spoiled, ossified DC elite.

The hollow, manufactured inevitability argument for Romney now seems dead-in-the-water, as caustic negative attacks upon the former House Speaker have for the most part backfired... serious momentum on the side of Team Gingrich has this backer expecting a continued surge in poll numbers in the coming days, most likely beginning with tonight's Tampa debate.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 09:30:46 AM »
 ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
lolzer!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »
newt is the dems gift,no way the repubs are this dumb

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »
"As an American, I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name. America gave him the White House, based on the same credentials."  -Newt Gingrich

THIS IS WHY NEWT IS PULLING AHEAD.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »
the repubs are between a rock and a hard place,they have mr. haunted house with a million skeletons or they have everyones not so favorite morman,the Evangelicals want no part of

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2012, 11:14:39 AM »
the repubs are between a rock and a hard place,they have mr. haunted house with a million skeletons or they have everyones not so favorite morman,the Evangelicals want no part of

America is between a rock and a hard place with the idiot in chief as potus we have now.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2012, 11:48:31 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2012, 02:46:25 PM »
Why Newt Could Win
National Review Online ^ | January 23, 2012 | Michael Walsh

Yes, I know: it’s amazing to even think about it, when you look back just a few months to the wreck of the SS Squarepants (as some idiot dubbed it). But when even Jonathan Alter is explaining to his MSNBC hostess why it’s time to start taking Mr. Newt seriously, you know the ground has shifted and, unlike the Costa Concordia, the ship is starting to right itself.

So let me second Mark’s notion that the man who has resurrected Newt is the same guy who put him in the ground in Iowa, Mitt Romney. In fact, all the anti-Romneys, past and present — Newt twice, Santorum, Perry, Bachmann — arose to fill the felt need of the conservative electorate that the once-rejected former Massachusetts governor was highly unlikely to have improved with age, and that just because it was “his turn” was no reason to hand him the nomination à la Bob Dole and John McCain.

The problem with Romney, it seems to me, is that not only is he the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time, politically ill-wind speaking, he has no natural constituency — and that’s what’s keeping him mired in the mid-twenties while the not-Romneys (including the outlier, Ron Paul) scoop up the rest.

Just before the New Hampshire primary, some idiot tweeted, “If Romney is held below 40 percent, he’s toast; if below 30 percent, he’s meat.” As it turned out, he got 39.4 percent — lightly buttered toast. Because if quasi-favorite-son Mitt couldn’t convincingly sweep away the riff-raff in his own back yard, it bode poorly for South Carolina. (By contrast, Gingrich got 40.45 percent of the vote in S.C., and he was still splitting the anti-Mitt vote with Paul and Santorum.)

So if Romney’s homies didn’t turn out for him in the Granite State, where are they going to turn out? All the organization and money in the world can’t force folks to vote for you if they don’t want to, and now that Newt’s inoculated himself against further Super PAC attack ads and renegade ex-wives, it’s unlikely that Romney can carpet-bomb him as effectively as he did in Iowa. Newt’s now like one of those nuked Japanese film creatures that not only was not destroyed but is back, bigger, badder and more cheesed off than ever.

To whom does Romney really appeal? Who are his broken-glass voters? Yes, he seems like a pleasant enough fellow and no one doubts his business or organizational acumen. But he’s hurt himself badly in the debates — and not just, as the new conventional wisdom has it, in S.C., but right from the start. The stammering, the stuttering, the evasiveness, the boilerplate bromides, the rude and annoying way he turns to stare at his fellow debaters when they’re speaking — he’s an empathy-repelling Stepford Candidate; wind him up and he gives pretty much the same performance every time. Whereas Gingrich alone finally figured out that if it’s red meat that’s wanted, you might as well rip chunks of it from the flesh of the unctuous moderators and throw it right at the ravenous studio audience.

None of the usual political allegiances work for Romney. Unlike Santorum, he has no appeal to the working-class white ethnics, many of them Catholic, who used to be Democrats but since have found a home in the GOP. The absurd defense offered by his apologists that venture capitalism is the essence of the American Dream is not likely to sway voters for whom paychecks are earned with sweat, not favorable treatment in the tax code after you’ve made your pile.

Unlike Perry, Romney has no natural appeal in the South — where, no matter what the Constitution says about “no religious test” for office, his Mormonism is still the subject of much sotto voce muttering. His Michigan upbringing notwithstanding, he lacks Bachmann’s midwestern appeal (as well as her accent). Unlike Paul, he’s not a single-issue crazy, who can fire up his troops by waving the Federal Reserve’s bloody shirt. And while the Pennsylvania-born Gingrich is as regionally unanchored as Romney — Newt’s a northerner comfortable among southerners — somehow the former speaker has pulled it off, probably because he doesn’t try to fake it.

Lacking a geographic or ethnic base, he was always going to have a tough time. He’s a national candidate who hasn’t made it to the general election yet. And then, of course, he had the bad luck to be associated with Bain Capital, a tailor-made propaganda issue for the Democrats that Gingrich defensively pre-empted in response to Romney’s scorched-earth Iowa campaign against him.

So is Romney toast or meat? Neither, yet. He’s probably 50–50 to set Gingrich back in Florida, momentum or no momentum — a silly Washington press corps construct that assumes politics is like football, when in fact it’s more like baseball, a sport in which there is no momentum. The pitcher — or in this case, the state-by-state electorate — changes constantly. Every day is square one.

But Gingrich doesn’t have to win in Florida. All he has to do is hang on until the Super Tuesday donnybrook on March 6, where despite his Virginia blunder, the terrain favors him. Gingrich is a Civil War buff and he may finally have realized that while he doesn’t yet command the men and materiel that Grant had, being General Meade, the man who defeated Lee at Gettysburg and thus changed the course of the war, will be good enough for now.

So if Gingrich wins the nomination, can he beat Obama? The smart money says no, but you’d expect a poll-obsessed, racing-form consulting collection of media eunuchs to say that. (Heads have been rotating on MSNBC the past 48 hours as the metrosexual chatterers try to unearth the secret of Gingrich’s belligerent appeal, unable to wrap their minds around the fact that it’s the very belligerence that’s the appeal.)

The dumb money, however, says . . . maybe. In a fight between a puncher and boxer, between Grant and Lee, the boxer may sing and dance for round after round, but if the puncher ever catches up to him, it’s lights out. Gingrich’s genius in going after the media is that he knows they are Obama’s Praetorian Guard and shock troops rolled into one. If he can take them out — by making them look as ridiculous as they really are and thus stripping them of their pompous, bogus “morality” — he can sweep up the midwest, roll up the South, and very likely force the surrender in the same place Grant cornered Lee: the swing state of Virginia.

Or he could just blow up again and go down for the third time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »
National Review is a shit rag and Id only use it to wipe my ass.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2012, 08:31:21 PM »
Gingrich 2012: Polls Suggest Nevada Could be Jackpot for Newt
ibtimes.com ^ | 1/23/2012 | IBTIMES STAFF REPORTER
Posted on January 23, 2012 7:56:49 PM EST by TBBT

Newt Gingrich's 2012 campaign is showing signs that the former House speaker may pull off a win in the Feb. 4 Nevada GOP caucus, as preliminary polls and news reports show him surging in the Silver State.

Gingrich's candidacy was declared dead repeatedly over the last several months, but with his trouncing of assumed frontrunner Mitt Romney Saturday in the South Carolina GOP primary, news outlets and early polling suggest he may be able to sieze another key win in Nevada, the "first in the West" of this year's caucuses.

Las Vegas-based political TV reporter Jon Ralston tweeted the following from his Twitter account on Monday evening, "I'm told Winning Our Future, the Newt SuperPAC, is inquiring about media in Nevada. hearing there is polling data showing him surging here." His remarks suggest that the Gingrich 2012 campaign has information coming out of the state that suggests it should focus efforts there in an attempt to win its crucial caucus.

(Excerpt) Read more at ibtimes.com ...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »
National Review is a shit rag and Id only use it to wipe my ass.
I thought I was the only one lol.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2012, 09:50:45 PM »
I thought I was the only one lol.

Fuck em all man. Fuck them to fucking hell. Ive never thought in my wildest dreams trying to promote liberty and fiscal sanity, etc.. would be treated with such utter contempt and everyone is so mind numbingly stupid to see that the rug is being pulled from right underneath their feet.

Gingrish is now the Tea PArty hero? Paul has the worst personality? Strap in. We are going to hell people.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2012, 10:03:37 PM »
Fuck em all man. Fuck them to fucking hell. Ive never thought in my wildest dreams trying to promote liberty and fiscal sanity, etc.. would be treated with such utter contempt and everyone is so mind numbingly stupid to see that the rug is being pulled from right underneath their feet.

Gingrish is now the Tea PArty hero? Paul has the worst personality? Strap in. We are going to hell people.
Totally agree.  And i don't want to be one to say i told you so because i fucking hate people who say that shit, but I did try to tell people this was what was happening to the tea party in the months after obama was elected.  I remember making posts furious about how I thought it was being hijacked from what Paul started.  Now we see the complete vision of it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2012, 06:24:13 PM »
http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

Newt nearly tied w Obama. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2012, 07:02:27 PM »

This.
Im so fucking sick of people - I decided today that these idiots deserve the shit hole theyre creating, everywhere I went was the same thing -
Arrogant, ignorant pricks. Half of them act like theyre superior to everyone or have a chip on their shoulder and the other act like people are children that the government has to tell what to do cause everyone besides themsevles is to dumb to make their own decisions.

Fuck these people and fuck what this countries citizens have become - Im starting to agree with Uberman, weve become a society of total self absorbed morons with no common sense.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:07 PM »
http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

Newt nearly tied w Obama. 

like that's something to be proud of.  insane.  it's a tie, and we're in the great fcking depression part 2.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2012, 07:36:16 PM »
like that's something to be proud of.  insane.  it's a tie, and we're in the great fcking depression part 2.

Carter was leading Reagan at this point. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »
Carter was leading Reagan at this point. 

thank goodness papi got that october surprise with iran hostages lol