Author Topic: Fat vs. Carbs - Which is worse?  (Read 5135 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Fat vs. Carbs - Which is worse?
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 02:11:24 AM »
So you choose to live the hairy ape lifestyle?

I think you just type whatever drivel that comes to your mind while lacking forethought to reread it prior to hitting "send."

i resemble that  :P

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 03:34:58 PM »
So you choose to live the hairy ape lifestyle?

I think you just type whatever drivel that comes to your mind while lacking forethought to reread it prior to hitting "send."
yup, huge hairy beast. thats me. and i love it.   :)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 05:51:24 PM »
Even though fat has more calories than carbs (per gram), the carbs affect blood sugar.  Fats don't.  Usually better off with fats.

You are right. It increases plasma triglycerides and glycerol levels, which is much worse.

And fat can be converted into sugar via gluconeogenesis in the liver, although this usually doesen't happen unless you are starving in which case the rise in blood sugar level will be controlled. So you are correct about this, but eating too much fat is much, much worse than eating too much carbs unless you are talking about an amount of glucose so gigantic that it would kill you of insulin shock.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 02:18:49 AM »
  You are right. It increases plasma triglycerides and glycerol levels, which is much worse.

And fat can be converted into sugar via gluconeogenesis in the liver, although this usually doesen't happen unless you are starving in which case the rise in blood sugar level will be controlled. So you are correct about this, but eating too much fat is much, much worse than eating too much carbs unless you are talking about an amount of glucose so gigantic that it would kill you of insulin shock.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Can we just agree that too many calories (more or less regardless of the source) tend to be bad?  I would love to see a healthy (non-diabetic) human being try to eat themselves into insulin shock...

suckmymuscle

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »

Can we just agree that too many calories (more or less regardless of the source) tend to be bad?  I would love to see a healthy (non-diabetic) human being try to eat themselves into insulin shock...

I never said that eating so many carbs will cause you to go into insulin shock. I wrote that too many carbs are worse than too many fats only if you eat so much of it that you die of insulin shock. No where do I state that this is even possible - I just gave a worse case scenario.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
ok  :-*